TForce | Tell me WHY

I'm going to be 64 in March of 2008,and I'm going to have 45 years driving a city route by Feburary of 2008.
So does this have you beat,wassesname?

You said you weren't that much younger than me?
Well now I see I'm a lot closser to the manure pile than you are after all.

slo, I detect and appreciate some friendly sarcasm. The objective in organizing UPSF, in my mind, should have been to bring those workers up to the level enjoyed by NMFA covered workers not create a situation where YRCW can make a legitimate argument for concessions. I hope I am stirring up something, preferably thought provoking discussions, parody at the highest level and Unity across the industry. I did read yor first post and was trying to elaborate on what I believe was the point you were making. I maybe should have stated the Indy contract could potentially became the new standard as opposed to stating it as an inevitability. Happy Holidays.
2 good posts metal. This is what i've been saying as well. The industry as a whole takes a major hit with the Indy contract. Be prepared for the neagative posts you are about to receive from the "union can do no wrong" group.:nutkick:

Oh I see that means that they will walk out with us because after all we are all brothers.
Thanks for explaining that to me I feel much better now.:biglaugh:

By the way you talk, no one is your brother, so in your case, no they won't be your brother. The fact remains the Parcel side and freight will be tied together, one way or another. The one thing I do love is the Cal. is a union shop state, so if your barn does join, you will be forced to pay the dues. :biglaugh: Unlike where I live where we all have to want to be in the union to join.:1036316054:I think that is the thing that pisses you off the most. You may have no choice.

2 good posts metal. This is what i've been saying as well. The industry as a whole takes a major hit with the Indy contract. Be prepared for the neagative posts you are about to receive from the "union can do no wrong" group.:nutkick:

Hey where is that raise your TM promised me on Dec. 5th? I'm still waiting.:biglaugh::hysterical::smilie_132:

If you work for UPS Freight your my UPS Freight brother,or sister what ever the case may be.
We are after all in the UPS family.
Does that help you to want to get along with each other?

By the way you talk, no one is your brother, so in your case, no they won't be your brother. The fact remains the Parcel side and freight will be tied together, one way or another. The one thing I do love is the Cal. is a union shop state, so if your barn does join, you will be forced to pay the dues. :biglaugh: Unlike where I live where we all have to want to be in the union to join.:1036316054:I think that is the thing that pisses you off the most. You may have no choice.

You need to use that head for something other than wearing a ball cap. I can care less about paying dues. Is that all you can come up with.

Read Metal Head posts! If you still don't get it I'm sorry for you. This is about the contract not union vs nonunion.

You need to use that head for something other than wearing a ball cap. I can care less about paying dues. Is that all you can come up with.

Read Metal Head posts! If you still don't get it I'm sorry for you. This is about the contract not union vs nonunion.

So tell me some of the articles of the INDY contract? I have it right here with me.:1036316054:

As far as the wages and benefits it is the same as what we already have. Is it not?
If it is better please enlighten me...

The wages increase 23% over the lifetime of the contract. We have averaged less than 10% increase over my 10 years. The med cost will be frozen for the next 5 years. As far as vac, and such that remains unchanged. The work rule changes will make a large difference for my terminal. For one, the sups will no longer be able to do any work that we drivers or dockworkers due. So no more sending guys home and our sups working the dock or moving trailers in the yard or making del or pu's. They do any of that and the highest man in seniority who was not working will be paid his full 8 or 4 hours., depending on fulltime or part time status..

Oh I see that means that they will walk out with us because after all we are all brothers.
Thanks for explaining that to me I feel much better now.:biglaugh:
The union will not cross our picket lines, and vice versa. Our contract or INDY'S contract does expire the same time small package does , therefore the negotiations will be at the same time as parcel.

Instead of offending everyone on the boards , and of coarse you think metal made good posts, then I suggest you follow his example.

Do not even try to put yourself in the same catagory as he, you are not.

He did take a more mature approach to telling us the way he feels, I also agree with metal, and WOW the two of us agree with his statements, and I am pro union in this matter. What a concept.

As you can see the pro union man ( speaking of me) awnsered him in the same repectful way he approached us with his posts. So what does that tell you?

The wages increase 23% over the lifetime of the contract. We have averaged less than 10% increase over my 10 years. The med cost will be frozen for the next 5 years. As far as vac, and such that remains unchanged. The work rule changes will make a large difference for my terminal. For one, the sups will no longer be able to do any work that we drivers or dockworkers due. So no more sending guys home and our sups working the dock or moving trailers in the yard or making del or pu's. They do any of that and the highest man in seniority who was not working will be paid his full 8 or 4 hours., depending on fulltime or part time status..

Lieb, I realize the contract will differ from region to region, what type of INS. are we looking at here, I realize UPS is asking us too contribute to the cost of the plan, which I think is a farse, but what Type of policy in referrance to coverage? From what I understand it is catastrophic at best.

Lieb, I realize the contract will differ from region to region, what type of INS. are we looking at here, I realize UPS is asking us too contribute to the cost of the plan, which I think is a farse, but what Type of policy in referrance to coverage? From what I understand it is catastrophic at best.

From what I saw on my copy the med is a 85% -15% coverage. BCBS-United HC. The catastrophic is at no monthly cost to you. The 85% will vary from state to state.:1036316054:

The NMFA is a relic of the past. It may have been good before deregulation, but now it is not, any person who ever thinks UPS would go under the NMFA is insane. It will never happen. I repeat it will never happen. If you are holding out for NMFA you will die waiting. There is no chance it will ever happen.

I for one am not ready to throw away the NMFA as a relic. As far as deregulation that occured 20 plus years ago and the NMFA has survived since then. If the NMFA truly does perish it will be for several reasons, the lack of organizing in the freight industry, the growth of the non-union freight companies and like it or not white paper contracts that are substandard to the NMFA. Non of us should ever forget that there was a time when it was said "the companies will never sign a master agreeement or even allow their companies to be organized" and people did die to prove the naysayers wrong.