XPO | The boxboss question and answer thread

Guys, It has been a long, difficult week, and I am on my way back to the service center right now to "finish" the week...There is obviously alot to talk about, and I see all the new threads, and of course, all kinds of new people offering their expert opinions....When I get home later today, I will jump on and chat and see if we can clear some of the air...Alot of people struggling with all this right now, and it isn't just those who are unemployed today...talk to you in about 6 hours or so...

Let's just say for the time being that the work I have been doing has been really hard...

Well, you are a hard worker. You've not missed many opportunities to tell us so. However am guessing you are referring to the tasks of terminating employees and I don't envy you there. But it does go with the territory, as do any other unpleasantries associated with your job.

Godspeed.

Let's just say for the time being that the work I have been doing has been really hard...

I cant even begin to imagine. I wouldnt want to be out at XGO anytime in the near future. I am confused though at the terminations accross the boards and why some of the individuals were chosen.People who have sacraficed so much of the life time etc. into this great co. and for what? I just dont see the big picture. I do understand we need to brace ourselves for even tougher economic times. In my little way of thinking maybe John L should have gathered the SCMs from around the country and explaned, its bad really bad. Wastefull spending,wrong investments,its time for us to admit our mistakes. We all have individualls are our FACs that just dont care. They are here just for a paycheck. And others that have bought into the ConWay culture go out every day whether P@D or L/H and give 110%We need to get rid of those that dont produce, that dont care, and laugh in the face of management. And while Im on that kick we need to clean up management on the SCM,RESHIP,all the way up to XGO. We have FOSs that dont care if you call XGO and complain,They throw it in your face that its no big deal. I could go on but Ill probably get bumped off. I mean no disrepect I know you are a SCM and totally respect that. Im glad we have you on here for another voice/advise. THX

I cant even begin to imagine. I wouldnt want to be out at XGO anytime in the near future. I am confused though at the terminations accross the boards and why some of the individuals were chosen.People who have sacraficed so much of the life time etc. into this great co. and for what? I just dont see the big picture. I do understand we need to brace ourselves for even tougher economic times. In my little way of thinking maybe John L should have gathered the SCMs from around the country and explaned, its bad really bad. Wastefull spending,wrong investments,its time for us to admit our mistakes. We all have individualls are our FACs that just dont care. They are here just for a paycheck. And others that have bought into the ConWay culture go out every day whether P@D or L/H and give 110%We need to get rid of those that dont produce, that dont care, and laugh in the face of management. And while Im on that kick we need to clean up management on the SCM,RESHIP,all the way up to XGO. We have FOSs that dont care if you call XGO and complain,They throw it in your face that its no big deal. I could go on but Ill probably get bumped off. I mean no disrepect I know you are a SCM and totally respect that. Im glad we have you on here for another voice/advise. THX

What you are suggesting is that Conway needs to get rid of all the people that were once loyal and truly believed that Conway looked out for their betterment and welfare. That in exchange for risking to work for a small unproven company that touts non-union we will earn a "livable wage" and a solid retirement package. That Conway needs get rid of the people that built this company, - you know, the ones they burned and disenfranchised.

And now they can start fresh with a new batch and some older hanger ons and screw them and burn them out too. There are a lot of peeps that feel the same as you. Some of them sense that they are a part of something really big and positive. I met a lot of them in the Navy (lifer's) and I also felt that way with Conway for many years. And there are some that simply posses a low tolerance to koolaid; these are the lemmings I sometimes refer to. And there are some that won't or can't admit that moving up the food chain is irresistible.

Alternative to your proposition;
Perhaps Conway could exemplify good leadership,
earn simple respect and with time,
even develop some mutual trust.
-AGAIN.

Do I need to list all of the ways Conway would save/realize money when they accomplish this elementary task?

Well, you are a hard worker. You've not missed many opportunities to tell us so. However am guessing you are referring to the tasks of terminating employees and I don't envy you there. But it does go with the territory, as do any other unpleasantries associated with your job.

Godspeed.

Yes, it does...Thanks for the thought...

BoxBoss, are you fixing the number like we do here in Dallas. When we get a pure trailer, we bring it to the dock and add 1 bill and shut the trailer. I questioned the fos, and he says we are just adding to an empty space. Sure is funny when 18plus weight trailer only has a bill added and then shutdown.

great post

What you are suggesting is that Conway needs to get rid of all the people that were once loyal and truly believed that Conway looked out for their betterment and welfare. That in exchange for risking to work for a small unproven company that touts non-union we will earn a "livable wage" and a solid retirement package. That Conway needs get rid of the people that built this company, - you know, the ones they burned and disenfranchised.

And now they can start fresh with a new batch and some older hanger ons and screw them and burn them out too. There are a lot of peeps that feel the same as you. Some of them sense that they are a part of something really big and positive. I met a lot of them in the Navy (lifer's) and I also felt that way with Conway for many years. And there are some that simply posses a low tolerance to koolaid; these are the lemmings I sometimes refer to. And there are some that won't or can't admit that moving up the food chain is irresistible.

Alternative to your proposition;
Perhaps Conway could exemplify good leadership,
earn simple respect and with time,
even develop some mutual trust.
-AGAIN.

Do I need to list all of the ways Conway would save/realize money when they accomplish this elementary task?

great reply best i have read :1036316054:

BoxBoss, are you fixing the number like we do here in Dallas. When we get a pure trailer, we bring it to the dock and add 1 bill and shut the trailer. I questioned the fos, and he says we are just adding to an empty space. Sure is funny when 18plus weight trailer only has a bill added and then shutdown.

All FACs are under a directive to bring pures to the dock to see if they can be added to, mainly to insure we are filling trailers and cutting schedules..

All FACs are under a directive to bring pures to the dock to see if they can be added to, mainly to insure we are filling trailers and cutting schedules..

I thought that was why pictures were being taken at one time and downloaded into the system so that an FOS could bring it up on super tools to see if he could add more without wasting time bringing it to the dock opening it up and trying to add more

Also, your wording indicates additional reasons for putting these pures to the dock........

Also, your wording indicates additional reasons for putting these pures to the dock........

Sorry, that's it, nothing more...I liked the picture program, but guys just stopped taking them, and then it was just check cubes and weight on manifests, and then guys basically knowing who wasn't truthful about cubes and bringing those up and filling them...

Somebody's 90B is usually another man's 50A...

Sorry, that's it, nothing more...I liked the picture program, but guys just stopped taking them, and then it was just check cubes and weight on manifests, and then guys basically knowing who wasn't truthful about cubes and bringing those up and filling them...

Somebody's 90B is usually another man's 50A...

Got it. Thank you.

Yup, it's common practice and only natural for supervisors to innocently misrepresent or fudge numbers a little bit. They want to look good to get a shot at that next promotion.
And then that next promotion..........And then they want to look good at the shareholders meeting.....

Got it. Thank you.

Yup, it's common practice and only natural for supervisors to innocently misrepresent or fudge numbers a little bit. They want to look good to get a shot at that next promotion.
And then that next promotion..........And then they want to look good at the shareholders meeting.....

I think it more likely, that they are all just trying to keep from being the next round, in the "Management Enhancement" program.......:holysheep: