XPO | The boxboss question and answer thread

I think it more likely, that they are all just trying to keep from being the next round, in the "Management Enhancement" program.......:holysheep:

This statement is much more accurate....NOBODY at the field level ever has to be worried about being mentioned at a shareholders meeting, good or bad...

speed limit

sticker in the truck says company speed limit is 65 (I don't understand this since we drive in states where the speed limit is 70 for trucks), I'm sure that is how he is able to get corp to back him.

I wonder if those with LOI's have contacted their state labor boards, they may be able to get that overturned in states with higher speed limits.
if memory serves me correct speed limit in tx. at night is 55 m.p.h. for trucks.:TR10driving03:

70?

These trucks do round 70 going down hill. That is where they are getting them. They are govern, but, going downhill we kinda hit 70 every once in awhile.
we are governed at 62 also and they check our computers when they go in at p.m. we dont get anything until you hit 75 going down hill,so best be on the brakes around 71 or so to keep from the loi.

slugs

When I got to this service center a couple years ago, I had some bad drivers...I don't have them anymore...lost them somewhere along the way..Funny thing was, when I got here, most of the good drivers had already let it be known how they felt about those others...to their face...They didn't need me...I just helped the process along...the bad drivers take care of themselves, usually in short order...The good people don't like carrying slugs...they want everyone carrying their own weight, and when they don't, they aren't shy about letting their opinions be known...
well said im one that wont put up with there sh$t we have a guy and im working on him at this moment, if he were gone tomorrow it wouldnt be soon enough!!

cube that trailer

BoxBoss, are you fixing the number like we do here in Dallas. When we get a pure trailer, we bring it to the dock and add 1 bill and shut the trailer. I questioned the fos, and he says we are just adding to an empty space. Sure is funny when 18plus weight trailer only has a bill added and then shutdown.
ive seen 18 plus trailers at 50% why not back them in we can load 26000 on them if loaded properly,cube it out!!!:1036316054:

they dont bring trailers to the dock weighing less than 16. just the heavy trailers

That's pointless, and I will say it again, just plain dumb...defeats the whole purpose of filling up all the trailers...
The way I see it is, if somebody calls me to rake me over the coals about my load average, I will simply invite them to look at all the manifests, and if they want to go pro by pro, hell, we can do that too...
Enough of the game playing, just do the damn job you are paid to do..If I found my FOS team on the FAC wasting the company's money on pointless BS, they would quickly become part of the "management enhancement" program, as folks like to call it now..too many other service centers counting on the FAC to be efficient so they can get their freight back timely...

But, when the "uppers" are only looking at "performance" numbers, when making thier decision about who stays and who goes in the next round of "management enhancement" program "adjustments", how can you fault a FAC FOS for pushing the numbers all he can?????

:holysheep:

But, when the "uppers" are only looking at "performance" numbers, when making thier decision about who stays and who goes in the next round of "management enhancement" program "adjustments", how can you fault a FAC FOS for pushing the numbers all he can?????

I am going to gamble a bit here and tell you that the FOS in question has alot better chance of making his talents available to the industry if he can't get the FAC closed on time night after night, because the complaints will come from far and wide..when 15 complain about one, you eliminate the one..
Load average is important, service a little more...If they come to him telling him his load average isn't high enough, and he explains that he thought getting freight back timely to the 15 service centers was more important, he is going to be around a long time..

Load average.....

It would make more sense to bring light passing loads up to the dock if there is a W&I person working the dock.

Turn a W&I Analyst loose on a light trailer and I would bet that there would be a few hundred extra dollars put to the bottom line off that trailer.

It would make more sense to bring light passing loads up to the dock if there is a W&I person working the dock.

Turn a W&I Analyst loose on a light trailer and I would bet that there would be a few hundred extra dollars put to the bottom line off that trailer.

I am not sure, that there are any of them left after the purge......:holysheep:

I am going to gamble a bit here and tell you that the FOS in question has alot better chance of making his talents available to the industry if he can't get the FAC closed on time night after night, because the complaints will come from far and wide..when 15 complain about one, you eliminate the one..
Load average is important, service a little more...If they come to him telling him his load average isn't high enough, and he explains that he thought getting freight back timely to the 15 service centers was more important, he is going to be around a long time..

Makes all the sense in the world but am seeing the opposite happen. - Often traveling dock workers are being kept an exorbitant amount of time to build sub service vans. The drivers pulling these vans are sleeping in their trucks so we provide the labor. The sad part is the number of ready to go pups being stripped to accomplish this task. And there have probably been other loads ready to go this whole time but somebody has to load vans.

In the mean time, back at the ranch, they wait for their freight.

Makes all the sense in the world but am seeing the opposite happen. - Often traveling dock workers are being kept an exorbitant amount of time to build sub service vans. The drivers pulling these vans are sleeping in their trucks so we provide the labor. The sad part is the number of ready to go pups being stripped to accomplish this task. And there have probably been other loads ready to go this whole time but somebody has to load vans.

I guess where you guys are you have a lot of two way and through in all directions type freight...being out here on the left, it all goes one way and perhaps because of that, we just don't see it or feel it as much...all of our vans roll east...way east...I haven't worked in your area, so it's hard for me to comment about what they are doing..

How much do they save using ***** when you add in the extra labor and damages to the equation...:butt kiss:

What Bankrupt is putting down here, happens every night where I go, and I ALSO am on the left coast. We strip every pure that comes in, to load CR England, who then hauls them the 240 miles to my sic with me following them when I am finally able to load the leftovers so I have something to take back.....OR......all the stuff is done loading in the longs, and we follow the full Englands back home with our emptys.....I am pulling more emptys home now, than fulls.......every night.....May not be happening where you are, but, I see it every day....it is stupid......

You can fix some problems with further "enhancements", but, like Ron White says....."You can't fix stupid"......

Stupid is so harsh.

How about micro cephalic?

Or maybe reason challenged?

And then there's the fav, ****ing morons!