TForce | The momentum is overwhelming for a yes vote!

There is an illusion of unionism going on on these threads. Anyone who has actually been involved with this union knows its not a brotherhood, its a business.
UPS pays the union to manage us, through our dues. We get some good perks with that, but it costs 71 bucks a month for a full-timer. I have not seen nor witnessed much of anything I would call brotherhood in my 10 years as a teamster. I've seen plenty of business transactions with grievance's and discipline hearings, but little brotherhood.
The union is a business, and I use its services when needed.(mostly I dont need the service)but i pay my dues none the less.
With that said, I will never destroy my financial future for any ideal. Especially for an ideal that is not an ideal at all but a business. And when I read and hear the words brotherhood, especially in the name of what I know is harmful to me and those I have worked with for years, I know I am about to get some B.S. smoke blown at me. Unions are in survival mode. So please spare me your brotherhood nonsense, its b.s.
I am employed to make money and take care of my family as are most of us. I am not cutting down the money tree because some strangers are pissed that the tree isn't giving them everything they feel entitled too. We all make a damn good living at ups freight. Go destroy yourself if that's what you want to do. I am having no part in your plans for destruction of this company and job. Strike? For what? Another 10 or 20 cents? Give me a break!
That is why I know this contract will pass this weekend. Because its not in the vast majorities interest to strike and most want nothing to do with it. They just want to come to work and go home. The union crusade is of no interest to them.

Last edited:
The union movement in this country is dead. Unions are just trying to survive.
There is some truth to your statement. But at the same time, as many issues as the Teamsters in the current leadership have, why take a Teamster job at the best company to work as a Teamster, if you only want to be a company man?

Let's look at it like this 10 or 12 years from now your son or daughter gets a job at UPS Freight they start him or her out at $12 an hour get a week's vacation after 3 years $200 a week for their medical that's going to be because you voted yes right now##!

If you think they are offering you and your brothers a fair contract, vote yes. If not vote no.
Don't base your vote on propaganda from the company or another employee like Reasonable.

Last edited by a moderator:
The yes vote will prevail. It always does when the choice is work or unemployment. There just aren't enough chest beaters out there.

There is some truth to your statement. But at the same time, as many issues as the Teamsters in the current leadership have, why take a Teamster job at the best company to work as a Teamster, if you only want to be a company man?
I didn't, ups bought the union to overnite.

Let's look at it like this 10 or 12 years from now your son or daughter gets a job at UPS Freight they start him or her out at $12 an hour get a week's vacation after 3 years $200 a week for their medical that's going to be because you voted yes right now##!

I would never push my children into the trucking business. They are going to college and never going to have to work in this industry. Anyhow, self driving trucks will make this job absolete in 10-20 years.

I make no bones about who I'm affiliated with and I'm guessing everybody's going to be hauling your Freight if it goes south just like all the other companies went went out of business somebody hauled it that's why they're in business

If you think they are offering you and your brothers a fair contract, vote yes. If not vote no.
Don't base your vote on propaganda from the company or another employee like Reasonable.
Or especially from so called united brothers from other company's that are hauling our freight down the road.

I make no bones about who I'm affiliated with and I'm guessing everybody's going to be hauling your Freight if it goes south just like all the other companies went went out of business somebody hauled it that's why they're in business
Yup, your already doing it......stay united brother!