XPO | Things are terrible at my barn.

80/20 BSBC plan from I can tell is actually better than the plan we currently are under(LTL side). The $.42/mile isn't the best, but its not horrible either. I can't remember what you start out at on our LTL side. I think $.48/mile. 500 mi x $0.42 is $210.00/day x 5 = $1050.00 so who knows. The ad says the $1000/$12000 is gross as well.
The 42 cents per mile is Conway truckload advertised pay per mile. They advertise here on TB. If you drive2800 miles,= 1176.00

I think that he has got to start running some logistics freight through our system. I hope he does. I hate to hear about drivers sitting idle. I hate the fact that we run purchase while our guys are sitting on a lift or in 9lives situation, at home. If we did not run purchase at my place we could probably have 80 drivers on linehaul at least.
Purchased transportation will stay with you guys, just like YRC and others. Yes it hurts having your own drivers sometimes sitting, but mostly they use it for imbalance in certain lanes to keep their own equipment from piling up say on the west coast where there is way more freight going out there, than coming back. YRC runs many emptys on the rail from there back to the Midwest.

Maybe, new week new results for our fellow drivers. Sitting DSR's everyday sucks,any loss of income affects the household. To those who can hang in and have adjusted to the "Lean Period",Great!
For those who are for various reasons unable to make it. I wish you the best of luck. I would never tell someone to stay at a job till it hurts the household. Linehaul is slow till about midweek. If it weren't for the senior guys looking out and taking a PTO here and there, we would have 3 sitting,3 nights a weeek. So I feel your pain.

Made it to FAC NRM tonight was met in the break room by one of the guys, he told me that, they had to lay off 10 dock workers. We were told there was a reduction in force needed company wide.

Made it to FAC NRM tonight was met in the break room by one of the guys, he told me that, they had to lay off 10 dock workers. We were told there was a reduction in force needed company wide.

If freight isn't going to pick up we need to do some serious lay offs. And hopefully they will hold to their word of letting dock hands go first.

Here's my take on things.Call it conspiracy or whatever.I think this slow down on freight is a planned event.Whenever security is to be tested or there is an actual possibility of security breaches.The Gooberment will slow things down.Slowing things down is a method of control.Whether or not there is a real threat or a perceived threat.Then Conway was acquired.That doesn't make things any better for the company acquired.Dont always believe the main stream news.No matter how big or small the issue is being reported.Hollywood deceptions.

Reactions: NMA
It's slow everywhere. I talk to drivers and most say they're slow. I think we're headed for a deep recession. Yrc's as slow as we have ever been including 09& 2010 when the trucking world was certain we were going under.

Here's my take on things.Call it conspiracy or whatever.I think this slow down on freight is a planned event.Whenever security is to be tested or there is an actual possibility of security breaches.The Gooberment will slow things down.Slowing things down is a method of control.Whether or not there is a real threat or a perceived threat.Then Conway was acquired.That doesn't make things any better for the company acquired.Dont always believe the main stream news.No matter how big or small the issue is being reported.Hollywood deceptions.
You may be on to something. I was standing at the checkout at the grocery store just the other day and saw the same story about this conspiracy thing in the headlines of that paper, The Globe .......

It's slow everywhere. I talk to drivers and most say they're slow. I think we're headed for a deep recession. Yrc's as slow as we have ever been including 09& 2010 when the trucking world was certain we were going under.
Well, I guess that tens of thousands of drivers are just liars then......since Obama says that the economy is really rockin' and rollin'. And he would never lie or mislead us.
:hide: