XPO | Things are terrible at my barn.

Here's my take on things.Call it conspiracy or whatever.I think this slow down on freight is a planned event.Whenever security is to be tested or there is an actual possibility of security breaches.The Gooberment will slow things down.Slowing things down is a method of control.Whether or not there is a real threat or a perceived threat.Then Conway was acquired.That doesn't make things any better for the company acquired.Dont always believe the main stream news.No matter how big or small the issue is being reported.Hollywood deceptions.
Sure would be nice if these ppl that are starting all these rumors would stop, although it does worry me some that the new owner are awful quiet. A friend of mine owns a restaurant and his biz is down almost half of what it was a couple of months ago.I think it might have alot to do with if the feds are going rise interest rates, the auto business is booming, the stock market is all over the place,about every 7 or 8 yrs the market makes a correction and its about that time its slow everywhere Don't think it would very smart move for this Brad Jacobs guy to make to many drastic changes to a company he just paid 3 billion dollars for, we still have are our customers and we have to keep doing what we do, at some point the reputation of XPO will come into play, would not be very smart to start cutting wages, vacation, benefits. Everybody just needs to chill out for a little bit, don't ya think?

It's slow everywhere. I talk to drivers and most say they're slow. I think we're headed for a deep recession. Yrc's as slow as we have ever been including 09& 2010 when the trucking world was certain we were going under.
Which reminds me, why does Holland have an ad up on an electronic billboard down the street from my barn? Isn't this time of year a weird time to advertise for LTL jobs?

I keep hearing the commercial for XPO on my xm radio.Looks like they are trying load up on owner operators and if you dont have a cdl they will train you then push a lease to own tractor on you.Doesnt sound to good for a linehaul driver.

I keep hearing the commercial for XPO on my xm radio.Looks like they are trying load up on owner operators and if you dont have a cdl they will train you then push a lease to own tractor on you.Doesnt sound to good for a linehaul driver.

Rumors flying around about XPO having a freight contract with FedEx. The thinking is that when it expires we will get a large chunk of that freight.

Rumors flying around about XPO having a freight contract with FedEx. The thinking is that when it expires we will get a large chunk of that freight.
If this is true, does anyone know when that contract is up?? So sick of sitting at home 2 to 3 days a week for the past month. Really hate this sodimiser they're using now! My grocery budget for the week has fallen down to 50 bucks a week for a family of 4, don't know how much longer I can deal with this. Don't want to leave, but if it keeps like this I'm not going to have a choice.

If this is true, does anyone know when that contract is up?? So sick of sitting at home 2 to 3 days a week for the past month. Really hate this sodimiser they're using now! My grocery budget for the week has fallen down to 50 bucks a week for a family of 4, don't know how much longer I can deal with this. Don't want to leave, but if it keeps like this I'm not going to have a choice.
Are you allowed to work the dock at an FAC that needs the help nearby? Back in the day when there wasn't enough work at our barn you could drive ( your personal vehicle , your own gas ) to a nearby FAC and work the dock until you dropped.

Is this an option for you? Or , does the increase in the amount of dockworkers squeeze out the driver that needs to work?

Are you allowed to work the dock at an FAC that needs the help nearby? Back in the day when there wasn't enough work at our barn you could drive ( your personal vehicle , your own gas ) to a nearby FAC and work the dock until you dropped.

Is this an option for you? Or , does the increase in the amount of dockworkers squeeze out the driver that needs to work?
Xmp has been sitting so many drivers as well every night, they're not allowing us to cushion down anymore or even work the dock at our own barn like they promised when there were no runs

If you're not getting the amount of hours you should be getting I believe you can apply for unemployment to boost your paycheck. Along with WIC if your children are pretty young.

Are you on call 24 hours a day? If not give them a cut off time & try to find something part time until things pick up. And like the last post said file for unemployment along with other help they have to offer. I along with many others have been in your shoes & its no picnic, I wish you the best of luck....

Xmp has been sitting so many drivers as well every night, they're not allowing us to cushion down anymore or even work the dock at our own barn like they promised when there were no runs

Cushioning was never allowed as far as I know. I went through this when I started, and they would not allow me to cushion to the FAC with a driver. Had to drive my own car to get there..Insurance reasons they said

Cushioning was never allowed as far as I know. I went through this when I started, and they would not allow me to cushion to the FAC with a driver. Had to drive my own car to get there..Insurance reasons they said
That sounds like B.S. You are on there insurance anyway. Some fool didn't know what they were talking about.

Seen two xpo logistic owner ops pulling rail containers yesterday on i20 in Texas.I haven't seem many Conway linehaul units lately.So if you're sitting at home.There is part of the reason.

Heard in March is when those contracts are up with fedex an another ltl I don't remember the name though an this new outbound model is bullshit?
!!!!

Now if you all would've been in a Union of some sort (UAW, Machinist) You all would know pretty much what direction this new company is heading with your employment.Notice I didn't mention the dreaded T word.I hope for the best for all of you.God Bless the working blue collar workers

Now if you all would've been in a Union of some sort (UAW, Machinist) You all would know pretty much what direction this new company is heading with your employment.Notice I didn't mention the dreaded T word.I hope for the best for all of you.God Bless the working blue collar workers
Upnorth , I've read that you would like the postings to focus on relevant information and topics ( as a lot of us would ) also that the threads should try to stay on topic for too many reasons to count.

Sooooo.... with that said my apologies for feeding into the vortex.

Bigtruk , we've only been associated with XPO Logistics for a matter of days. A union , any union , would have a difficult to impossible time getting information about the direction the new owners want to go in. XPO is still investigating what they purchased. At this point they are slowly starting to see how big of a mess or a prize that they have ( depending on your point of view )

As far as some union , any union inserting themselves between a driver and the company , there needs to be a bigger benefit than what is out there right now , with more transparency , and new leadership. No offense but your fellow sisters and brothers ( retired and active ) need you to help them - NOW!

The leadership of unions has done more to hurt their cause and their membership more than any non-union person ever could.

Heard in March is when those contracts are up with fedex an another ltl I don't remember the name though an this new outbound model is :horseshit:?
!!!!

March is a long time. And who knows if we will even get that freight. They bought Truckload. And then decided it was cheaper to use CRST.

If we had a union we would be making 85%. But at least we might have a sense of direction. That's a fair trade. ( sarcasm )

Holland is the only carrier here in Cowtown still hiring. Everyone else is frozen and looking at possible layoffs. If you are interested in driving equipment with 2 million miles and maxing your log I have good news. They say they will hire in at top out. Twenty dollars and change an hour. But they only work 60 hours a week in the city. So call it $21. Times 40. $840. Then 20 hours OT. $630 more. Looking at $1470 a week. Not bad, at all. Oh, but then you have to remember that you gotta pay those union dues and that you are the new guy and so the union is useless to you other than telling you to be glad you have a job and that maybe you might move up some day.

The above " information " is completely hearsay. Strictly driver to driver. Word of mouth. I have not and would not inquire about a job under the YRC umbrella.

Upnorth , I've read that you would like the postings to focus on relevant information and topics ( as a lot of us would ) also that the threads should try to stay on topic for too many reasons to count.

Sooooo.... with that said my apologies for feeding into the vortex.

Bigtruk , we've only been associated with XPO Logistics for a matter of days. A union , any union , would have a difficult to impossible time getting information about the direction the new owners want to go in. XPO is still investigating what they purchased. At this point they are slowly starting to see how big of a mess or a prize that they have ( depending on your point of view )

As far as some union , any union inserting themselves between a driver and the company , there needs to be a bigger benefit than what is out there right now , with more transparency , and new leadership. No offense but your fellow sisters and brothers ( retired and active ) need you to help them - NOW!

The leadership of unions has done more to hurt their cause and their membership more than any non-union person ever could.

So true. Why don't the union crowd invest this time into THIER union instead of OUR jobs ? It might make for a more appealing concept.

So true. Why don't the union crowd invest this time into THIER union instead of OUR jobs ? It might make for a more appealing concept.
Exactly. So tired of hearing it. On the union forums its all doom and gloom and how screwed up their company, union, and pension are. They come over on to our forum and tell us how much better it would be if we were organized. Thanks but no thanks. Our company has gotten a new lease on life and we don't need the teamsters help with anything.