XPO | Things are terrible at my barn.

If we had a union we would be making 85%. But at least we might have a sense of direction. That's a fair trade. ( sarcasm )

Holland is the only carrier here in Cowtown still hiring. Everyone else is frozen and looking at possible layoffs. If you are interested in driving equipment with 2 million miles and maxing your log I have good news. They say they will hire in at top out. Twenty dollars and change an hour. But they only work 60 hours a week in the city. So call it $21. Times 40. $840. Then 20 hours OT. $630 more. Looking at $1470 a week. Not bad, at all. Oh, but then you have to remember that you gotta pay those union dues and that you are the new guy and so the union is useless to you other than telling you to be glad you have a job and that maybe you might move up some day.

The above " information " is completely hearsay. Strictly driver to driver. Word of mouth. I have not and would not inquire about a job under the YRC umbrella.
I'm not for our against the union. But 1470 minus say $70 a month for dues is a hell of a lot less than I pay a month for medical working non Union

I'm not for our against the union. But 1470 minus say $70 a month for dues is a hell of a lot less than I pay a month for medical working non Union
You have to run open board to make larger amounts of money, but that involves working at night. I think dues are 52 or 53 dollars, the 200 per person deductible 400 per family is very nice on the insurance. That being said almost no pension really sucks, but it is a job.

Put an application in at a union carrier then. I am sure that if they are not hiring now they will be in spring.

You have to run open board to make larger amounts of money, but that involves working at night. I think dues are 52 or 53 dollars, the 200 per person deductible 400 per family is very nice on the insurance. That being said almost no pension really sucks, but it is a job.
That's great insurance. I have to laugh every time a none Union driver say's union dues are expensive then turns around and pays $200-$300 a month on insurance. I do not no what XPO insurance cost but at OD I pay around $275

That's why I mentioned the Machinist or UAW.UAW will let you all know more before the hammer drops.Its better to have some representation with guidelines than to leaving your shorts out the window and not knowing anything.I was glad somewhat that we had some guidelines to go by before our merge.Albeit not perfect by any means.machinist and UAW have completely different pensions.
Even when some of your barns wanted the Teamsters I was cringing.Because I know there are better Unions out there.Im all for you all to remain employed.Not one time have i laughed or snickered at you all for what has happened.Im just tired of our labor here in the U.S. getting the shaft.We all work hard to support our families.We should not be crapped on all the while the top executives are enjoying their windfall salaries.Same has been going on at my employer place.Once we were told the company was going to go broke.Move in a new President at 2 million a year and as of late he is at 11million plus stock options to pay his Taxes.What a crock.Aint nobody happy anywhere.

That's great insurance. I have to laugh every time a none Union driver say's is nion dues are expensive then turns around and pays $200-$300 a month on insurance. I do not no what XPO insurance cost but at OD I pay around $275
Basically the dues are 2 times your hourly wage once a month.So the higher your wage the more dues you pay.Example of this is a friend of mine is an engineer for the railroad.He makes aprox.500 dollars a day.So naturally he pays higher dues.He told me he wishes his dues were only 50.00 a month.Plus these dues are tax deductible

OTE="highspeeds, post: 990538, member: 30641"]If we had a union we would be making 85%. But at least we might have a sense of direction. That's a fair trade. ( sarcasm )

Holland is the only carrier here in Cowtown still hiring. Everyone else is frozen and looking at possible layoffs. If you are interested in driving equipment with 2 million miles and maxing your log I have good news. They say they will hire in at top out. Twenty dollars and change an hour. But they only work 60 hours a week in the city. So call it $21. Times 40. $840. Then 20 hours OT. $630 more. Looking at $1470 a week. Not bad, at all. Oh, but then you have to remember that you gotta pay those union dues and that you are the new guy and so the union is useless to you other than telling you to be glad you have a job and that maybe you might move up some day.

The above " information " is completely hearsay. Strictly driver to driver. Word of mouth. I have not and would not inquire about a job under the YRC umbrella.[/QUOTE]
I'll be honest with you.I wwouldn't want any of ya to come here to start out.Its not a good place to start anew.

bigtruk_us said:
OTE="highspeeds, post: 990538, member: 30641"]If we had a union we would be making 85%. But at least we might have a sense of direction. That's a fair trade. ( sarcasm )

The above " information " is completely hearsay. Strictly driver to driver. Word of mouth. I have not and would not inquire about a job under the YRC umbrella.
I'll be honest with you.I wwouldn't want any of ya to come here to start out.Its not a good place to start anew.[/QUOTE]
Waving a big hand at ya in Cowtown.

Seen two xpo logistic owner ops pulling rail containers yesterday on i20 in Texas.I haven't seem many Conway linehaul units lately.So if you're sitting at home.There is part of the reason.
Really? Rail containers? Like the kind they pick up at the ports? Why would freight in a container go to an FAC and then somehow find it's way on a set of pups? The rules of the forum forbid from saying what I'm really thinking about your post, so I'll end my response here.

Really? Rail containers? Like the kind they pick up at the ports? Why would freight in a container go to an FAC and then somehow find it's way on a set of pups? The rules of the forum forbid from saying what I'm really thinking about your post, so I'll end my response here.

He said owner ops were pulling them, so not pups. Also, many people have said that they have seen containers in our yards. And back in the day, at this barn, we used to break and load a few containers a day. If we are pulling containers at least we are pulling something. But if they have it contracted out, that is no good for us.

He said owner ops were pulling them, so not pups. Also, many people have said that they have seen containers in our yards. And back in the day, at this barn, we used to break and load a few containers a day. If we are pulling containers at least we are pulling something. But if they have it contracted out, that is no good for us.
You didn't understand my post, never mind.

That's why I mentioned the Machinist or UAW.UAW will let you all know more before the hammer drops.Its better to have some representation with guidelines than to leaving your shorts out the window and not knowing anything.I was glad somewhat that we had some guidelines to go by before our merge.Albeit not perfect by any means.machinist and UAW have completely different pensions.
Even when some of your barns wanted the Teamsters I was cringing.Because I know there are better Unions out there.Im all for you all to remain employed.Not one time have i laughed or snickered at you all for what has happened.Im just tired of our labor here in the U.S. getting the shaft.We all work hard to support our families.We should not be crapped on all the while the top executives are enjoying their windfall salaries.Same has been going on at my employer place.Once we were told the company was going to go broke.Move in a new President at 2 million a year and as of late he is at 11million plus stock options to pay his Taxes.What a crock.Aint nobody happy anywhere.
You want to talk politics, there is a forum for that, now go feel the Bern somewhere else.