FedEx Freight | Thoughts on the change of operations for clt & gsp,that takes place in october?

"Ran to the hall" is merely a figure of speech....and yes, Jake Brake was claiming he single handily (again, a figure of speech) stopped everything.
Are you denying that you guys weren't spreading this BS propaganda? If so, perhaps you should get more in tune with the BS your side is spewing.

What like the BS you were spreading about our insurance being on the threshold of Cadillac status? Or how "your side" said we would not get the bonus? Or new trucks? Or how we would be in Central States? Or how we would pay dues right after a yes vote?

I understand what you're saying but its not like you'll be loosing every run to CLT, maybe one or two, and the 500+ mile daytime runs you'll be getting from CLT will more than make up for the couple 90 +/- mile night time runs you lost.
We, on the other hand, will probably gain a few GSP/dock runs in exchange for our JKM runs.
Wasn't aware of the return of the daytime turns (X43, i think it was called?) to GSP. If true, there must be a following of the freight. Are you certain of that move, or speculating? What makes you think you'll loose any or all of those (cherished) runs? I'm not so sure that is part of the "inner regional hub" plan (as they're calling it). As I said before, I don't KNOW. But since you are the only one talking about this part of the equation, you must know more than the rest of the class.

What I find hilarious is the FACT that the pro-union crowd in CLT has been running around bragging and pumping their chest about how they ran down to the local and and single handily stopped any and all runs from being transferred to GSP!!
Just another lie that's soon to be exposed....this time not by the anti crowd but rather by FedEx!!
Priceless!!

The way I recall the story, Red, is the Legal Dept. shot down the original plan, long before anyone could "run to the hall" :wee:, file charges :rulz:, or anything of the sort. :argue:

But as a casual observer, I am not privy to the inside scoop. I wasn't there, so I find this all fascinating. Fascinating, Red, simply fascinating. :cool:
:smilie93c peelout:

How do you explain our supervisor telling Chigger that we would NOT be losing the JKM runs despite the rumors he himself had also been hearing to the contrary?
How do you explain what the supervisor claims to know? I personally read the email that the supervisors received...did he? Did you? The email stated NOTHING about what runs would be lost or gained, anything to the contrary is pure speculation....and that's my point!!! You guys fabricated a story about how we were going to lose runs to GSP and then fabricated another story about how ya'll single handily stopped it in an attempt to show that if they joined your crusade, the union would protect our runs!! Pure lies is my point!! NOBODY knows what runs are going to stay or go, to claim otherwise is an outright lie...and you know it!!

Wasn't aware of the return of the daytime turns (X43, i think it was called?) to GSP. If true, there must be a following of the freight. Are you certain of that move, or speculating? What makes you think you'll loose any or all of those (cherished) runs? I'm not so sure that is part of the "inner regional hub" plan (as they're calling it). As I said before, I don't KNOW. But since you are the only one talking about this part of the equation, you must know more than the rest of the class.
You would be correct, pure speculation on my part....it's just my opinion.

The way I recall the story, Red, is the Legal Dept. shot down the original plan, long before anyone could "run to the hall" :wee:, file charges :rulz:, or anything of the sort. :argue:

But as a casual observer, I am not privy to the inside scoop. I wasn't there, so I find this all fascinating. Fascinating, Red, simply fascinating. :cool:
:smilie93c peelout:
I can assure you the legal dept had nothing to do with any runs moving/not moving...everything is looked at through an operational standpoint.
Why would the legal dept need to be involved?

I can assure you the legal dept had nothing to do with any runs moving/not moving...everything is looked at through an operational standpoint.

If you don't think there is a legal part to all of this then you have fooled yourself indeed.

Simple, Red. It was a legal matter, due to the fact that CLT has voted for Teamster representation. Therefore it was deemed unwise and on shaky legal ground to run Freight around CLT. Exactly as was stated early on in this whole debate.

So you see, the fact is, the Teamsters have already "protected" your runs. Quietly and behind the scenes. :27:

This newest plan, is certainly perceived to be able to pass muster with Legal. Much different than the original plan.

What like the BS you were spreading about our insurance being on the threshold of Cadillac status? Or how "your side" said we would not get the bonus? Or new trucks? Or how we would be in Central States? Or how we would pay dues right after a yes vote?
I never "spread" anything about how our insurance was on the threshold, I stated my opinion until I my research proved otherwise. "Our side" continues to claim once negotiations start, our wages, benefits, bonuses, etc...will be frozen but NOT until then, anything else is a lie! Why do you think the raise was never announced in CLT? The company had to protect themselves just in case, by some miracle, negotiations started before Oct 1st!! Never claimed we wouldn't get new equipment, that's absurd!! Never heard the Central States argument either, we use the CSPF to show just how corrupt the IBT really is!! Dues after the vote...that's another new one on me!!
I think you guys make this ::shit:: up as you go along, one lie after another to make your case, it's all you have!!

Do we need to open the box of lies your side continues to spread?? Perhaps we'll just start a new thread with that one because most of them take on a life of their own!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Simple, Red. It was a legal matter, due to the fact that CLT has voted for Teamster representation. Therefore it was deemed unwise and on shaky legal ground to run Freight around CLT. Exactly as was stated early on in this whole debate.

So you see, the fact is, the Teamsters have already "protected" your runs. Quietly and behind the scenes. :27:

This newest plan, is certainly perceived to be able to pass muster with Legal. Much different than the original plan.
Wrong answer....our election still hasn't been certified (hence the legal challenges), therefor the company still hasn't recognized the union which gives them the right to continue operations as normal. If the company decides to move runs from an operational standpoint, there's nothing the union or the NLRB can do about it...yet!!

You guys continue to make my point...there was no earlier plan, that was just a story fabricated by the pro side.

Not sure where one would go to follow the "work". Seems to me the work will be done by drivers from the dozen or so centers who will bring frt into GSP, work dock, then return to their own domocile. Don't expect any new runs, city or road, at GSP.

Some see GSP gaining at CLT's expense, but the work will be done by higher paid drivers from other centers.

There will be lots of part time dock work from midnight-3 or 4am. That will help bottom guys with no work due to overhiring. Otherwise little or no benefit for GSP domiciled drivers. City or road.

Stay tuned
I understand all that, the stated reasoning, etc. To be clear, and clarify what I'm hearing:

GSP will loose runs (initially?). Runs that go from GSP to CLT, and return to GSP nightly, some of those being double turns. Kind of in line with the stated purpose, to ease pressure on CLT. The runs lost by GSP will be made up for by the various domiciles processing their own freight at/through GSP instead of CLT.

Down the road? Feel free to predict... I'm not going to study freight flow at my pay scale. :poke:
In regards to GSP to CLT runs and vice versa, yes, initially some runs from GSP to CLT "could" be lost while some CLT to GSP runs will be gained....it's no different than the CLT to GBO hub runs and vice versa. In these cases would drivers be allowed to follow the freight, no. Currently GSP drivers bring their freight to CLT, work the dock, and return home with their freight. After the COO, GSP drivers will still continue to repeat this process (how many remains a mystery) but now CLT drivers would drive the GSP hub freight down, work the dock, and return with CLT freight. GSP "could" actually gain even more hub turns to various other hubs in the future once things get up and running.
Perhaps this may explain the reason for "over hiring" in GSP...as you put it.

Wouldn't that be against company policy, reading an email intended for another? Unless of course it was showed to you voluntarily by one of your pals, which is probably also against policy.
Not if the recipient of the email voluntarily showed it to me....no.
Now copy and pasting the email on TruckingBoards would be against company policy.

What did they expect would happen. Normal reaction by an LTL company. Not nice but one the weapons that can be used, if anyone has been around for more than 10 years knew this was going to happen, and I am just talking about being in the industry.

Pathetic lies is all they have.