ODFL | Time for a PENSION PLAN AT OD

OD is at the top of the ltl's as far as profit and we are well compensated in return. PLEASE go back to your own board and cry to your fellow teamster brothers.....

Please leave the "OD FAMILY" thread and go back where you belong....

All forums are open to all members.When an employee of one company goes into another companys forum he is a guest and should act and be treated as a guest.No name calling and civil discussion are required.Just because a man doesn't agree with you doesn't mean he is wrong.

Any teamster want to explain what "follow the freight" means ?

Ask a fedex driver. They went through a big one last year. Realignments aren't just a union thing you know. If you guys happen to grow bigger you will see what it is.

OD is at the top of the ltl's as far as profit and we are well compensated in return. PLEASE go back to your own board and cry to your fellow teamster brothers.....

Are you a supervisor freightsup?

Slim you just seem to know everything.Well,like I told someone else you&other's love to run,run,run..But,the problem is you don't even know what you are even talking about.It is all mouth.You know the biggest reason that turn's me away from the teamster's are people like you.Got a chip on your shoulder&think you are the truck driver.Most Teamster's that I meet are the same way.Want to let everyone know that you are #1&the company you work for.I don't want to hear your story&how much better it is.I like were I'm at&the company I work for.I don't need no-one telling me who or how I need to do my job.The mid-west maybe hour's,hour's.But, on the east it is not that way now.You know after all the name bashing that you have done.You have never answer's my first ?.Are you one of those Senior guy's who get first hand&all the crumb's are left for the young guy.The funny thing is at our barn I hear every week the driver's from the union&non-union company's calling&coming by looking&asking if we are hiring. Because they are tired of the no hour's-mileage.Sitting at home waiting to be called&the main thing is they are tired of being treated has a no-body&having to put up with the crap from driver's like you.You don't need to worry about how Od run's thing's&how they treat there employee's.Because you are not employee'd there.Wonder why you have to keep on pushing the BS down our throat's.Well, I'm done now.The forum is open to everyone but that doesn't give you the right to bash someone&the company they work for.You know everyone has the right to agree/disagree & I agree with that but wnem you cross that line then I see different.
Ask a fedex driver. They went through a big one last year. Realignments aren't just a union thing you know. If you guys happen to grow bigger you will see what it is.

Slim you just seem to know everything.Well,like I told someone else you&other's love to run,run,run..But,the problem is you don't even know what you are even talking about.It is all mouth.You know the biggest reason that turn's me away from the teamster's are people like you.Got a chip on your shoulder&think you are the truck driver.Most Teamster's that I meet are the same way.Want to let everyone know that you are #1&the company you work for.I don't want to hear your story&how much better it is.I like were I'm at&the company I work for.I don't need no-one telling me who or how I need to do my job.The mid-west maybe hour's,hour's.But, on the east it is not that way now.You know after all the name bashing that you have done.You have never answer's my first ?.Are you one of those Senior guy's who get first hand&all the crumb's are left for the young guy.The funny thing is at our barn I hear every week the driver's from the union&non-union company's calling&coming by looking&asking if we are hiring. Because they are tired of the no hour's-mileage.Sitting at home waiting to be called&the main thing is they are tired of being treated has a no-body&having to put up with the crap from driver's like you.You don't need to worry about how Od run's thing's&how they treat there employee's.Because you are not employee'd there.Wonder why you have to keep on pushing the BS down our throat's.Well, I'm done now.The forum is open to everyone but that doesn't give you the right to bash someone&the company they work for.You know everyone has the right to agree/disagree & I agree with that but wnem you cross that line then I see different.

I'm #102 out of 157. You never asked me that question. #157 had a 58 hour week this week. Spread pretty even huh. Not one driver has sat home waiting for a work call in a very long time (years). Any other questions, I'm happy to oblige. Oh and as far as hours, hours, hours. Isn't there a thread on this board of drivers complaining that the new HOS will prevent them from taking a linehaul on their weekends?

You sure are concern'd about what the Od forum talk's about..Just wondering if you say you work that much how in the world do you have time to saty on here day&night..Must be working on the job.lol
I'm #102 out of 157. You never asked me that question. #157 had a 58 hour week this week. Spread pretty even huh. Not one driver has sat home waiting for a work call in a very long time (years). Any other questions, I'm happy to oblige. Oh and as far as hours, hours, hours. Isn't there a thread on this board of drivers complaining that the new HOS will prevent them from taking a linehaul on their weekends?

Amen,But you know we have some who love to cross the line.
All forums are open to all members.When an employee of one company goes into another companys forum he is a guest and should act and be treated as a guest.No name calling and civil discussion are required.Just because a man doesn't agree with you doesn't mean he is wrong.

You sure are concern'd about what the Od forum talk's about..Just wondering if you say you work that much how in the world do you have time to saty on here day&night..Must be working on the job.lol

When someone replies to a thread you have posted on, the forum sends you an email of the reply. That email goes to my smart phone. If I'm on break, waiting for a dock, etc I will reply. I start at 3am and generally work till about 3 or 4 pm. Would you like to call my boss and complain?

Sound's like you are the boss&no need for BS #..
When someone replies to a thread you have posted on, the forum sends you an email of the reply. That email goes to my smart phone. If I'm on break, waiting for a dock, etc I will reply. I start at 3am and generally work till about 3 or 4 pm. Would you like to call my boss and complain?

I know drivers that work at the local yrc holland abf and Conway yards and they are cut of between 35 and 40 hours a week no overtime allowed they've always told me it was company policy I've known these fellas along time and trust what they say

I know drivers that work at the local yrc holland abf and Conway yards and they are cut of between 35 and 40 hours a week no overtime allowed they've always told me it was company policy I've known these fellas along time and trust what they say
I work for abf we dont have a salesperson at the moment so my hours are 40-45 a week but when we had a sales person the sky was the limit. As for the yrc/ new penn drivers i speak to they are getting pounded. You have to remember that its hard for them to find drivers with the finacial problems that they are having....

Don't know about conway, but yrc, holland, and abf drivers have 40 hour guarantees. If they are working less than 40, it is by their own choice.

Why don't you answer some of the questions I asked you slim? Seems your type are real verbose until someone confronts them with a logical argument.

Why is it so hard for you to accept that there are people in the world that are happy with their place in life?

Why do you feel it's acceptable to force your views and beliefs on others?

How is that pension working out for those in the midstates?

Guardrail--Xoomin'

I don't know about DMT's area but most of the south east OD's are rockin and rollin.I wonder if this has anything to do with November ? Seems like it would be too early for that.

Why don't you answer some of the questions I asked you slim? Seems your type are real verbose until someone confronts them with a logical argument.

Why is it so hard for you to accept that there are people in the world that are happy with their place in life?

Why do you feel it's acceptable to force your views and beliefs on others?

How is that pension working out for those in the midstates?

Guardrail--Xoomin'

I'm not forcing anything on anyone. I'm only sharing what other companies have. It seems some people have bad information when it comes to the union and the companies the represent. Are they perfect? No far from it. Lots of problems with the union. Is OD perfect? Not at all. A lot of drivers I talk to in this part of the country are not happy with OD. You can't make everyone happy. I was at a stop a few weeks back where an OD driver was picking up a guaranteed shipment. He said "guaranteed to get wrecked". Both he and the customer started laughing.
My pension is fine. 3 generations of my family have/are enjoying a nice retirement. Will it be there for me? Perhaps only partially, but the fact that I don't have to contribute to the fund out of pocket, leaves me extra money for my IRA. I will be just fine but thanks for your concern.