ABF | To My ABF Brother's and Sisters

OK let's get back on track. What are some of your ideas about our up coming contract. Should we demand a separate white paper contract. Or should we hang around and join yrc in a NMFA in 2015? YOUR BROTHER ALWAYS!

IMO...we stick to the NMFA...even though we will be the only one in it till 2015...then YRC can vote on whether they want to be bound by the terms of the NMFA that we negotiated. We shouldn't just abandon the NMFA...after all...that was one of Hoffa Sr. greatest achievements created in 1964...and l believe it should remain.

After all...that's the way it would be done if there still were other union companies alive with us.

IMO...we stick to the NMFA...even though we will be the only one in it till 2015...then YRC can vote on whether they want to be bound by the terms of the NMFA that we negotiated. We shouldn't just abandon the NMFA...after all...that was one of Hoffa Sr. greatest achievements created in 1964...and l believe it should remain.

After all...that's the way it would be done if there still were other union companies alive with us.
Great point Docker. But how could that be possible if yrc doesn't snap back to the wage and benefit package we vote for? It can only be a NMFA if we are all bound by the same rules and wage and benefit packages. It can not be a NMFA in just name it has to be in it's entirety. YOUR BROTHER ALWAYS!

Great point Docker. But how could that be possible if yrc doesn't snap back to the wage and benefit package we vote for? It can only be a NMFA if we are all bound by the same rules and wage and benefit packages. It can not be a NMFA in just name it has to be in it's entirety. YOUR BROTHER ALWAYS!

I look at it this way Muler...if YRC can't get their act together by 2015...they never will! IMO...the IBT should be thinking of this as well and getting ready for when that time comes...things such as organizing.

As for the NMFA...you are right...but we can still negotiate the NMFA planning that YRC will get back into it in 2015. That way it will still be considered a NMFA...what do you think?

I posted this on another thread. But as you can see yrc is more in debt now than it has ever been. Their debt went up last year instead of going down. With the wage reductions and the benefit deferral and they still increased in debt. So how could they possibly snap back in 2015?

DATE CURRENT
ASSETS CURRENT
LIABILITIES LONG TERM
DEBT SHARES
OUTSTANDING
12/11 2.49 Bil 2.84 Bil 1.35 Bil 6.85 Mil
12/10 2.57 Bil 2.78 Bil 837.26 Mil 158,590.00
12/09 3.03 Bil 2.86 Bil 935.78 Mil 12,790.00
12/08 3.97 Bil 3.48 Bil 787.42 Mil 7,900.00
12/07 5.06 Bil 3.45 Bil 822.05 Mil 7,550.00
12/06 5.85 Bil 3.66 Bil 1.06 Bil 7,620.00
12/05 5.73 Bil 3.80 Bil 1.11 Bil 7,630.00
12/04 3.63 Bil 2.41 Bil 403.54 Mil 6,560.00
12/03 3.46 Bil 2.46 Bil 836.08 Mil 6,370.00
12/02 1.04 Bil 683.03 Mil 50.02 Mil 3,940.00

http://investing.money.msn.com/investments/financial-statements?symbol=yrcw

I posted this on another thread. But as you can see yrc is more in debt now than it has ever been. Their debt went up last year instead of going down. With the wage reductions and the benefit deferral and they still increased in debt. So how could they possibly snap back in 2015?

DATE CURRENT
ASSETS CURRENT
LIABILITIES LONG TERM
DEBT SHARES
OUTSTANDING
12/11 2.49 Bil 2.84 Bil 1.35 Bil 6.85 Mil
12/10 2.57 Bil 2.78 Bil 837.26 Mil 158,590.00
12/09 3.03 Bil 2.86 Bil 935.78 Mil 12,790.00
12/08 3.97 Bil 3.48 Bil 787.42 Mil 7,900.00
12/07 5.06 Bil 3.45 Bil 822.05 Mil 7,550.00
12/06 5.85 Bil 3.66 Bil 1.06 Bil 7,620.00
12/05 5.73 Bil 3.80 Bil 1.11 Bil 7,630.00
12/04 3.63 Bil 2.41 Bil 403.54 Mil 6,560.00
12/03 3.46 Bil 2.46 Bil 836.08 Mil 6,370.00
12/02 1.04 Bil 683.03 Mil 50.02 Mil 3,940.00

Ten Year Summary - MSN Money

Good point Muler...but we could still make it a NMFA planning on YRC even though it's unlikely that YRC will be joining...that will buy us some time for the IBT to try and organize some other companies to hopefully join.If not....then we can cross that bridge when we come to it. I would just like to keep the NMFA if at all possible as long as it's beneficial to the rank and file and the ABF Teamsters and if it's not...I'm open to anything that is.

What are some of your ideas?

Good point Muler...but we could still make it a NMFA planning on YRC even though it's unlikely that YRC will be joining...that will buy us some time for the IBT to try and organize some other companies to hopefully join.If not....then we can cross that bridge when we come to it. I would just like to keep the NMFA if at all possible as long as it's beneficial to the rank and file and the ABF Teamsters and if it's not...I'm open to anything that is.

What are some of your ideas?
I could see the future contract being called the GOLD STANDARD FREIGHT AGREEMENT! Because they did not place UPSF into the NMFA was the first sign it was going BYE BYE! There was no reason to allow the wealthiest trucking company not to be a part of the NMFA. We have articles that makes the company accountable for using outside non union drivers to move our freight but yet they did not put this in the UPSF contract. And it was not by mistake. All they had to do was issue them a copy of the NMFA with everything we have except wages and benefits and that should have been their white paper agreement. YOUR BROTHER ALWAYS!

I can't see calling it the NMFA anymore. I'm sure Jimmy the Great will present us with the new name for it when the time comes. What they did with UPSF is an abhorrition (not that they did anything less with YRC). UPSF has been eating our lunch along with the other two but now they have posted figures for that segment that reflect what they have been doing. The only saving grace we have is that the hourly rate for UPSF is accelerating and that will help level the playing field there. How long will they operate at a break even or a loss before pulling the plug? I believe we are in for a reactive approach as there is no other choice for us at this time.

I can't see calling it the NMFA anymore. I'm sure Jimmy the Great will present us with the new name for it when the time comes. What they did with UPSF is an abhorrition (not that they did anything less with YRC). UPSF has been eating our lunch along with the other two but now they have posted figures for that segment that reflect what they have been doing. The only saving grace we have is that the hourly rate for UPSF is accelerating and that will help level the playing field there. How long will they operate at a break even or a loss before pulling the plug? I believe we are in for a reactive approach as there is no other choice for us at this time.
We will be just fine. There are ways to assure we don't price ourselves out of a job and at the same time make sure we are amongst the industry leaders in both wages and benefits. It's not rocket science it just takes a little work and the BALLS to stand up for it. The big question is do we leave the yrc Teamsters behind or do we help assure their place in the pension funds? YOUR BROTHER ALWAYS!

We will be just fine. The big question is do we leave the yrc Teamsters behind or do we help assure their place in the pension funds? YOUR BROTHER ALWAYS!
Muler, how much longer can the present state of affairs continue before it starts to affect ABF? How could you
assure the YRC teamsters their place in the pension funds?

Muler, how much longer can the present state of affairs continue before it starts to affect ABF? How could you
Well joe first off we the ABF Teamsters have been making more in wages and benefits than almost all freight companies for the last several decades. yrc paying less is just one more company below our compensation package so it does not really matter. Why weren't you on here years ago preaching the down fall of yrc because of all the companies paying less than them. So you see it is still the same just one more company paying less. And as for the pension there are many different ways we the ABF Teamsters could go. We could let ABF out if they agree to protect our pensions like UPS agreed to do for their Teamsters. We could agree to a 401K instead of ABF paying into a Teamster pension fund. So as you see we the ABF teamsters have several options. But any departure from the funds will surely have a back lash on the yrc Teamsters. Because yrc does not pay enough into the funds to keep them even remotely operational. Thus more penalties and cuts would have to be made. No joe we have many options and we the ABF Teamsters will make those decisions and nobody else. YOUR TEAMSTERS PENSION PAYING BROTHER ALWAYS!

And by the way joe I am glad you are showing that you can hold a discussion. Who knows someday somebody might call you the moderators pet! lol
YOUR DEBATING BROTHER ALWAYS!

And by the way joe I am glad you are showing that you can hold a discussion. Who knows someday somebody might call you the moderators pet! lol
YOUR DEBATING BROTHER ALWAYS!

I got 5 warnings for breaking rules. Just checking Muler, why do the abf'ers of the world get a pass on rules violations? Why are personal attacks by abf's not deleted before it escalates? Thee rule of law is breaking down here. That's a no goude. A Couple thugs are running wild..nothing is done about it

OMG!!! I must be losing my mind, I actually have to agree with Joe about something. There is no way we (ABF) can keep paying into the health & welfare at 100% while the YRC companies are paying substandard wages and 25% retirement contributions. We need to take care of our own house first. As much as I hate to see YRC go the way it has we at ABF have no control of that situation and can only worry about what is going to happen with our futures. I do not want to see our defined pension go away, but I really don't see a future where YRC is able to carry their fair share. I hope I'm wrong. Only time will tell.

I got 5 warnings for breaking rules. Just checking Muler, why do the abf'ers of the world get a pass on rules violations? Why are personal attacks by abf's not deleted before it escalates? Thee rule of law is breaking down here. That's a no goude. A Couple thugs are running wild..nothing is done about it
First off you have not been personally attacked on this forum. Only when you attack are you then attacked. Just stay on the topic and post links and you will find this forum a good place for information and a sounding board for what you believe in. You have in the past been combative and that has to change for you to stay in this forum. You can have your say but it will like all the rest of us be in a civil and respectful way. Like I said your slate is cleared in this forum. Have fun and be nice! YOUR BROTHER ALWAYS!

OMG!!! I must be losing my mind, I actually have to agree with Joe about something. There is no way we (ABF) can keep paying into the health & welfare at 100% while the YRC companies are paying substandard wages and 25% retirement contributions. We need to take care of our own house first. As much as I hate to see YRC go the way it has we at ABF have no control of that situation and can only worry about what is going to happen with our futures. I do not want to see our defined pension go away, but I really don't see a future where YRC is able to carry their fair share. I hope I'm wrong. Only time will tell.
There are changes coming. But they will be the changes that we the ABF Teamster want not what the turncoat wants. After all we are the Teamsters that will be affected not him. There are ways to accomplish what we need to get done without shooting ourselves in the foot. YOUR BROTHER ALWAYS!

There are changes coming. But they will be the changes that we the ABF Teamster want not what the turncoat wants. After all we are the Teamsters that will be affected not him. There are ways to accomplish what we need to get done without shooting ourselves in the foot. YOUR BROTHER ALWAYS!
Will ABF accept being the highest cost carrier in freight? They are not a UPS or FedEx profit wise. Either YRC makes whole on pension and pay or ABF backtracks. Unlikely either happens

Will ABF accept being the highest cost carrier in freight? They are not a UPS or FedEx profit wise. Either YRC makes whole on pension and pay or ABF backtracks. Unlikely either happens

Someone will always be the highest cost carrier. ABF has been able to make a profit by being very efficient, offering services the customer wants and needs, and having the lowest claims rate in the industry year over year. I think ABF along with the help of their exceptional union work force can continue to do so.

I agree that changes are coming, but I'm afraid that some will be not what we want, but what we know we have to do. Sometimes medicine is painful in the short run to achieve a long term goal...