ABF | To My ABF Brother's and Sisters

I did not say it was a hate free zone. I just commented about how much you hate ABF and their Teamsters. It is OK I just wanted people to know.
I my self am glad you hate us. It eats at you and it helps you to get through another day.The very fact that ABF is pushing back is pleasure enough to any ABF Teamster. Because as you can see we don't let people push us around. Some people have good comments that are true and honest about this whole mess. They should be able to vent their feelings and this thread gives them that right. Hate FREE ZONE you would not be caught dead in a hate free zone!

So let's hear it joe. Do you have any B@LLS left to say how you really feel? After all here is your chance. YOUR WAITING TO HEAR BROTHER ALWAYS!
Now...as for your advice on our upcoming contract talks...do you actually think that any ABF'er would listen to what you have to say?
Why do you people feel compelled to add content that is irrelevant? I never said or implied hate in any post. Getting a little touchy, defensive?. The ABF teamsters are in a much better bargaining position then YRC teamsters were. It's good that you don't let people push you around. Yes. Keep up the good work. I rarely give advice but the only advice I could give you is to use sun screen regularly. It pays dividends over twenty years. Eat more fruit, less processed foods. Stay well for the battle ahead and let's see how it goes down.

ABF takes on the
establishment!!

Why do you people feel compelled to add content that is irrelevant? I never said or implied hate in any post. Getting a little touchy, defensive?. The ABF teamsters are in a much better bargaining position then YRC teamsters were. It's good that you don't let people push you around. Yes. Keep up the good work. I rarely give advice but the only advice I could give you is to use sun screen regularly. It pays dividends over twenty years. Eat more fruit, less processed foods. Stay well for the battle ahead and let's see how it goes down.

We will Joe...but just remember these facts about the lawsuit while you sit on the deck having coffee, reading the paper:

U.S. District Judge Susan Webber Wright in December agreed and dismissed the suit.

But the three-judge panel said Wednesday that Wright focused on the wrong thing and that the question was whether ABF had the ability to argue that its interests in the national contract were harmed.

“Whatever the merits of these points, ABF has produced sufficient facts, for standing purposes, indicating a judicially cognizable interest in the NMFA,” Judge Duane Benton, writing for the panel, said in the 17-page decision.

The panel also dismissed arguments by the Teamsters and YRC that ABF hurt itself by pulling out of the agreement and then trying to negotiate a separate deal, which Teamsters members later voted down.

The judges said that had YRC and the Teamsters not allegedly violated the NMFA, ABF wouldn’t have been forced to make those choices.

“For purposes of constitutional standing, ABF’s injuries are fairly traceable to defendants’ challenged conduct,” they wrote.

Court overturns decision denying ABF?s challenge to YRC concessions - Kansas City Business Journal

No wonder you welched on that bet of yours...you must of actually comprehended what you read in that newspaper recently.

We will Joe...but just remember these facts about the lawsuit while you sit on the deck having coffee, reading the paper:

Court overturns decision denying ABF?s challenge to YRC concessions - Kansas City Business Journal

No wonder you welched on that bet of yours...you must of actually comprehended what you read in that newspaper recently.

Court overturns decision denying ABF’s challenge to YRC concessions
only means that the court will let ABF plead its case. When the IBT lawyers show that arbitration controls are in place to hear grievances from carriers and ruled ABF was not a party to..only bound by..the court will strike down ABF again sending ABF into a tailspin. That's not to say youze guys take a hit. The probability is high you get by the contract un-scathed thanks again to the IBT. Judy has no big guns against the IBT. She can only hope for the worst Gold Standard NMFA ever :coffee1:

Court overturns decision denying ABF’s challenge to YRC concessions
only means that the court will let ABF plead its case. When the IBT lawyers show that arbitration controls are in place to hear grievances from carriers and ruled ABF was not a party to..only bound by..the court will strike down ABF again sending ABF into a tailspin. That's not to say youze guys take a hit. The probability is high you get by the contract un-scathed thanks again to the IBT. Judy has no big guns against the IBT. She can only hope for the worst Gold Standard NMFA ever :coffee1:
That's impossible to get a lesser contract than that great one that has been bestowed on the yrc Teamsters. Go ahead and ask me joe. You know you want to so go ahead. I do sort of feel sorry for you because it eats at you so bad. You speak of tailspins and lesser contracts and that is exactly what has happened to your company. And you want the shoe to drop on us so bad you oooooozzzzz of it. So just sit back and watch as it all plays out. Your empire is gone. And it was not the fault of the Teamsters that work there. No it was and is the fault of the management. We see that but you hate all ABF people and I enjoy seeing you crumble under the pressure of knowing it is over. I think yrc will make it but not like it was. YOUR BROTHER ALWAYS!

It's not a hate free zone Joey...we just wish that you would grow a pair and come out with what you really want to say instead of just beating around the bush.

By the way...how does one feel after welching on a bet?

I expect that it feels the same as it does to post lie after lie on truckingboards.com

JTP: There is only one NMFA sooner or later you will get it. ABF Agrees to Match NMFA | Teamsters for a Democratic Union The ABF me-to means we will retain a united freight contract. This outcome was never really in doubt. The International Union said all along that it would hold ABF to the NMFA—just like it did when other companies including Yellow tried to break away. Joe just like when Yellow tried, now that's funny.

Ah, I think you're missing the whole point brother trux, no one is disputing that ABF is bound to agree to the NMFA terms, no one. The argument before the court is..is ABF a party to the NMFA solely because they signed a 'me too?' Judge Susan disagreed with that assessment after hearing IBT lawyers. Unless you have a law degree it's hard to understand :coffee1:

And your law degree came from where?

Contract law, UNH..University of New Haven, West Haven Campus. No degree, just one semester nights
muttley.gif
not enough time in da day. I wanted to be an IBT lawyer
vulcan.gif

Ah, I think you're missing the whole point brother trux, no one is disputing that ABF is bound to agree to the NMFA terms, no one. The argument before the court is..is ABF a party to the NMFA solely because they signed a 'me too?' Judge Susan disagreed with that assessment after hearing IBT lawyers. Unless you have a law degree it's hard to understand :coffee1:

It doesn't bother you in the slightest to reply to this man still talking trash after you welched on a bet that he took you up on...does it? After all...It was only after your invitation that he wanted you to put your money where your mouth is and you backed out. And here you are...still replying like he would really be interested on anything that you have to say now that he knows you are just full of hot air and can't be trusted to be a man of your word.Like I said before...you have no shame...

So...according to your own statement:

You are admitting that you don't understand either... By your own admittance...you are just a wannabe and we all know about wannabes...don't we?

I have a high level of understanding contract/union law with only one semester. I defended myself many times against management looking for a teamster kill to further their advancement!! You have the makings of a prostituting attorney. But a very corrupt one at that. Forgive my spelling

I have a high level of understanding contract/union law with only one semester. I defended myself many times against management looking for a teamster kill to further their advancement!! You have the makings of a prostituting attorney. But a very corrupt one at that. Forgive my spelling

Well thank you Joe...but I think that I will just stick to trucking. You may want to ponder on this for awhile...even though we all know that you have one semester behind your belt and such a high level of understanding contract/union law...do you think that you have more knowledge,understanding and experience than the ABF lawyers that actually have a law degree in dealing with contract/union law? It's nice to come to these forums and argue different points and opinions on such matters but at the end of the day...we all have to remember that we are just in the trucking profession...which I can proudly admit.

So you see...just because you have one week in trucking school doesn't mean that you know all about the trucking business...does it?

Well thank you Joe...but I think that I will just stick to trucking. You may want to ponder on this for awhile...even though we all know that you have one semester behind your belt and such a high level of understanding contract/union law...do you think that you have more knowledge,understanding and experience than the ABF lawyers that actually have a law degree in dealing with contract/union law? It's nice to come to these forums and argue different points and opinions on such matters but at the end of the day...we all have to remember that we are just in the trucking profession...which I can proudly admit.

So you see...just because you have one week in trucking school doesn't mean that you know all about the trucking business...does it?

You posted awhile back the ABF teamsters will sue for breach of contract. Will the ABF lawyers have your back? for free? I don't think so. You can forget about the IBT lawyers helping youzs out

You posted awhile back the ABF teamsters will sue for breach of contract. Will the ABF lawyers have your back? for free? I don't think so. You can forget about the IBT lawyers helping youzs out

I don't want or expect the ABF lawyers to have my back...there for the company...not me...the company fights for what they believe is right and the ABF Teamsters fight for what they believe is right along with the IBT fighting for the best interests of the YRC and ABF Teamsters which in my opinion didn't fair to well in this whole mess.We voted no on the concessions and I will also state this again...IMO...that vote should of never even took place...Like Tyson's first lie...there was never even supposed to be a vote unless he had an overwhelming response for concession talks from the ABF Teamsters...which he never got! So you see...this ABFer has lost some faith in the IBT and only hope that they can restore that faith in the upcoming contract talks.

I would not be surprised to see the ABF Teamsters in a class action lawsuit. After all we have to protect our families. YOUR STANDING GUARD BROTHER ALWAYS!

Hey Joe anytime you want to take that bet you are so sure about let me know. Joe just a few points from the case for you since you know more than the courts. Your famous claim is that ABF is not a party to the NMFA because they withdrew from TMI. Well here is something for you to think about, TMI represented only YRC and USF Holland in the negotiations, as New Penn Motor Express also withdrew from TMI before the negotiations.

None of YRC's cases denied standing to a plaintiff that produced facts indicating it was a party to a breached contract. Here, ABF signed an agreement with the Union, which purports to make it a signatory to the NMFA. The NMFA permits employers to be added to it. The NMFA was ratified by ABF's employees as well as YRC's. ABF (as a “contract administration member”) administers the NMFA jointly with YRC (a bargaining member). Whatever the merits of these points, ABF has produced sufficient facts, for standing purposes, indicating a judicially cognizable interest in the NMFA. The district court erred in deciding the merits of ABF's rights under the NMFA, rather than whether ABF had a judicially cognizable interest in the NMFA. The district court's conclusion that ABF had absolutely no rights under the NMFA against the Union is erroneous.

Here, defendants' challenged conduct is the alleged breach of the NMFA; ABF's injury is the resulting economic harm. Neither ABF's rejection of the YRC–Union package, nor its employees' rejection of separate concessions, is a sufficient independent cause of ABF's economic harm to defeat standing. Had defendants not allegedly breached the NMFA, ABF would not have been forced to choose between options that were unattractive to its management (the YRC–Union amendments) or to its employees (the ABF-specific concessions). For purposes of constitutional standing, ABF's injuries are fairly traceable to defendants' challenged conduct. Joe go read for yourself, you seem to know more than the high court with your one semester. Here is your link ABF FREIGHT SYSTEM INC v. INTERNATIONAL BROTHERHOOD OF TEAMSTERS 373 878 YRC USF, No. 11

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is a question for you Joe since ABF withdrew from TMI and also New Penn Motor Epress ( TMI represented only YRC and USF Holland in the negotiations, as New Penn Motor Express also withdrew from TMI before the negotiations.) Here is the question is New Penn A party to the NMFA because they also withdrew from TMI before negotiations. New Penn signed a me to agreement just like ABF. If that is your reasoning than the concessions at New Penn are void because they are not part of the NMFA. I think you will make the guys at New Penn very happy. I will wait for your reply think before you speak.

Here is a question for you Joe since ABF withdrew from TMI and also New Penn Motor Epress ( TMI represented only YRC and USF Holland in the negotiations, as New Penn Motor Express also withdrew from TMI before the negotiations.) Here is the question is New Penn A party to the NMFA because they also withdrew from TMI before negotiations. New Penn signed a me to agreement just like ABF. If that is your reasoning than the concessions at New Penn are void because they are not part of the NMFA. I think you will make the guys at New Penn very happy. I will wait for your reply think before you speak.

I think you're equating being bound to the terms of the NMFA as being a party to it. That is what this whole mess is about. I'm not sure but I think New Penn lawyers were present at the TMI negotiated NMFA. It doesn't really matter since they were a part of the family. The IBT has declared the TMI negotiated NMFA ( I won't say "Gold Standard") as the primary multi-employer bargaining arm of the unionized general freight trucking industry. TMI negotiates and administers the National Master Freight Agreement on behalf of our membership.
ABF was AWOL

attempting to circumvent the NMFA​

Trucking Management, Inc.

I think you're equating being bound to the terms of the NMFA as being a party to it. That is what this whole mess is about. I'm not sure but I think New Penn lawyers were present at the TMI negotiated NMFA. It doesn't really matter since they were a part of the family. The IBT has declared the TMI negotiated NMFA ( I won't say "Gold Standard") as the primary multi-employer bargaining arm of the unionized general freight trucking industry. TMI negotiates and administers the National Master Freight Agreement on behalf of our membership.
ABF was AWOL

attempting to circumvent the NMFA​

Trucking Management, Inc.

Question: Which company is currently working under the NMFA?

Docker I guess some people see the world with rose colored glasses on, or live in their on world. New Penn or their lawyers were not there when TMI negotiated the NMFA, they signed a me to just like ABF. For the last time TMI does not matter they are a company hired to negotiate for the companies that hire them. TMI has nothing to do with the Union. TMI negotiates for the member companies that hire them with the union. I guess he didn't read what I posted in post 156.