ABF | To My ABF Brother's and Sisters

Docker I guess some people see the world with rose colored glasses on, or live in their on world. New Penn or their lawyers were not there when TMI negotiated the NMFA, they signed a me to just like ABF. For the last time TMI does not matter they are a company hired to negotiate for the companies that hire them. TMI has nothing to do with the Union. TMI negotiates for the member companies that hire them with the union. I guess he didn't read what I posted in post 156.

Trust me truxforever...he read it...he just doesn't acknowledge and even ignores posts that prove him wrong.Then after avoiding answering certain questions and ignoring the proof just rambles on about something completely irrelevant to the subject at hand...then after all that...he just runs away only to pop up at some other place and time like we all forget how he made a fool out of himself the last time before he ran away.That's just Joe...that's why he has to keep changing his username too.

If I were him...I would even be ashamed to reply to you anymore knowing how he welched on that bet you called him on.After all...we all know that he is not a man of his word now either.But we all know that's not the reason because like I have stated before...he is totally shameless.

I'm just curious as just how many ABFers there are on this forum that actually post. So...how about it ABFers...lets sound off...lol

I'm an ABFer and proud of it!!!!!

I'm not sure but I think New Penn lawyers were present at the TMI negotiated NMFA. It doesn't really matter since they were a part of the family.

Let's just take a look at this shall we...First...let me prove that New Penn was not represented in the negotiations:

*fn1 TMI represented only YRC and USF Holland in the negotiations, as New Penn Motor Express also withdrew from TMI before the negotiations.

law.com - Decision

Second...if it's like you say that it really doesn't matter since they were a part of the family...then just why was New Penn treated as a separate voting unit with the YRC Restructuring Agreement?

26. Ratification. For the purposes of ratification, YRC Inc. and USF Holland Inc. shall be treated as one voting
unit and New Penn Motor Express, Inc. shall be treated as a separate voting unit.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=did%20new%20penn%20vote%20separate%20on%20the%20yrc%20recontructuring%20&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CGAQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.teamster.org%2Fsites%2Fteamster.org%2Ffiles%2F67753YRCMOU.pdf&ei=32XCT4bPOare2AW64dB2&usg=AFQjCNEOZPoLtudr6M2cv8G9T0e7UvS-kA&cad=rja

Now...why don't you try answering truxforever's question:

Here is a question for you Joe since ABF withdrew from TMI and also New Penn Motor Epress ( TMI represented only YRC and USF Holland in the negotiations, as New Penn Motor Express also withdrew from TMI before the negotiations.) Here is the question is New Penn A party to the NMFA because they also withdrew from TMI before negotiations. New Penn signed a me to agreement just like ABF. If that is your reasoning than the concessions at New Penn are void because they are not part of the NMFA. I think you will make the guys at New Penn very happy. I will wait for your reply think before you speak.

ABF all the WAY

Thanks for replying truxforever! I know that we will have at least one more...the most outspoken one of all of us and that would be Muler...lol

And I saying this as a compliment...I'm proud to be associated with this man and you too truxforever!

Hey Docker was the great TMI memtion in this article. Redirect Notice I may have missed it. TMI is everything why weren't they negotiating for YRC at this time in history for the second Gold Standard Contract. Just because you withdrew from TMI means nothing. Docker same for me.

Thanks truxforever...you are right that just because ABF withdrew from TMI means nothing...

Just to prove it to Joe:

TMI and TNFINC negotiated the 2008-2013 NMFA without ABF's participation.*fn1 In "PARTIES TO THIS AGREEMENT," the NMFA describes "Employers Covered" to include "individual Employers who become signator to this Agreement and Supplemental Agreements as hereinafter set forth." In "SCOPE OF AGREEMENT," the NMFA says that "other individual employers which have, or may, become parties to this Agreement" constitute a "single national multi-employer collective bargaining unit." On February 10, 2008, both ABF employees and YRC employees voted to ratify the 2008-2013 NMFA, with the ballots of both groups of employees aggregated to determine ratification. (Upon ratification, the Interim Agreement between ABF and the Union terminated by its own terms, but the five side agreements survived.)

http://www.law.com/jsp/decision.jsp?id=1202499868383

The 2008 NMFA:
ARTICLE 1. PARTIES TO THE AGREEMENT
Section 1. Employers Covered
The Employer consists of Associations, members of Associations
who have given authorization to the Associations to represent them
in the negotiation and/or execution of this Agreement and
Supplemental Agreements, and individual Employers who become
signator to this Agreement and Supplemental Agreements as hereinafter
set forth. The signator Associations enter into this
Agreement and Supplemental Agreements as hereinafter set forth
The signator Associations represent that they are duly authorized to
enter into this Agreement and Supplemental Agreements on behalf
of their members under and as limited by their authorizations as
submitted prior to negotiations.

http://www.teamster.org/sites/teamster.org/files/2008-2013_NMFA.pdf

But since Joe likes to try and deceive and get the argument going the other direction all the time for an escape route...we have that covered too...that's why he won't answer your question...you had him dead to right on the New Penn issue...lol

I think you're equating being bound to the terms of the NMFA as being a party to it. That is what this whole mess is about. I'm not sure but I think New Penn lawyers were present at the TMI negotiated NMFA. It doesn't really matter since they were a part of the family. The IBT has declared the TMI negotiated NMFA ( I won't say "Gold Standard") as the primary multi-employer bargaining arm of the unionized general freight trucking industry. TMI negotiates and administers the National Master Freight Agreement on behalf of our membership.
ABF was AWOL

attempting to circumvent the NMFA​

Trucking Management, Inc.
TMI was a committee formed to negotiate the NMFA on behalf of many different trucking companies. There are only two large ones left and they are ABF and yrc. So if one is there for yrc freight, one for Holland, and one for NP why would ABF agree to be a part of that group. After all they would always over ride any ABF proposals. But we are in the NMFA because our ballots told us we were voting on the NMFA. We were told by the turncoat we were voting on the NMFA! You seem to be the only one that doesn't get it. But you will soon.

WE WIN! WE WIN! NOTHING BUT $UN$HINE!

I'm an ABFer and I post but don't waste my time with Joe the Plunger Pumper. I think he is even driving our brothers and sisters off of this forum and board.

Hey before you say anything about the five side agreement, they were only in the case Yrc went belly up. The Interim Agreement, signed on January 30, 2008, did not require ABF to re-join the multi-employer unit. The same day, ABF and the Union agreed to five side agreements, reserving specific rights to ABF if YRC closes and agreeing to reconvene.

TMI and TNFINC negotiated the 2008-2013 NMFA without ABF's participation.*fn1 In "PARTIES TO THIS AGREEMENT," the NMFA describes "Employers Covered" to include "individual Employers who become signator to this Agreement and Supplemental Agreements as hereinafter set forth." In "SCOPE OF AGREEMENT," the NMFA says that "other individual employers which have, or may, become parties to this Agreement" constitute a "single national multi-employer collective bargaining unit." On February 10, 2008, both ABF employees and YRC employees voted to ratify the 2008-2013 NMFA, with the ballots of both groups of employees aggregated to determine ratification. (Upon ratification, the Interim Agreement between ABF and the Union terminated by its own terms, but the five side agreements survived.)

I'm an ABFer and I post but don't waste my time with Joe the Plunger Pumper. I think he is even driving our brothers and sisters off of this forum and board.

Thanks for the reply ABFer and I do see your point about Joe...he is definitely a nuisance and should be ignored but I just can't bring myself to do that...especially since he's constantly degrading ABF and the ABF Teamsters every chance he gets and now even coming to our home to do so. Not on our turf...he doesn't!

ABFer you are right on. I try not to say anything to him, but to sit hear and read all the b------t begins to get to you. Everybody is entitled to speak their mind on hear but to go on & on about something you are wrong about is full of s--t. He should be saying Thank You for ABF. I wish all the teamsters at YRC the best & hope YRC makes it. Whatever the out come of this it will effect all of us in the end. All Freight Teamsters are in this together in the end.

ABF FREIGHT SYSTEM INC v. INTERNATIONAL BROTHERHOOD OF TEAMSTERS 373 878 YRC USF, No. 11
Don't get caught up in irrational exuberance because the the appeals court agreed with ABF on a few arguments and sent the case back to the lower court. Stop the victory dance..and take the dancing shoes off!! Its just a matter of interpretation. Some statements by the court seem to be ABF's version
Fact Distortion 1. In August 2007, before TMI and TNFINC began to negotiate a new NMFA, ABF withdrew its bargaining authority from TMI, and attempted to reach its own agreement with the Union.

Fact: ABF withdrew believing by doing so they would not be a signatory to the NMFA..at the same time attempting to circumvent the NMFA by seeking to dump the teamster pension fund

Fact Distortion 2.
ABF and the Union eventually adopted an “Interim Agreement,” providing that ABF would become a “party and signatory to [the] successor National Master Freight Agreement.” ABF agreed to implement the new NMFA's standards on work conditions (wages, hours, etc.). The Interim Agreement, signed on January 30, 2008, did not require ABF to re-join the multi-employer unit. The same day, ABF and the Union agreed to five side agreements, reserving specific rights to ABF if YRC closes and agreeing to reconvene.

Fact: ABF was forced to sign the 'me too' they had no choice. Tyson was ready to strike their sneaky ass.

Fact Distortation 3.
TMI and TNFINC negotiated the 2008–2013 NMFA without ABF's participation.1 In “PARTIES TO THIS AGREEMENT,” the NMFA describes “Employers Covered” to include “individual Employers who become signator to this Agreement and Supplemental Agreements as hereinafter set forth.” In “SCOPE OF AGREEMENT,” the NMFA says that “other individual employers which have, or may, become parties to this Agreement” constitute a “single national multi-employer collective bargaining unit.” On February 10, 2008, both ABF employees and YRC employees voted to ratify the 2008–2013 NMFA, with the ballots of both groups of employees aggregated to determine ratification. (Upon ratification, the Interim Agreement between ABF and the Union terminated by its own terms, but the five side agreements survived.)

Fact. This is a question of interpretation the union is disputing

ABF claims that the YRC–Union amendments violate provisions of the NMFA that: require employers to maintain work conditions—wages, hours, etc.—at the “highest standards” in effect at the time of the NMFA; and, prohibit employers from entering agreements that conflict with the NMFA. YRC, the Union, and TMI moved to dismiss for lack of subject-matter jurisdiction under Rule 12(b)(1). The Union also moved to dismiss for failure to state a claim under Rule 12(b)(6). After an evidentiary hearing, the district court ruled that ABF lacked standing to sue under the NMFA, dismissed the case for lack of subject-matter jurisdiction, while denying as moot the 12(b)(6) motion. ABF appeals.

ABF bargained with TNFINC to ditch the union pension for a sup-par company plan. Are you kidding me?

As to the Union defendants, ABF clearly has constitutional standing. In the Interim Agreement, ABF agreed to become a party to the new NMFA and implement its work conditions. In consideration, the Union agreed not to strike (or stop working) so long as ABF adheres to the Interim Agreement. In view of the course of dealing between ABF and the Union—detailed at length by the district court—the Union may have defenses to ABF's claims. However, as to the Union defendants and its bargaining representative TNFINC, ABF has rights under the NMFA sufficient to show an injury-in-fact that is fairly traceable to the challenged acts of the union defendants and is likely redressable in court.

ABF had no choice but to agree. ABF became a signatory to the NMFA not a party to. ABF blinked..Tyson stared them down.

ABF's attempt to end 30,000 YRC jobs will "fail"

:popcorn:

ABF FREIGHT SYSTEM INC v. INTERNATIONAL BROTHERHOOD OF TEAMSTERS 373 878 YRC USF, No. 11
Don't get caught up in irrational exuberance because the the appeals court agreed with ABF on a few arguments and sent the case back to the lower court. Stop the victory dance..and take the dancing shoes off!! Its just a matter of interpretation. Some statements by the court seem to be ABF's version

Fact: ABF withdrew believing by doing so they would not be a signatory to the NMFA..at the same time attempting to circumvent the NMFA by seeking to dump the teamster pension fund

Fact Distortion 2.

Fact: ABF was forced to sign the 'me too' they had no choice. Tyson was ready to strike their sneaky ass.

Fact Distortation 3.

Fact. This is a question of interpretation the union is disputing

[/I][/B]

ABF bargained with TNFINC to ditch the union pension for a sup-par company plan. Are you kidding me?

ABF had no choice but to agree. ABF became a signatory to the NMFA not a party to. ABF blinked..Tyson stared them down.

ABF's attempt to end 30,000 YRC jobs will "fail"

:popcorn:

Then why did you welch on your bet Joey? LOL

What it really comes down to is that you are nothing but hot air...you can't be taken seriously now after you welched on a bet. You are just a low life troll...lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Then why did you welch on your bet Joey? LOL

What it really comes down to is that you are nothing but hot air...you can't be taken seriously now after you welched on a bet. You are just a low life troll...lol

The bet is still on. It'll take time to raise the $10,000. I'll have to sell off a gold bar..but gold is down. I'm good for it. You have my word I won't renege on the bet. If I have to I'll FedEx the bar to Jeff for collateral?

okay boob?​

The bet is still on. It'll take time to raise the $10,000. I'll have to sell off a gold bar..but gold is down. I'm good for it. You have my word I won't renege on the bet. If I have to I'll FedEx the bar to Jeff for collateral?

okay boob?​

Your word...that's laughable...you made the offer...either send the money now by getting a loan till you sell off that gold bar or live with being called a welcher because your word isn't worth a dime here!

Two things about the bet. 1. Online gambling is unlawful, 2. I'm a $10 dollar better. I trust Jeff but..

Now Joey...take your pick...which post is the lie?

OK let's get back on track. What are some of your ideas about our up coming contract. Should we demand a separate white paper contract. Or should we hang around and join yrc in a NMFA in 2015? YOUR BROTHER ALWAYS!