Yellow | Truckingboards Exclusive 2009 COO INFO

First, Thanks Jeff. Also thank you to the Mods. You ALL do an excellent job of controlling the boards. Merry Christmas to ALL.:smilies-19296:

Second, Good luck to everyone that ends up losing their job over this merger. I can only recommend that you keep your status with the union as "ACTIVE".

Try to enjoy your family and friends while you are off. Get your batteries recharged with some rest and relaxation. Hopefully we can get this company turned around, which will get all of you back to work. I know that I personally, will be doing my part to help dig us out of this mess.

I know that many of us have "open wounds" because of things that have happened to us in the past, but I think its time to push the "reset" button. Start the year with a new attitude. Look around you, and see how much worse things could really get.

I don't mean to sound like a cheerleader, but I have spent a lot of time thinking about my own future and my unemployed brothers future. We can continue to allow (and assist) in this companies failure or we can start doing the right thing, every time that we have a choice. Helping grow the business will eventually bring our Brothers back to work.

This crushes me to see people lose their jobs. It changes their whole lifestyle. In most cases the employee and their family, do not deserve what unemployment brings.

I'm praying that we can turn this company around, and soon.
God Bless all of you.
Merry Christmas
NF

Thanks Jeff & K.K.
WOW! I keep telling myself that there are only 900 or so losing their jobs instead of the 3000 or so I kept hearing about. Still, It's sad to see this and hard to accept.
I'm sure there is going to be a lot of bad feelings about this. Teamsters who know they are out of a job or have to pick up and move again. My barn (And Yellows) are losing a combined 18 Members. What do we say to them? How do we help them?
There is nothing good about all this.

This is confusing, Indianapolis yellow is losing local drivers and local dock but gaining break dock, does that mean we can't follow our driving jobs lost to bloomington and kokomo because overall we gain? If thats the case many won't transfer because my drive to blomington IN is no farther than Indianapolis but for some one else they wouldn't move to "WHERE?" Indiana!!! Thanks for giving us the facts so we can face them, good or bad they are reality. Last change (july) they had follow your work first then open bid for all remaining positions, that was by far more than fair. Hope our leaders get us that again.

Eastern Region

Thanks Jeff & K.K.
WOW! I keep telling myself that there are only 900 or so losing their jobs instead of the 3000 or so I kept hearing about. Still, It's sad to see this and hard to accept.
I'm sure there is going to be a lot of bad feelings about this. Teamsters who know they are out of a job or have to pick up and move again. My barn (And Yellows) are losing a combined 18 Members. What do we say to them? How do we help them?
There is nothing good about all this.

I think the 3k number was for the whole change this 929 number is for this part of it.

This will be an unsettling time for many. For those positive of the loss of their job and those of us left in limbo, my best wishes on your future.

Please remember how blessed we are to be home, to be able to share our time with and show our love to our families. Please remember to take time and bless the Lord for what he bestows on us. Remember though he does not guarantee us a wonderful life, he will always be with us through its trials. As we have in the past, we will survive this.

God bless You and Yours. Have a Merry Xmas and a safe New Year.
Vwaggs

This is confusing, Indianapolis yellow is losing local drivers and local dock but gaining break dock, does that mean we can't follow our driving jobs lost to bloomington and kokomo because overall we gain? If thats the case many won't transfer because my drive to blomington IN is no farther than Indianapolis but for some one else they wouldn't move to "WHERE?" Indiana!!! Thanks for giving us the facts so we can face them, good or bad they are reality. Last change (july) they had follow your work first then open bid for all remaining positions, that was by far more than fair. Hope our leaders get us that again.

All the locals involved will be having meetings to explain and answer any questions

Last week I was thinking about how screwed up everything is, and it is. But then I read an article about a 15 year old girl with stage 4 lung cancer and realized things could be so much worse. Merry Christmas and good luck to all.

I think that if they say a Yellow term. has 20 employees and will gain 2 more,that only means that the former Yellow term.( after the change, YRC.) will have 22 dovetailed
Former Rdwy./Yellow workers.

Things might look bleak but other trucking firms will be firing and hiring them back as new employees during 2009 to get the $3,000 per employee credit the new tax laws have in effect. Some employees fired on Dec 31, 2008 and rehired as new permanent employees on Jan 2, 2009 makes them eligible for the new credit in effect for 2009. They may not admit this but I'm sure they are aware of the new tax credit that is out there for 2009.

Linda

Things might look bleak but other trucking firms will be firing and hiring them back as new employees during 2009 to get the $3,000 per employee credit the new tax laws have in effect. Some employees fired on Dec 31, 2008 and rehired as new permanent employees on Jan 2, 2009 makes them eligible for the new credit in effect for 2009. They may not admit this but I'm sure they are aware of the new tax credit that is out there for 2009.

Linda

Oh good, I knew there was a bright spot in this somewhere for somebody! Not to mention another good opportunity for the North to move South, oh well it was fun while it lasted. Think I'll find me a shiny wheel job, maybe I can make close to same wage driving 75mph for 40cpm as opposed to 62mph at 50cpm :hysterical::1036316054::TR10driving03:

Jeff,
THANKS FOR THE FACTS.
Everyone is dealing with this in their own way, so I appreciate you putting this out here for all of us.It isnt pleasant but is reality! I wisheveryone the best.
Thank you,
Chuckwagon@AQE

Not to mention another good opportunity for the North to move South

If you're coming from the South to the Great North, be sure to purchase a roof rake, large snow shovels, Thermal clothes and a 4wh. drive vehicle w/ plow. We'll welcome you with open arms. Always have, Always will.

I noticed that the charts seem to be grouped by area. In NE, they have Worcester, Boston, Providence, North Reading and Brockton all together.

Does this mean something?

whoever made this list will still have a job, maybe i can knock on his door and ask him i need a job of making up these coo's, i know how to make tables and use colors and change fonts and such, he can do the hard part in ruining many families lives by making their fathers freight gypsies

Southern to the core!

If you're coming from the South to the Great North, be sure to purchase a roof rake, large snow shovels, Thermal clothes and a 4wh. drive vehicle w/ plow. We'll welcome you with open arms. Always have, Always will.

This was my attitude about 4 coo's ago. You'll have to forgive me if I have a bad taste in my mouth from every time I move up 2 positions on the board I move back 15 with the next coo. I know I know...Seniority Rules! Still doesnt make the pill go down any easier. Then everybody's so amazed that people with 18 yrs are getting laid off, well duhhhhh when 25+yrs men come with every coo you kinda shove the bottom guys out and also never hire to the bottom. Just the way it is I know, still dont like it. I for one would not move across the freakin street for this company. So I guess I'll have to take a snow check on the great north, thanks anyway.:1036316054: