Yellow | Truckingboards Exclusive 2009 COO INFO

WOW...THATS ALL I CAN SAY...MOVED MY WIFE & KIDS TO VA IN THE LAST COO...WIFE LEFT A 9 YEAR JOB TO MOVE...PULLED KIDS OUT OF SCHOOL...LESS THEN 6 MOS LATER THEY CLOSE RAPHINE VA...WOW...NOW WHAT:::furious:::::ranting2:

I sure do feel bad for you guys! I can't understand these companies, they just closed the Northlima Oh. barn a couple of years ago and now they are brining it back . I wonder if there going to add it to the big Holland barn they just built. WTF are these companies thinking having guys relocate then two years later reopen the terminal? Well good luck to everybody and have a safe and happy holiday, Merry Christmas

I'm sorry but I'm the wife of a laid off driver at Indy Yellow....trying to decipher all this. He took an OTR job to try to get thru until the merger to see if he will survive it. So I have to call him to give him this news. But what's a 'Transfer Dock'? If he is a city driver....what classification is he actually under on this very confusing document? Thanks for your patience & help...this has been a very difficult time...no jobs out there & he hates the OTR thing.

These #'s will probably change, it's confusing however it looks to me like the Local dock, switcher, transfer dock( breakbulk ), and p&d will gain a total of 13 spots. If I am looking at this correctly then after the merge at IND they will need 13 additional bid spots to fill. I don't know if that is helpful and I hope I'm looking at it correctly. These 13 spots would be filled by the master pool bidding from all losing locations. This info only involves the local cartage, if he is a city driver he should fall in this classifacation. The road, mechanic #'s are not in my figuring. I'll be praying for you.

Your are right TEAMCUJO, it is confusing. I bet you would have to be in the company to understand all of it. However, what I read, One master senority list will be put in place, with everybody to dovetail. Then in a city somewhere where two terminals are , say 50 men. The terminal staying open will only need 45 men, Then five will lose out and be able to move if they want or are allowed. It will not be just rdy or yell men losing out . it is somewhat fare. In these times any job loss is bad, to move with it is evan worse. I have been through this. But not at Christmas. God bless you all. The amazing part if I read it right, only and I do not mean to demean this, But only 900 plus men will lose their jobs or have to transfer. It sounds better than all of the rumers about 20 to25 percent job loss. Lets pray this all works.

Your are right TEAMCUJO, it is confusing. I bet you would have to be in the company to understand all of it. However, what I read, One master senority list will be put in place, with everybody to dovetail. Then in a city somewhere where two terminals are , say 50 men. The terminal staying open will only need 45 men, Then five will lose out and be able to move if they want or are allowed. It will not be just rdy or yell men losing out . it is somewhat fare. In these times any job loss is bad, to move with it is evan worse. I have been through this. But not at Christmas. God bless you all. The amazing part if I read it right, only and I do not mean to demean this, But only 900 plus men will lose their jobs or have to transfer. It sounds better than all of the rumers about 20 to25 percent job loss. Lets pray this all works.
You were close there will be no place to transfer for 900, (net loss) Many more will have to transfer to keep working. Fell asleep at the computer last night so a belated thank you Jeff. :1036316054:

Guys:

There is a lot to go over...many questions....your Local should be meeting in the next few weeks to address any concerns you may have with YRC managment....then they will all meet in Dallas, TX on 1/26/09....and the COO goes into affect (as of now) on March 1, 2009....until then...NO ONE has your answers....just read it all and make notes concerning certain pages.....Merry Christmas.....KK

-98 at Roadway KC.........I really thought we would be the BB and Yellow would be the city operation. Our location to the rail and location within the city I thought it was a no brainer. Shows what I know!

Sorry to see this is happening to you guys, too. YRC has gutted USF like this over the last couple years, and there doesn't seem to be any end in sight. At least you some of you guys will get to keep you seniority. Our transfers came as "voluntarily"; go to the bottom of the board in new terminal without the right to return, pay for your own moving expenses.

Thanks KK and Jeff. 22 years in and 13 mos. to retire. Looks like its forced retirement
for me. Merry Christmas to all and CARRY ON.

The one BIG question I have is on page 16 'summary of labor impacts' is show minus 340 Utility drivers ? What's up with that ? Where do those people go ? Unless I missing a page no where does it say anything else about utility driver ! Maybe someone with better eye site can find it for me Thanks

The one BIG question I have is on page 16 'summary of labor impacts' is show minus 340 Utility drivers ? What's up with that ? Where do those people go ? Unless I missing a page no where does it say anything else about utility driver ! Maybe someone with better eye site can find it for me Thanks

Yeah, I thought there would be something in the body about it. They bid intra terminal for those slots from the road, you would think they could go back to the road (if that work is going back into the road at the losing ue barn). This may not be the whole thing, I'm sure it will be raised in Dallas.

Don't blame you

WOW...THATS ALL I CAN SAY...MOVED MY WIFE & KIDS TO VA IN THE LAST COO...WIFE LEFT A 9 YEAR JOB TO MOVE...PULLED KIDS OUT OF SCHOOL...LESS THEN 6 MOS LATER THEY CLOSE RAPHINE VA...WOW...NOW WHAT:::furious:::::ranting2:

Don't blame you at all for being angry.

Seems we are now paying for their lack of vision, in that, we are undoing most of what was done in the last year or so?????

Sometimes the most direct route isn't the best route.....in the last year or so the company has gotten the work rule changes they wanted and eliminated classification workers (ie. dockworkers). So to us it looks like we're going backwards, but the company has gained what they wanted by taking the long road.......and we'll never get back what we lost....