XPO | Union Debate and News

I will tell you right here and now, Mr. White Shirt. That little attitude of yours is exactly why unions exist. Let me take a guess. You worked at CF. right? Why would most management "dislike" their jobs? Educate our future members. Would it be because their unbridled power would cease to exist? Would it be because they would no longer be able to bully, intimidate, provoke, terminate, discriminate, anyone they they so choose? Would it be because they would no longer be able to manage any way they see fit in order to make some regional director happy? Would it be because there are rules to follow, and reprecussions if not? Or would it be just simple ego, getting in the way of common sense? You know what I'M talking about. A business agent jumping on your dock in the middle of the night, and putting a supervisor in his place for disrespecting a member. And to quote you. "I have seen it and you won't like it". So that attitude cuts both ways. TE out....

Another issue I have is the union thinks their interest are more important than the companys. Union company cannot make operational changes effectivally to counteract a ever changing competitive landscape. Dissagree with me if you wish thats your right. Its me belief that if YRC was able to make changes and cuts without having to wait for Union approval they would be in a better possition than they are now. My opionion matters just as much as the DSRs in this fight. I wil not stand in their way but I am entitled to give my opinion to anyone that is willing to listen.

Oh and BTW i still get an anuall statement for my Union pension from UPS.

Another issue I have is the union thinks their interest are more important than the companys. Union company cannot make operational changes effectivally to counteract a ever changing competitive landscape. Dissagree with me if you wish thats your right. Its me belief that if YRC was able to make changes and cuts without having to wait for Union approval they would be in a better possition than they are now. My opionion matters just as much as the DSRs in this fight. I wil not stand in their way but I am entitled to give my opinion to anyone that is willing to listen.

Another typical, know everything, know nothing, management answer. Y rc didn't make the changes because of Zollars. He wanted to run Yellow and Roadway separate. You can listen to any of the quarterly conference calls from the time. He wanted to operate and market both brands separate and that is what he did. And sure you can have an opinion in this matter, but your opinion don't matter unless you would like to sign a card as well.

How did buying CFI decimate our road board? They don't haul any more freight than other sub service carriers. At one point they tried to make them our largest carrier but changed their mind later when it became apparent it wasn't in the best interest of the company(Con-way INC.) overall.

Disregard teamster elvis. He bounces around the trucking boards slamming anyone not following union gospel. He needs banned in my opinion. He is just out to make personal attacks. Not to trade facts or opinions. I have more respect for beerfd than him.

Another typical, know everything, know nothing, management answer. Y rc didn't make the changes because of Zollars. He wanted to run Yellow and Roadway separate. You can listen to any of the quarterly conference calls from the time. He wanted to operate and market both brands separate and that is what he did. And sure you can have an opinion in this matter, but your opinion don't matter unless you would like to sign a card as well. to wait for Union approval they would be in a better possition than they are now. My opionion matters just as much as the DSRs in this fight. I wil not stand in their way but I am entitled to give my opinion to anyone that is willing to listen.

Another typical, know everything, know nothing, management answer. Y rc didn't make the changes because of Zollars. He wanted to run Yellow and Roadway separate. You can listen to any of the quarterly conference calls from the time. He wanted to operate and market both brands separate and that is what he did. And sure you can have an opinion in this matter, but your opinion don't matter unless you would like to sign a card as well.[/QUOTE]

You do not need to sign a card to have an opinion. You do not need to sign a card to matter. You are rediculous.

Every employee has a voice and they are all worth equal weight. This is what I have said all along. The people that are for this have the wrong intentions.

You are not better than anyone. Card signed or not. You are not better than anyone.

why do the people that are for this have the wrong intentions, because they don't match with yours? keep preaching about how anyone who is pro union is wrong, or misguided and doing it for the "wrong intentions". we will see in the long run.....

Another typical, know everything, know nothing, management answer. Y rc didn't make the changes because of Zollars. He wanted to run Yellow and Roadway separate. You can listen to any of the quarterly conference calls from the time. He wanted to operate and market both brands separate and that is what he did. And sure you can have an opinion in this matter, but your opinion don't matter unless you would like to sign a card as well.

You do not need to sign a card to have an opinion. You do not need to sign a card to matter. You are rediculous.[/QUOTE]
He is in management. His opinion on the union issue does not matter. It is not up to him. It is up to the revenue producers not the revenue eaters. Of course he may sign a card if he wants to. Supervisors have organized in the past.

You do not need to sign a card to have an opinion. You do not need to sign a card to matter. You are rediculous.
He is in management. His opinion on the union issue does not matter. It is not up to him. It is up to the revenue producers not the revenue eaters. Of course he may sign a card if he wants to. Supervisors have organized in the past.[/QUOTE]

Way to talk out both sides of your mouth.

why do the people that are for this have the wrong intentions, because they don't match with yours? keep preaching about how anyone who is pro union is wrong, or misguided and doing it for the "wrong intentions". we will see in the long run.....

It isn't about me. Not even close. I read over and over from the pro union crowd how they know best. That the union is the only way. It isn't the only way. And I don't trust you. Let alone to make my decisions for me.

He is in management. His opinion on the union issue does not matter. It is not up to him. It is up to the revenue producers not the revenue eaters. Of course he may sign a card if he wants to. Supervisors have organized in the past.

Way to talk out both sides of your mouth.[/QUOTE]
White Shirt is not a driver. The drivers are trying to organize. His opinion doesn't matter in regards to the drivers organizing. If the supervisors want to organize, then his opinion will matter. Maybe I can get some crayons and draw a picture for you, so you understand.

Way to talk out both sides of your mouth.
White Shirt is not a driver. The drivers are trying to organize. His opinion doesn't matter in regards to the drivers organizing. If the supervisors want to organize, then his opinion will matter. Maybe I can get some crayons and draw a picture for you, so you understand.[/QUOTE]

Everyones opinion matters. DSR, DWS, CSR, Mechanics, and management. It won't be a smooth transition and the company will fight it with everything they have possibly making everyones job suck or even go away. A change of operation could happen anywhere. No Service center must be there, anything can be moved or re routed. There used to be a little service center in British Columbia called XVC. It is all cartage now. Look it up. I can't say what will happen but every Con-way employee will be affected not just the drivers like you believe.

White Shirt is not a driver. The drivers are trying to organize. His opinion doesn't matter in regards to the drivers organizing. If the supervisors want to organize, then his opinion will matter. Maybe I can get some crayons and draw a picture for you, so you understand.

Everyones opinion matters. DSR, DWS, CSR, Mechanics, and management. It won't be a smooth transition and the company will fight it with everything they have possibly making everyones job suck or even go away. A change of operation could happen anywhere. No Service center must be there, anything can be moved or re routed. There used to be a little service center in British Columbia called XVC. It is all cartage now. Look it up. I can't say what will happen but every Con-way employee will be affected not just the drivers like you believe.[/QUOTE]
At your conway lobotomy, they obviously programmed you with the textbook company scare tactics. Let me guess, if the drivers vote union, that means they automatically go on strike and won't be able to feed their families.

Everyones opinion matters. DSR, DWS, CSR, Mechanics, and management. It won't be a smooth transition and the company will fight it with everything they have possibly making everyones job suck or even go away. A change of operation could happen anywhere. No Service center must be there, anything can be moved or re routed. There used to be a little service center in British Columbia called XVC. It is all cartage now. Look it up. I can't say what will happen but every Con-way employee will be affected not just the drivers like you believe.
At your conway lobotomy, they obviously programmed you with the textbook company scare tactics. Let me guess, if the drivers vote union, that means they automatically go on strike and won't be able to feed their families.[/QUOTE]

I'm only giving my opinions. And no a strike won't happen. The employees would give in before they could afford to go on strike. If what i say is only scare tactics prove me wrong. I can't say what the company would do I only speculate. They may give you a $5 an hour raise and free medical and 56 sick days for all I know.

UPS actually. There are too many rules to follow. Nothing worse than a hub employee filing a grievance against a driver for helping load a trailer. What ever happened to working together? Also hub employees filing grievences against management for working along side them when union members call in sick. Thats just some of my issues. I don't have a superiority complex and prefer to work with my employees not against them to get the job done.

Every bargaining unit member has their job,....Not to be done by other classifications or management,...It really isn't that hard to follow

Every bargaining unit member has their job,....Not to be done by other classifications or management,...It really isn't that hard to follow

But shouldn't they all work together to get the job done? or am I supposed to tell a customer I can't help them because its not my job? Teamwork is what will make a company the best.

also how does a company make money when a driver is on the clock standing there watching other people load his trailers? It only make sense for everyone to pitch in. Maybe that's why so many Union companies have gone out of business.

also how does a company make money when a driver is on the clock standing there watching other people load his trailers? It only make sense for everyone to pitch in. Maybe that's why so many Union companies have gone out of business.
so are you saying if those sub-service drivers would help us instead of waiting for us to load there trailers conway would make more money?seeins how you went to conways brainwashing school, i understand the fact that you were programed to believe that the union puts companys out of business not poor mgt.

UPS actually. There are too many rules to follow. Nothing worse than a hub employee filing a grievance against a driver for helping load a trailer. What ever happened to working together? Also hub employees filing grievences against management for working along side them when union members call in sick. Thats just some of my issues. I don't have a superiority complex and prefer to work with my employees not against them to get the job done.
see i told you YOU WOULDN'T LIKE THE U,can't follow rules and you call yourself a supervisor

Anyone ever wonder why YRC has 32000 employees and Con-way has 20,500 and moves more freight? Maybe thats why they lose money? just wondering
i don't know where you're at but over here yrc,ups,fedx,R&L get vans full of frt,cnwy gets 1 plt,or i loose bx,it's friggin embarassing,one of our former"go to stops"fills 3 ups frts a day,we get a couple"time sensitive plts",in these times nobody cares if it's a 1/2 day later

But shouldn't they all work together to get the job done? or am I supposed to tell a customer I can't help them because its not my job? Teamwork is what will make a company the best.

devil's advocate mode: No they aren't supposed to work together. The company needs to either hire more union workers under that classification or pay the others' overtime. By having classification A do classification B work, the management will always utilize the cheaper option.

Just one of the many inefficiencies present in an union environment.