TForce | Union Drive In Texas?

pgh1994 said:
Hardway,

If your really interested in the Union, come talk to the road drivers in the break room around 7:00pm or 8:00pm. We're all getting together and signing APWA Card's inspite of the teamsters. But if you're not interested that's ok too. To each is own and no hard feeling!
If your signing cards for the APWA already, This tells me that you have not researched who they are and who backs them up and how they can afford to give you the benefits that they claim to give. You may regret this at a later time. Why not atleast wait to see whats in the master contract from Indy. It won't be long and you have nothing to lose.

BusterNite said:
If your signing cards for the APWA already, This tells me that you have not researched who they are and who backs them up and how they can afford to give you the benefits that they claim to give. You may regret this at a later time. Why not atleast wait to see whats in the master contract from Indy. It won't be long and you have nothing to lose.

Busternite,

All BS aside. I just can't see UPS negotiating with Nev. and Indy.
I know hillbilly will try F with my rep. but I'm serious. I just can't see it.

pgh1994 said:
Busternite,

Well, There is only one way to know for sure, And this is to wait and see what the final out come and how smooth it all works out at the Indy location. I Believe that this strong Master contract and how it unfolds at Indy is going to either make it or break it so to speak for the employee's at Upsf.

pgh1994 said:
Busternite,

Let me see if I understand, UPS wont negotiate with NV and IN at the same time. So you plan on signing cards with APWA(The "P" stand for parcel) so you can wait till after Indy get's there's done? Or is it you figure this APWA that was started by a couple of Union desserters who has retained a union busting law firm will get UPS to the table now? Well for your sake, I hope they have plenty of vacation time left to negotiate.
Good luck on that buddy:bye1:

krash said:
Let me see if I understand, UPS wont negotiate with NV and IN at the same time. So you plan on signing cards with APWA(The "P" stand for parcel) so you can wait till after Indy get's there's done? Or is it you figure this APWA that was started by a couple of Union desserters who has retained a union busting law firm will get UPS to the table now? Well for your sake, I hope they have plenty of vacation time left to negotiate.

Thanks for you input, it was well taken. and if you work for UPS you need to worry about your own contract! I'd hate to start pulling your freight:ohmy:

krash said:
These employee's that were not happy with teamster representation formed this APWA as an alternitive, Even though they have done that, are they still represented by the teamster's union?

pgh1994 said:
Thanks for you input, it was well taken. and if you work for UPS you need to worry about your own contract! I'd hate to start pulling your freight:ohmy:
Sounds like you'll fit in quite well with APWA.

whats with you people we in Reno have a contract and will continue to have a contract, UPS does negiotate with us, you seem to forget that Overnite is gone and has nothing to say about anything, get a grip....join up or shut up

webidiot said:
whats with you people we in Reno have a contract and will continue to have a contract, UPS does negiotate with us, you seem to forget that Overnite is gone and has nothing to say about anything, get a grip....join up or shut up

UPSF has a contract in Reno, NV.??? I'd like to see a copy.

pgh1994 said:
The man works in Reno you think he would know better than you But judging from your post your you probabley know more than him

Open your mind read the article Kennesaw Kid posted Quit being so negative this could be a good thing give it a chance .

pgh1994 said:

The Motor Cargo terminal does.

Why do you want to see a copy? So you can pick it apart? If your against representation, why would you care to see a copy?

This may sound kind of silly but does anyone know if the UPSF terminals are going to be covered under the Nation Master Freight Agreement or are they going to be covered under the National United Parcel Agreement?

Traveler said:
This may sound kind of silly but does anyone know if the UPSF terminals are going to be covered under the Nation Master Freight Agreement or are they going to be covered under the National United Parcel Agreement?

If its not apart of UPS parcel agreement vote no...

Traveler said:
Traveler,
It looks as if they are going to get a Contract that is custom designed to their operation....not the NMFA or the UPS Contract. At least that's what the general thought is now. Maybe something with some of each in it.

greezy trucker said:
Open mouth and insert foot..... Think he is just trying to get you all excited....Must be helpful in sleeping or something???????

"A closed mouth gathers no foot"

upsf is not a parcel company, skeeter, why is it so important to you to not have something based on the freight agreement??? just so you can vote no??

Traveler said:
Thanks for the info I have been wondering about this. It makes it kind of hard to weight the pros and cons. This will help.
The plan is......
The Contract will be negotiated and ratified for the Indy terminal. Then all of the other terminals will see exactly what they'll be getting. Then they'll have a chance to sign cards and join or not. Once the process at Indy is done, and it's slated to begin sometime in September, will be a much simpler decision for all the rest of the terminals.