TForce | Union Drive In Texas?

jeff_spicoli said:
upsf is not a parcel company, skeeter, why is it so important to you to not have something based on the freight agreement??? just so you can vote no??

BINGO! My old buddy Skeeter is still waiting for UPS do do the right thing at UPSF so that there's no need for the Union. What's the cutoff point now Skeeter?

Skeeter, I'm just razzing you a little, but you know that it's not a realistic goal to get the Parcel Agreement.

Skeeter said:
If its not apart of UPS parcel agreement vote no...
Skeeter I told you before be careful waht you wish for.
Overnite/UPSF is only 15,000 voices strong.
UPS is 200,000 voices strong.
They have a 13 1/2 to 1 majority over UPSF.

If UPS wants to give you $10.00 an hour in the next contract they can offer thier voting part-timers a $2 an hour increase and have the contract ratified with flying colors leaving you guys with $10.00 an hour.

It is in your best interest to have your own contract period.

I've seen it happen first hand at Bunlz/Ziff Paper here on the east coast. Drivers used to out number warehouse men. Then the warehousemen out numbreed the drivers the company pulled a fast one and the drivers had their wages frozen for four years becuase the warehousemen ratified the contract.

You are outnumber in the parcel agreement.

Be careful what you wish for.

T251

T251,
I had the same thing happen to me in 1981....we had 18 drivers and 55 or 60 in the warehouse. We were maiking 21.5 cents per mile and got paid for all pickups, deliveries, fueling, being gone overnight......whatever we honestly spent time doing in their employ. A new guy took over the transportation and they took away all the extra pay and gave us 1/2 cent per mile and called it LUCSAW....loading, unloading, counting, spotting and weighing.....they offered the warehouse .50-.50-.50 over 3 years......we lost all of the extra pay for a measly 1/2 cent per mile. I quit about 3 months later....the more we worked the more we got screwed. Take notice Skeeter.

concerned citizen said:
Mossbackman,
What they are doing is not only a violation of the Fair Play agreement, here in Indiana it is against labor laws. Local 135 has a pamphlet titled: 35 Things Your Employer Cannot Do explaining this under Indiana labor laws. You or someone there should contact the local union hall and let them know what is going on so they can contact Ken Hall, who will in turn contact UPS and get this stopped. Or if you'd like private message me so I can get some specific terminal information and I will pass it on to the proper people for you. The important thing is not to let them intimidate anyone. They tried that here in Indy, but we just kept reporting it and in the end it helped us more than anything. Every time management tried to intimidate us, more people signed cards. We are now certified and we ended up with 80% of our people signed, so use their tactics to your advantage. Keep me posted here and let me know if there is anything I can do to help.

This is happening all over, in our terminal we were told in a letter I assume all of UPSF employee's had been read , that the card check agreement was over because INDY is union . This comment is in violation of the fairplay agreement.

For all that think we should get in the parcel contract.

Wouldn't we be subjected to dove tail into the parcel drivers?

If we were intitled to receive their wages,and benefites why would we remain just freight?

Drivers that drive the package cars with class (A) licenses would be coming to take our freight duties,if they had more senority than freight .

We inturn would have to go over to the package jobs.

I'm sorry this isn't going to work for me.

If I wanted to be a package hauler,I'd of gone to UPS years ago.

If I could have put up with the large volume of packages they are delivering,I'd of been long retired by now.

So whoever wants a contract for all of us UPS Freight,dock,and special service drivers.

Please,please for us older folks go for a freight agreement.
Thanks in advance.

Teamster251 said:
Skeeter I told you before be careful waht you wish for.
Overnite/UPSF is only 15,000 voices strong.
UPS is 200,000 voices strong.
They have a 13 1/2 to 1 majority over UPSF.

If UPS wants to give you $10.00 an hour in the next contract they can offer thier voting part-timers a $2 an hour increase and have the contract ratified with flying colors leaving you guys with $10.00 an hour.

It is in your best interest to have your own contract period.

I've seen it happen first hand at Bunlz/Ziff Paper here on the east coast. Drivers used to out number warehouse men. Then the warehousemen out numbreed the drivers the company pulled a fast one and the drivers had their wages frozen for four years becuase the warehousemen ratified the contract.

You are outnumber in the parcel agreement.

Be careful what you wish for.

T251

Well, You guys are the ones telling us the union is so great. We just know our UPS buddies will stick by us. Remember there is strength in numbers.

stldude44 said:
BINGO! My old buddy Skeeter is still waiting for UPS do do the right thing at UPSF so that there's no need for the Union. What's the cutoff point now Skeeter?

Skeeter, I'm just razzing you a little, but you know that it's not a realistic goal to get the Parcel Agreement.

Of course I realize that. But not to be tied to their contract. They go out we go out you know like the LTL master freight.

Skeeter said:
I hate to ask but what is that suppose to mean Mr. Einstein.
I think he's talking about the local package delivery guys in the summer....you know, they have the doors open for air.

stldude44 said:
I think he's talking about the local package delivery guys in the summer....you know, they have the doors open for air.

No, I need the doors shut and the windows rolled up with the air conditioner on. LOL!

Let me see now,is their any more reasons for use to join..

the Teamsters other than better wages,benefits,overtime after 8 hour per day?

What have left out?

When I was a union brother it was a lot harder to keep my TM,and the company higher up's happy with my job performance,than the more worker friendly presence at Overnite/UPS Freight.

Like I've posted many times.
Peace of mind is far more important to me than all the items you Teamster are the best for you.

Now I know you Teamster posters may think I'm a few wrenches shy of a full tool box.
But we all have different values.

Apostolic said:
the Teamsters other than better wages,benefits,overtime after 8 hour per day? What have left out?
Apo, You've mentioned only the things that affect a city driver or a dockhand. The road has much more to talk about in regards to what they need to add, from what we've all seen posted here. Being a Teamster doesn't automatically mean that there's a hatred between you and your supervisors. Times have changed and for the most part there's alot less grief between the Labor and the Mgmt. Sure, issues come up, but usually they're handled with alot less animosity than 20 years ago, from both sides.

Well heres what I'm thinking about this.

If you hire on with a Teamster company,they've been organized for a very many years.
Everything is written in stone they know how to treat their workers per the National Master freight agreement.
Now heres my concern,yes UPS is already union,but they deal with the parcel agreement.
For them to go from parcel to a freight agreement,there maybe a lot of pushing,and shoving,of non-workable ideas before everything levels out.

The transistion could be a real nightmare,for sometime.

And all of use UPS Freight workers may not know if we'er coming,or going?
Out the door.
Thats what I'm talking about.

I for one don't want to play football with us UPS Freight workers being the pigskin thats going to be kicked around the field before someone scores a touchdown.

Apo,
Just relax and be a little more patient. This deal is being handled by seasoned veterans of negotiations. Sure, there may be some growing pains and adjustments, but I really doubt it'll be as bad as some would have you think. Time goes by pretty quick, it seems, and maybe before we all know it this will become routine. Try to see the bright side.

Apostolic said:
Wouldn't we be subjected to dove tail into the parcel drivers?

If we were intitled to receive their wages,and benefites why would we remain just freight?

Drivers that drive the package cars with class (A) licenses would be coming to take our freight duties,if they had more senority than freight .

We inturn would have to go over to the package jobs.

I'm sorry this isn't going to work for me.

If I wanted to be a package hauler,I'd of gone to UPS years ago.

If I could have put up with the large volume of packages they are delivering,I'd of been long retired by now.

So whoever wants a contract for all of us UPS Freight,dock,and special service drivers.

Please,please for us older folks go for a freight agreement.
Thanks in advance.

You can't be dovetailed, you are a SEPERATE Company.

The CBA covers a company not a corporation.

Skeeter you are a freight company seperate from a parcel company. legally you can not be bound by another companies legal and binding agreement.

You would have to become UPS before you could become part of the UPS agreement.

You are UPS Freight (sm) that "service mark" is there for a reason. Most of them legal ones.

This purely speculation but I would be really surprised if they came back with a contract that was based on the Parcel agreement. It seems to me it would almost have to be something based on the NMFA.

Skeeter ... just kidding, it would look more realistic if you just took the doors off. I am just bideing some time here until the real action starts. However with the abundance of wisedom and experience we find here from our fellow posters, I am flattered that you would compare me to Einstein. I think you really know what is going to happen and want what the pro people are trying to do. Like the old saying goes "you dont have to be Einstein to figure that one out".

Hi Wassesname are you retired?I'm on vacation this week.

I just received a load of hay for my wifes horses.
I'm relazing after stacking it in our barns hay loft.

I'm going into my 44th year as a P&D driver.

Except for the early years of my carrer,before skids,and shrink wrap was invented.

Its a lot easier working ,than taking time off to catch up with the work around my small farm.

As long as God keeps blessing me with the great health I have,and I can keep up with UPS's requirements.
Or I just get sick of the freight hauling game,
I'm going to keep on trucking.

Wow that hay delivery was wicked,I'm glad we only have to get 400 bails once a year.

I tell my wife it would be cheaper to use her pets for target practise,she doesn't agree.

I guess the women like horses,men like horse power.