XPO | Union Rep in parking lot

TE="Songremainsthesame, post: 979383, member: 30985"]I appreciate your candor and desire to keep this non-personal. I don't know what area you are in, but where I am we choose between 5-6 days work. I work 6 some weeks and take a little more than 34 off (I have worked my schedule around to be due up Sunday morning which gives leeway to when I start up again, usually Sunday after church) and then like this week, I worked 5 and am taking Friday and Saturday off. No company is perfect, and no terminal is perfect. All I am saying is for my working dollar, I haven't found a better place to be. I see a lot of other terminals in my travels, and most seem to operate in a way that gives the driver the power to choose their course. Work hard or work soft, or somewhere in the middle.[/QUOTE]
That's good ,Song remains the same. I know that MRT thinks they can do as they wish and time off policies do not apply to them according to a couple of friends that I have that run out of there. I think that their terminal Mgr Is the cause of that. One of my friends specifically ask about time off policies, after working 5 days and was told that it didn't apply to MRT.

say bye bye to the good old boys. Unionizing Xpo doesn't have anything to do with Central States. Now unless some of you are stupid enough to propose to be in Central States that could be negotiated for you. Just stay where you are. Im sure XPO is going to hold true to there promises. I surely don't want my dues money being used to organize a bunch of people that bad mouth us, flip us the finger and try to run us over.

say bye bye to the good old boys. Unionizing Xpo doesn't have anything to do with Central States. Now unless some of you are stupid enough to propose to be in Central States that could be negotiated for you. Just stay where you are. Im sure XPO is going to hold true to there promises. I surely don't want my dues money being used to organize a bunch of people that bad mouth us, flip us the finger and try to run us over.
That's unfortunate that any other driver did any of these childish things to you.

But even if they did it to you everyday , all day , it could never come close to the damage done by the leadership of the unions - even if YOU are doing fine and have no decrease in pay and retirement , your fellow brother in the union cannot say the same...

I am going to make a few comments about your company song remains the same, First, I am not getting into the union/ non union back and forth. Your company requires drivers that are Xtra board in this area to qork six days before getting 34 off. They go through people on the dock like McDonald's goes through a pack of buns. Just saying that all is not the greatest that some would have us believe. Nothingppersonal towards you. Just getting this out there.

It's still trucking. You didn't think it would be a fairy tail with daisies and rainbows for everyone, did you ?

Just my opinion - For years we've been told that unions set the benchmark as to how much pay and benefits are available in many lines of work ( manufacturing , and driving to name a few ) Now , in the LTL industry most of the non-union jobs pay better and have equal or better benefits , equal or better equipment , and a decent environment to work in. Unions paved the way for this in most regards.

Even with the CSPF being on the ropes and other retirement funds being fine , these funds are "on the clock" due to the new law , Multiemployer Pension Reform Act of 2014. This gives companies and the federal government an out when it comes to fulfilling their obligations to these pension funds. While other funds may not be in trouble , it should bother each and every union member that your leadership in the union and elected politicians ( Republican Majority Congress and Democratic President ) has let you down. It's not the fault of the working man driving a truck just like you for another company.

Shouldn't the union fix it's own problems before trying to "help" the non-union companies? How about transparency and accountability at the top?
Couldn't have said it better. Since Hoffa and his conservative old guard buddies have been back in office it has been down hill for all divisions of the IBT. Until all members get out and vote these guys out. Stop bitchin bout the problems we have in drivers room and stick up for one another when management tries to single one out. Maybe we will get better contracts same best in trucking healthcare. Hell if we just get our 15% back we will be #2 behind uspf in pay rates. Then we could give the nons especially con/xpo and fedex reasons why they should have the teamsters in their house. Until that happens why join I for damn sure wouldn't. Just my 2 lil cents.

With an eye to the future, what will make stock more valuable? Increasing employee compensation? Taking from the employee bucket and moving it to the company bucket increases stock value. This so-called driver shortage isn't moving my driver pay up much more than usual annual raises do. The union votes are failing because they have nothing attractive to offer at the moment. I predict that xpo will cut compensation and increase pressure on drivers to perform higher and other companies will do likewise. Eventually enough drivers will tire of it and when it gets bad enough the union will get voted in, but not in time to save cspf.

Yes, that's a lot of supposition, but if I'm right wouldn't it be better to get union now rather than have everyone in all freight companies suffer through years of decreasing wages and poor working conditions? My problem with it is a complete lack of trust in IBT leadership. Can't there be a better option? It's not a perfect world so I guess I'll have to take the bad with the good and get some protection from bonus greedy TMs. As always open to better options
There is another option regarding unions. Don't join the Teamsters, join a different union, is that possible?

Who is going to stick up for you when your 401 tanks or the politicians decide to tax it out of existence, or YOUR financial advisor makes off with your money.
Who? Nobody. Just like the Union and Central States ****** us.......nobody is sticking up for us in that case either. The working stiffs in this country are getting screwed by those wearing suits and ties.....Union or non-Union.

At this point, the 401k screwing is just the "potential" of getting screwed, where the pension screwing is "fact", since it's already under way.

I am going to make a few comments about your company song remains the same, First, I am not getting into the union/ non union back and forth. Your company requires drivers that are Xtra board in this area to qork six days before getting 34 off. They go through people on the dock like McDonald's goes through a pack of buns. Just saying that all is not the greatest that some would have us believe. Nothingppersonal towards you. Just getting this out there.
I will say this. At least some of the employees at Old Dominion are happy, and they aren't afraid to admit it. Sure not all of them, but at least some are happy. So how many positive comments do you ever read at the Union operations?................................ZERO! Never, it's nothing but whining, pissing and moaning on a daily basis.
So I guess that Old Dominion is doing something right.......and their numbers prove it.

I surely don't want my dues money being used to organize a bunch of people that bad mouth us, flip us the finger and try to run us over.
I call :horseshit:.

Most people will talk crap on here, but while in the trucks, have the utmost respect for each other and the mission that every driver should have for each other while out on the road.

And for those who harbor so much hate that they would do what you said above, they aren't part of the truck driving "fraternity", they're part of a small group of assholes.

That's good ,Song remains the same. I know that MRT thinks they can do as they wish and time off policies do not apply to them according to a couple of friends that I have that run out of there. I think that their terminal Mgr Is the cause of that. One of my friends specifically ask about time off policies, after working 5 days and was told that it didn't apply to MRT.

That's a shame because the policy technically reads for extraboard 6 on, 2 off. MRT has enough drivers that if they raised a stink about it the Thomasville office would have to listen to them.

Never had any of that happen to me from a conway driver. Ive bs'd with plenty of them at customers docks. The ones who dont talk to you are Averitt drivers ( I think they actually might be cloned), and OD drivers who arent allowed to talk to union drivers. I've actually talked to a few OD guys but they were older worn down drivers and they check their back to make sure nobody sees them.

Never had any of that happen to me from a conway driver. Ive bs'd with plenty of them at customers docks. The ones who dont talk to you are Averitt drivers ( I think they actually might be cloned), and OD drivers who arent allowed to talk to union drivers. I've actually talked to a few OD guys but they were older worn down drivers and they check their back to make sure nobody sees them.

OD drivers are actually told not to talk to union drivers? I can't imagine some of the incidents that have happened but to actually be told not to talk to them and having the possibility of getting into trouble over it..

I've never acknowledged a wall between the union and non-union drivers. I guess that I don't get caught up in that kind of crap, since all of us are just trying to make a good living for our families. And since I've always been exposed to both sides, and coached each other's kids and had good relationships with employees from both sides, I guess that I just don't play along with the divisive b.s. that some spew. From what I've gathered, both non-union and union people all have the same goals in life, and put their jeans on each day the same way.......one leg at a time. But to each their own, I guess.

Would love to get the Mob back. Those loans made the funds money. When the Mafia was around the unions were strong and the neighborhoods safe.
No I got it perfectly the first time. He got his, his fund is in great shape so screw the rest of y'all. I don't care how many of you went to DC, the union stole the pension money, doesn't represent you now and had left a majority of its members, some of which are currently retired, for dead. And you are paying for the experience (dues). If you want to talk shared sacrifice and brotherhood I think they should tie all the funds together. Hey, you're a brotherhood, why not? Then see if the whole thing sinks or swims.
Your getting in over your head, the funds are basically controlled by the Government! They have been locked in to crappy investments by the Feds... Before you start being cute maybe you should do some reading and educate yourself a little better on the subject!! Granted someone dropped the ball big time, but the biggest blame is banks and Wall Street and our wonderful govt.