FedEx Freight | Union....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds like unionbustingfest.
I cant believe the guys go for it. This is BUSINESS. Your job. Not some kind of hippie group hug counseling crap.

PUT YOUR DESIRES IN CONTRACT NEGOTIATIONS IN WRITING. Theyre picking your brain to keep it the same way that brought you petitioning. THEM in total control. This aint goin nowhere.....Theyre uniinbusters are psychoanalizing you. Dont be dumb and play their game.

One must also consider how long it takes to make changes, Rome wasn't built in a day....but it did burn in a day.
No changes at my center, that would be considered an ULP I guess.....but at LOU for instance, the employees ask for a voice so the company has instilled focus groups with the drivers. I've been told that these focus groups meet and discuss their concerns among themselves with two/four drivers leading the discussions, one/two pro company, one/two pro union....and interesting enough, both sides expressed concerns on a lot of the same issues. These concerns are then presented to management.
I've also been told that the company is in the process of creating two positions, (one road, one city) in the state of Kentucky. These positions will be used to represent each group respectively on a state level. The guys will travel to the four various centers in Ky speaking with the respective drivers, also allowing them to voice their concerns. The guys will then report the concerns of the drivers on a state level back to management.
Will these things change anything in 6 months, who knows, only time will tell...but it's a start.

I say "I've been told" because I'm not domiciled in Ky but this info came from a reliable source.

I cant believe the guys go for it. This is BUSINESS. Your job. Not some kind of hippie group hug counseling crap.

PUT YOUR DESIRES IN CONTRACT NEGOTIATIONS IN WRITING. Theyre picking your brain to keep it the same way that brought you petitioning. THEM in total control. This aint goin nowhere.....Theyre uniinbusters are psychoanalizing you. Dont be dumb and play their game.
Looks like delay tactics and a way for the company to get an eyeball on the so called troublemakers

Looks like delay tactics and a way for the company to get an eyeball on the so called troublemakers
News flash: the company already knows who the "troublemakers" are and it's against the law for the company to retaliate against those persons....even FedEx isn't dumb enough to do that!

One must also consider how long it takes to make changes, Rome wasn't built in a day....but it did burn in a day.
No changes at my center, that would be considered an ULP I guess.....but at LOU for instance, the employees ask for a voice so the company has instilled focus groups with the drivers. I've been told that these focus groups meet and discuss their concerns among themselves with two/four drivers leading the discussions, one/two pro company, one/two pro union....and interesting enough, both sides expressed concerns on a lot of the same issues. These concerns are then presented to management.
I've also been told that the company is in the process of creating two positions, (one road, one city) in the state of Kentucky. These positions will be used to represent each group respectively on a state level. The guys will travel to the four various centers in Ky speaking with the respective drivers, also allowing them to voice their concerns. The guys will then report the concerns of the drivers on a state level back to management.
Will these things change anything in 6 months, who knows, only time will tell...but it's a start.

I say "I've been told" because I'm not domiciled in Ky but this info came from a reliable source.
Will they report to Harrison or their local management Racer?

Why don't ya tell all the participants "If you don't like it at Fedex ya can quit."?

Because your boys are staging it thats why.
Too find out who ya might need to fire or watch to keep the union out.
Or to find out in more detail how to go about it.

Oppression is the concept.

Petition and get a contract guys.
They werent trustable before and they're even less trustable now.
You're dealing with pros.
Quit participating and start calling the organizers before ya end up fired.

Companies are very patient.
They shouldnt have delayed.
When they signed the cards they shouldve followed thru.
Theyre not "safe" till the yes vote wins...imo.

News flash: the company already knows who the "troublemakers" are and it's against the law for the company to retaliate against those persons....even FedEx isn't dumb enough to do that!

You guys are really reaching...grasping at straws I guess!!!
LOU didn't pull their petition, they had an election.
The result was a landslide 2 to 1 NO vote!!!
They ask for a voice, now they're being provided with one!

[QUOTE="Redracer3136, post: 891908, member: 5976" but if you know how to work the system, which most road drivers do, you can get paid for this free time as well at a rate of $25.08 per hour at my center....
That would be stealing time and if caught you could lose your job[/QUOTE]
AGAIN, IT'S NOT STEALING TIME FROM THE COMPANY, the time is already built in...it's already there if you know how to use it!
They can't fire you for something that they provide!!!

This could keep going for quite some time. 3voted yes. And the company knows it. The little meetimgs with "voice" arent happening in LOU only. And a voice wouldve been a contract. This is more games.They want a voice to see who needs watching and if needed to hear how to put who against who.
Should've followed thru..UOTE="Redracer3136, post: 892300, member: 5976"]You guys are really reaching...grasping at straws I guess!!!
LOU didn't pull their petition, they had an election.
The result was a landslide 2 to 1 NO vote!!!
They ask for a voice, now they're being provided with one![/QUOTE]

That would be stealing time and if caught you could lose your job
AGAIN, IT'S NOT STEALING TIME FROM THE COMPANY, the time is already built in...it's already there if you know how to use it!
They can't fire you for something that they provide!!![/QUOTE]
yes it is if you are getting paid for something you are not doing it is stealingtime, just like when the company steals time from you.

That is promising, Red. Thanks for sharing with the class! My only comment would be, I hope that the 2 positions (1 road/1 city) for the state level, would be "selected by the drivers" rather than management, since we seek to provide drivers with a new voice, rather than management.

Again, thanks for the update.

I think the prounion guys are walking on thin ice with that KY deal.
Better get a contract.
Dont sound trustable to me.
Games instead of the real deal
Play by only their rules you're bound to get burnt.

I can't understand why you would think this is such a bad thing. Thoughout this whole campaign pro-union guys have been complaining about a voice and the company not listening to the drivers issues. Than when they try to do that, it is called a game. What do you want them to do just ignore it and still not get the union in?

I can't understand why you would think this is such a bad thing. Thoughout this whole campaign pro-union guys have been complaining about a voice and the company not listening to the drivers issues. Than when they try to do that, it is called a game. What do you want them to do just ignore it and still not get the union in?

Yes but the only thing they have changed is their stupid policies. They could have gave us something to look forward to financially and the union thing would probably disappear.

Yes but the only thing they have changed is their stupid policies. They could have gave us something to look forward to financially and the union thing would probably disappear.
No it wouldn't, you'd just find something else to complain about!
The whole union mess started with the points system....the company changed it.
Then it was the BS policies...the company changed them.
Then it was wages....the company gave us a raise.
Now it's insurance and pensions....
You guys are NEVER happy, most think you just want something to complain about!

Hell, if you were to get a contract, you'd probably complain about that too!!!!

No it wouldn't, you'd just find something else to complain about!
The whole union mess started with the points system....the company changed it.
Then it was the BS policies...the company changed them.
Then it was wages....the company gave us a raise.
Now it's insurance and pensions....
You guys are NEVER happy, most think you just want something to complain about!

Hell, if you were to get a contract, you'd probably complain about that too!!!!

Lol so whats the reason Mr know it all? That raise didn't even put us in the top 5 of ltl's pretty sad when were the number one LTL. I laugh every time someone mentions our retirment and health insurance yet you think its the best thing ever. You must have been on welfare before you came here.

That is promising, Red. Thanks for sharing with the class! My only comment would be, I hope that the 2 positions (1 road/1 city) for the state level, would be "selected by the drivers" rather than management, since we seek to provide drivers with a new voice, rather than management.

Again, thanks for the update.
Will they report to Harrison or their local management Racer?
To those who are interested....

The focus groups that have started in LOU operate as such...there are 3 groups made up of 4 drivers each to represent the am road, pm road, and the city. These groups include city/road drivers with pro/anti union views that were selected by management from a list of drivers who volunteered to participate in the groups. These group members will remain in the group for 3 months (quarterly), then they'll be swapped out with new members from the volunteer list. Groups are made up of a two road drivers (1 for, 1 against) and 2 city (1 for, 1 against) where applicable. These groups talk to the drivers at their center then meet on the 1st and 3rd Tues of each month to discuss the concerns of all the drivers, then they'll try to come up with solutions among themselves to offer to their local management on behalf of all the drivers.
As for the Road/City Driver Representatives for the state of KY, they'll be chosen from a list of drivers in LOU who have shown interest in these positions by management AND the drivers to represent the respective drivers in their state. These two representatives will be chosen from LOU because it's the hub for KY. They will operate in the same manner as the focus groups, but on a state level, and will report concerns & solutions to HRO.

Last edited:
Lol so whats the reason Mr know it all? That raise didn't even put us in the top 5 of ltl's pretty sad when were the number one LTL. I laugh every time someone mentions our retirment and health insurance yet you think its the best thing ever. You must have been on welfare before you came here.
I never claimed it was the best ever, I SAID is our insurance the best, no, is it the worst, not by a long shot.

I never claimed it was the best ever, I SAID is our insurance the best, no, is it the worst, not by a long shot.
We have a driver at our center who's wife works at local hospital he said our insurance is by far better than what they offer at the hospital. Wow go figure fedex offers better health insurance than the hospital.

We have a driver at our center who's wife works at local hospital he said our insurance is by far better than what they offer at the hospital. Wow go figure fedex offers better health insurance than the hospital.

Lol I don't believe it our state employees have better insurance than us.

To those who are interested....

The focus groups that have started in LOU operate as such...there are 3 groups made up of 4 drivers each to represent the am road, pm road, and the city. These groups include city/road drivers with pro/anti union views that were selected by management from a list of drivers who volunteered to participate in the groups. These group members will remain in the group for 3 months (quarterly), then they'll be swapped out with new members from the volunteer list. Groups are made up of a two road drivers (1 for, 1 against) and 2 city (1 for, 1 against) where applicable. These groups talk to the drivers at their center then meet on the 1st and 3rd Tues of each month to discuss the concerns of all the drivers, then they'll try to come up with solutions among themselves to offer to their local management on behalf of all the drivers.
As for the Road/City Driver Representatives for the state of KY, they'll be chosen from a list of drivers in LOU who have shown interest in these positions by management AND the drivers to represent the respective drivers in their state. These two representatives will be chosen from LOU because it's the hub for KY. They will operate in the same manner as the focus groups, but on a state level, and will report concerns & solutions to HRO.
I feel this would be a good turning point for the company. Getting employees envolved in some of the decision making process, that always is a good thing getting feed back from folks on the fron lines. The only thing about it is the centers that voted yes will not be able to participate due to the fact may be considered a ULP.

Status
Not open for further replies.