FedEx Freight | Union....

Status
Not open for further replies.
So in West Virginia the state runs the hospital.

Huh where did i say that? I said state employees have better insurance than us. I know several people who work at hospitals around here also there insurance is pretty much free along with any procedure they have at said hospital

Huh where did i say that? I said state employees have better insurance than us. I know several people who work at hospitals around here also there insurance is pretty much free along with any procedure they have at said hospital
Lol I don't believe it our state employees have better insurance than us.
Here you go I was talking about hospital employees not state you said state employees now if you would like to make stae wages you might get state insurance. Been there done that great bennies but you don't make squat.

No it wouldn't, you'd just find something else to complain about!
The whole union mess started with the points system....the company changed it.
Then it was the BS policies...the company changed them.
Then it was wages....the company gave us a raise.
Now it's insurance and pensions....
You guys are NEVER happy, most think you just want something to complain about!

Hell, if you were to get a contract, you'd probably complain about that too!!!!
Actually... The point system was the straw that broke the camel's back, for many. In truth, many were aware of the declining wage and benefits when factoring in inflation, combined with "some" heavy handed management tactics at "some centers". Many of these tactics were thought by most to be local issues that could be handled through HR. Over time, via information available, it became clear that what was thought to be localized issues, were, in fact, wide spread... And spreading fast.

Only after research and finding the actual facts, did many realize how for we had fallen from our previous Top Shelf position. Further research showed that Union representation is not such a bad thing, as we were led to believe. Remember, many including myself were staunchly anti-union FOR THIS COMPANY. It was never needed, and no one wanted it. Something changed. People started asking questions, finding facts and seeking SOLUTIONS. As it became clear that options were very limited, to gain a voice in the relationship. Phone calls were made. Help was requested by concerned drivers. Drivers who love this company, many who still do, wanting to make it better. Better for themselves and their families. The Teamsters offered to help (ONLY BY REQUEST), with the service they provide. The fee for that service seemed quite reasonable, and with very little alternative solution, the movement started, despite the fear that many had.

The Company reacted, sending representatives form Labor Relations Institute, Inc., a third-party anti-union company, to educate us on the worst case scenario of representation. Fear was instilled in some. Some were unfazed. Some were unsure what to think.

The Company also sent their best and brightest, from Corporate, to find out what the issues were. In many cases these are the good guys, who still care about employee relations. Assurances were given that issues would be addressed, if given a chance. Corrections would be made, they just needed some time. Key figures were also terminated or resigned, during this period.

Enough minds were changed... some yes votes were achieved, some no votes. There are 3 left who still have not voted. The vast majority of petitioning centers chose to pull the election, thus giving the Company a chance. The Company asked for a chance, the petitioning centers gave them a chance. Countless other centers are watching as closely as those who pulled. People inside and outside the Company are watching.

THAT is where we are now. As a casual observer, I only know this because I've watched this from the beginning. Anyone who wants to weed through all the pages and read can verify everything thus far.

Many on the anti union side seem to believe that this story is over. The truth is we are at point where no one knows what comes next. The next chapter has not yet been written, let alone the final chapter. IMHO

Last edited:
So Fedex is spending big bucks for some nonsense where no matter what...they still set pay and benefits, still are judge and jury at "hearings"(if there is one) and nothing is in a written contract. Quieter guys with a prounion stance will be nice and comfortable to be brought out into the light to be wtitten into the prounion side of the notepad for future reference.

ITS THE SAME THING YOU HAD......EXCEPT YOUVE NOW ENSURED THAT YOUR BLOOD AND SWEAT WILL PAY BIG BUDGETED BUCKS TO WHOEVER CAME UP WITH THIS.....INSTEAD OF JUST VOTING YES AND TAKING CARE OF IT SAFELY......YOUR NEWLLY CREATED FEDEX VERSION OF BIG GOVERNMENT WILL CUT INTO YOUR FUTURE RAISES.

VOTE YES.
MAKE YOUR OWN CONTRACT.
LESS WASTE.
NO HIPPIE PSYCHOBABBLE SURVEILANCE HUG FEST.

To those who are interested....

The focus groups that have started in LOU operate as such...there are 3 groups made up of 4 drivers each to represent the am road, pm road, and the city. These groups include city/road drivers with pro/anti union views that were selected by management from a list of drivers who volunteered to participate in the groups. These group members will remain in the group for 3 months (quarterly), then they'll be swapped out with new members from the volunteer list. Groups are made up of a two road drivers (1 for, 1 against) and 2 city (1 for, 1 against) where applicable. These groups talk to the drivers at their center then meet on the 1st and 3rd Tues of each month to discuss the concerns of all the drivers, then they'll try to come up with solutions among themselves to offer to their local management on behalf of all the drivers.
As for the Road/City Driver Representatives for the state of KY, they'll be chosen from a list of drivers in LOU who have shown interest in these positions by management AND the drivers to represent the respective drivers in their state. These two representatives will be chosen from LOU because it's the hub for KY. They will operate in the same manner as the focus groups, but on a state level, and will report concerns & solutions to HRO.

College hippies love money too.
It aint just peace love and happiness.

And they dont like to bust ass for it like you either. Nice little talking groups brings big money for their bright ideas come up with in their nice clean warm offices.
YOUR time and efforts busting your back all day and night is paying for this malarkey.

If you sit and talk to them about your issues they are gonna read you and use all your info to make sure you NEVER EVER get a contract...
..this is unionbusting.

ALL designed to keep you from having what all businesses have.....A LEGAL BINDING CONTRACT.

OPPRESSION.....

IT DISGUSTS ME HOW THEY WILL DO ANYTHING TO KEEP YOU FROM HAVING A CONTRACT.

YOU HAVE A RIGHT TO ORGANIZE.

The focus groups that have started in LOU operate as such...there are 3 groups made up of 4 drivers each to represent the am road, pm road, and the city. These groups include city/road drivers with pro/anti union views that were selected by management from a list of drivers who volunteered to participate in the groups. These group members will remain in the group for 3 months (quarterly), then they'll be swapped out with new members from the volunteer list. Groups are made up of a two road drivers (1 for, 1 against) and 2 city (1 for, 1 against) where applicable. These groups talk to the drivers at their center then meet on the 1st and 3rd Tues of each month to discuss the concerns of all the drivers, then they'll try to come up with solutions among themselves to offer to their local management on behalf of all the drivers.
As for the Road/City Driver Representatives for the state of KY, they'll be chosen from a list of drivers in LOU who have shown interest in these positions by management AND the drivers to represent the respective drivers in their state. These two representatives will be chosen from LOU because it's the hub for KY. They will operate in the same manner as the focus groups, but on a state level, and will report concerns & solutions to HRO.

It sounds like the beginning of a conversation... I would hope that the drivers would have the final say in who represents them during these discussions. If managers have a hand in selecting them, what real value does their voice bring to the table?

Regardless, Thanks for the info! It's still good to know...

Your rightwing radio talkers are NEVER happy either....they andd thdir antiunnion networks complaining 24/7 about big gov waste and acting so conserrvative......IN your prese.t situation THE most conservative option for evefyone is to bring in ghe union and contract. Its cheaper and wastes less time AND money. And rewards the right people. And LESS company.

HR is who dropped the ball to begin with. Fedex now rewards them with more power a bigger budget and long term plans...The ones who caused it will make more money...Money in the company pot will go to them. They will get more of managements time and customers will wait..

You petition, vote yes, put your deskres in writing, negotiate, and get back to work. They hire a Labor guy.....
Done!

Much cheaper. REAL change occurs. Legal binding contract.......their new thing is a waste and results leave them in control......no change.
No it wouldn't, you'd just find something else to complain about!
The whole union mess started with the points system....the company changed it.
Then it was the BS policies...the company changed them.
Then it was wages....the company gave us a raise.
Now it's insurance and pensions....
You guys are NEVER happy, most think you just want something to complain about!

Hell, if you were to get a contract, you'd probably complain about that too!!!!

So Fedex is spending big bucks for some nonsense where no matter what...they still set pay and benefits, still are judge and jury at "hearings"(if there is one) and nothing is in a written contract. Quieter guys with a prounion stance will be nice and comfortable to be brought out into the light to be wtitten into the prounion side of the notepad for future reference.

ITS THE SAME THING YOU HAD......EXCEPT YOUVE NOW ENSURED THAT YOUR BLOOD AND SWEAT WILL PAY BIG BUDGETED BUCKS TO WHOEVER CAME UP WITH THIS.....INSTEAD OF JUST VOTING YES AND TAKING CARE OF IT SAFELY......YOUR NEWLLY CREATED FEDEX VERSION OF BIG GOVERNMENT WILL CUT INTO YOUR FUTURE RAISES.

VOTE YES.
MAKE YOUR OWN CONTRACT.
LESS WASTE.
NO HIPPIE PSYCHOBABBLE SURVEILANCE HUG FEST.
The latest election results along with the amount of pulled petitions shows that the majority of employees DO NOT WANT A CONTRACT!

The results show that just because a few drivers walked through "your" door doesn't mean that most want to organize...WE DO NOT!

Drivers asked for a platform...a voice...and now they're being provided with one!

What's so hard for you and others to understand?

The latest election results along with the amount of pulled petitions shows that the majority of employees DO NOT WANT A CONTRACT!

The results show that just because a few drivers walked through "your" door doesn't mean that most want to organize...WE DO NOT!

Drivers asked for a platform...a voice...and now they're being provided with one!

What's so hard for you and others to understand?
Looks to me to be quite the opposite of your thinking that the majority doesn't want a contract. By pulling the petition they voiced a very loud opinion that FedEx has one chance to listen to their employees and make things right. If Uncle Fred's choice is to continue down the path that brought this all about, those timelines to file are much shorter and the wave will be nationwide.

In Wyoming and Utah you must be committed in order to receive treatment at the State Hospital.
You missed my point from another post was saying how we here at FedEx have better health care than the hospital employees do. Then crazy trucker started on some tyrant about state employees go figure.

Looks to me to be quite the opposite of your thinking that the majority doesn't want a contract. By pulling the petition they voiced a very loud opinion that FedEx has one chance to listen to their employees and make things right. If Uncle Fred's choice is to continue down the path that brought this all about, those timelines to file are much shorter and the wave will be nationwide.
Of course you think this way, it's the typical union spin.
The petitions were pulled because support for the union was gone. AFTER those employees signed cards out of frustration/anger, (assuming those cards were actually signed since there is no verification process by the NLRB), there was time to reflect, here the company's side, do their homework, and most decided the union wasn't the right choice!
Yes, those centers can repetition in 6 months, good luck to those centers if that's what they choose, but I'll be willing to say most, if not all, will not...IMO.
ALL will see what has been accomplished by the union at the 3 centers that voted yes, which will be NOTHING, and continue to side with the company!

I have disagree a little with you assessment, a majority has not said they want the union. There have been, what 13 centers filed 8 of which pulled their vote or lost with 2 yet to vote. There are over 300 centers in the system, and from what I gather at the two centers I'm familiar with its a non starter. All I heard about is a snowball which I have yet to see so I don't think there is a majority.

Of course you think this way, it's the typical union spin.
The petitions were pulled because support for the union was gone. AFTER those employees signed cards out of frustration/anger, (assuming those cards were actually signed since there is no verification process by the NLRB), there was time to reflect, here the company's side, do their homework, and most decided the union wasn't the right choice!
Yes, those centers can repetition in 6 months, good luck to those centers if that's what they choose, but I'll be willing to say most, if not all, will not...IMO.
ALL will see what has been accomplished by the union at the 3 centers that voted yes, which will be NOTHING, and continue to side with the company!
An employee from one of the barns that pulled their petition came on these boards and explained why they chose to wait. They wanted to give the company a chance to make it right. That is fact. The other barns are watching closely to see if all promises are kept. No spin there brother. Freddy "f's" this up and you will see some serious action.

I have disagree a little with you assessment, a majority has not said they want the union. There have been, what 13 centers filed 8 of which pulled their vote or lost with 2 yet to vote. There are over 300 centers in the system, and from what I gather at the two centers I'm familiar with its a non starter. All I heard about is a snowball which I have yet to see so I don't think there is a majority.

Just how many barns are holding off to file? Care to speculate? There are many eyes and ears on the upcoming events. If Uncle Freddy fails to come through, watch what happens. That, is the point I was making.

Just how many barns are holding off to file? Care to speculate? There are many eyes and ears on the upcoming events. If Uncle Freddy fails to come through, watch what happens. That, is the point I was making.

I have know idea and neither do you. But I still talk to drivers from on barn and have family at another, and even in the worst if times the couldn't get enough cards to even think about filing. I really doubt they will now.

I have know idea and neither do you. But I still talk to drivers from on barn and have family at another, and even in the worst if times the couldn't get enough cards to even think about filing. I really doubt they will now.
Your posting BS there buster. The gentleman I spoke of on these forums confirmed they had more than enough to proceed but decided to wait after they discussed their options. That goes for other barns as well. The ball is in the company's court and there just may be a surprise or two on the horizon.

Your posting BS there buster. The gentleman I spoke of on these forums confirmed they had more than enough to proceed but decided to wait after they discussed their options. That goes for other barns as well. The ball is in the company's court and there just may be a surprise or two on the horizon.

I'm not a buster, but if you want to call names we can. You have no idea what terminals I'm talking about and no idea what those people at those terminals told me and no way to prove me wrong so back off a little. I've never said why the terminals who have pulled their vote did, I will take the word of the two guys that posted about their terminals pulling the vote they both always seemed like a strait shooters so their word at face value. I'm not a union buster I just don't think its the answer to everything, I do think corporate is out of control (corporate America for that matter) but I'm still not sure this will fix it but if that is what they want I'm all for it. I'm just tired of you and the other pro union guys claiming more than is reality. I for one don't believe there is a overwhelming desire from the rank and file drivers at Fedex to unionize and the current state of thing leans toward that fact.

I'm not a buster, but if you want to call names we can. You have no idea what terminals I'm talking about and no idea what those people at those terminals told me and no way to prove me wrong so back off a little. I've never said why the terminals who have pulled their vote did, I will take the word of the two guys that posted about their terminals pulling the vote they both always seemed like a strait shooters so their word at face value. I'm not a union buster I just don't think its the answer to everything, I do think corporate is out of control (corporate America for that matter) but I'm still not sure this will fix it but if that is what they want I'm all for it. I'm just tired of you and the other pro union guys claiming more than is reality. I for one don't believe there is a overwhelming desire from the rank and file drivers at Fedex to unionize and the current state of thing leans toward that fact.
Sorry to have offended you. No, I have no idea what terminals you speak of. You should know the one I speak of. It has been in several threads and just recently pulled. Before you pound your chest and proclaim the movement is gone, you might want to talk with the folks on the left coast. There is a lot more reality coming your way in the days to come. Get back to me on that.

Sorry to have offended you. No, I have no idea what terminals you speak of. You should know the one I speak of. It has been in several threads and just recently pulled. Before you pound your chest and proclaim the movement is gone, you might want to talk with the folks on the left coast. There is a lot more reality coming your way in the days to come. Get back to me on that.

I'm not pounding my chest, I never hoped it would go away. I'm just reporting what I observe. Maybe there is a huge organizing effort on the west coast I don't know. But all I do know is 3 or 4 months ago the same people said there would be all these terminals filing and the ones who filed would have all voted yes, that hasn't happened. I can only base my opinion on the facts at hand, not you saying "just wait its coming" it's became sort of the boy who cried wolf.

Status
Not open for further replies.