Yellow | Vote No FOR PLAN B Too!

Uh...no. The economy is killing this company... and thousands of other companies as well.
No, you are mistaken. most of our competitors are doing quite well, thanks! The problems at YRCW are 1) the management that was in place until 2011 was pretty much inept. The management that took over wasn't inept, but they aren't particularly honest, either. They did inherit a fiasco, but they haven't made the right steps to correct that fiasco. Examples: 1) pleading poverty while trying to buy ABF, then trying to "BS" their way out of it when they got caught (ABF leaked the story because it would theoretically help frighten their employees into accepting a concessionary contract); 2) devising and implementing a change of operations in 2013 that was ill-conceived, poorly executed and caused a mess. It's true that the YRC President got fired over it, but the damage was done. 3) Tweaking the books for 2012 by moving some things into 2011 and 2013 in order to make the 2012 results look better, and garner a fat bonus for themselves while the rest of us are suffering, the equipment is falling apart, and the terminals need repair. 4) Now pleading poverty and threatening bankruptcy and liquidation because they spent a lot of money on bad ideas and practices that they want us to pay for.
Sadly, we may have to pay because even though we didn't cause these mis-steps, they intimately affect us. Add to that the percentage of our employees who think that paychecks "just happen" without the corresponding work, and we've got a recipe for disaster that is presently "in the oven".
What needs to happen here is a) management pull their heads out of (you know where). b) Our slacker employees get to work, and work hard, smart and efficiently. c) Everybody compete with ConWay, FedEx and the others, instead of with each other. d) Get the freight moved! The dispatch needs to send it out on time; the road drivers need to move it on time, the docks need to process it on time, the city P&D needs to deliver it on time. everybody needs to be on the same page, rowing this boat the same direction.
We have the ability to kick FedEx right in the shins, but we need to do that. We need to produce more with what we have, which will eventually provide us with more to produce even more (that's called growth). We need cooperation amongst ourselves, not confrontation. People need to show up for work, and do their work. The management needs to help make things better, not spend their time writing a letter. We need to make promises of excellence to our customers (existing and new), and KEEP THOSE PROMISES! We need to prove to ourselves and everybody else that we are the best in the business.

No, you are mistaken. most of our competitors are doing quite well, thanks! The problems at YRCW are 1) the management that was in place until 2011 was pretty much inept. The management that took over wasn't inept, but they aren't particularly honest, either. They did inherit a fiasco, but they haven't made the right steps to correct that fiasco. Examples: 1) pleading poverty while trying to buy ABF, then trying to "BS" their way out of it when they got caught (ABF leaked the story because it would theoretically help frighten their employees into accepting a concessionary contract); 2) devising and implementing a change of operations in 2013 that was ill-conceived, poorly executed and caused a mess. It's true that the YRC President got fired over it, but the damage was done. 3) Tweaking the books for 2012 by moving some things into 2011 and 2013 in order to make the 2012 results look better, and garner a fat bonus for themselves while the rest of us are suffering, the equipment is falling apart, and the terminals need repair. 4) Now pleading poverty and threatening bankruptcy and liquidation because they spent a lot of money on bad ideas and practices that they want us to pay for.
Sadly, we may have to pay because even though we didn't cause these mis-steps, they intimately affect us. Add to that the percentage of our employees who think that paychecks "just happen" without the corresponding work, and we've got a recipe for disaster that is presently "in the oven".
What needs to happen here is a) management pull their heads out of (you know where). b) Our slacker employees get to work, and work hard, smart and efficiently. c) Everybody compete with ConWay, FedEx and the others, instead of with each other. d) Get the freight moved! The dispatch needs to send it out on time; the road drivers need to move it on time, the docks need to process it on time, the city P&D needs to deliver it on time. everybody needs to be on the same page, rowing this boat the same direction.
We have the ability to kick FedEx right in the shins, but we need to do that. We need to produce more with what we have, which will eventually provide us with more to produce even more (that's called growth). We need cooperation amongst ourselves, not confrontation. People need to show up for work, and do their work. The management needs to help make things better, not spend their time writing a letter. We need to make promises of excellence to our customers (existing and new), and KEEP THOSE PROMISES! We need to prove to ourselves and everybody else that we are the best in the business.

Excellent post. I can't disagree with anything you said here. I admire your character and work ethic very much. But you do have to admit that an economic recovery would be most helpful. The huge number of retail layoffs, store closures, stagnant wages, 29-hr workweeks, etc. will have an impact going forward.

Anywhoo, great post, as usual. :)

Excellent post. I can't disagree with anything you said here. I admire your character and work ethic very much. But you do have to admit that an economic recovery would be most helpful. The huge number of retail layoffs, store closures, stagnant wages, 29-hr workweeks, etc. will have an impact going forward.

Anywhoo, great post, as usual. :)
Thank you very much! As for character, my wife could accurately tell you that I'm a character. As for my work ethic, well it's a strong one. Agreed, an economic recovery would be most helpful. Unfortunately, the corporate robber barons in the country are far too selfish and short-sighted to assist with that. Prime example: I remember when the production of Dodge Ram pickups was moved from Warren, MI to Lago Alberta in Mexico. A flood of Chrysler workers were laid off, and the residual of that affected floods more. So just who did Chrysler think was going to buy those trucks? The laid off auto worker perhaps? Ditto for the garment workers, the steel workers, the textile workers, the foundry workers, etc. etc.
I can retire from this place; I've been doing this Teamster thing for a REALLY long time. The folks that my heart goes out to are the middle-aged people who are a year or two short of locking in their pension. In Central States, it is a different ball game, but in the West and a few of the Eastern Seaboard plans, there is a critical waypoint at 25 years.

Thank you very much! As for character, my wife could accurately tell you that I'm a character. As for my work ethic, well it's a strong one. Agreed, an economic recovery would be most helpful. Unfortunately, the corporate robber barons in the country are far too selfish and short-sighted to assist with that. Prime example: I remember when the production of Dodge Ram pickups was moved from Warren, MI to Lago Alberta in Mexico. A flood of Chrysler workers were laid off, and the residual of that affected floods more. So just who did Chrysler think was going to buy those trucks? The laid off auto worker perhaps? Ditto for the garment workers, the steel workers, the textile workers, the foundry workers, etc. etc.
I can retire from this place; I've been doing this Teamster thing for a REALLY long time. The folks that my heart goes out to are the middle-aged people who are a year or two short of locking in their pension. In Central States, it is a different ball game, but in the West and a few of the Eastern Seaboard plans, there is a critical waypoint at 25 years.

The whole globalization thing has really been bad for the middle class. I hate to sound protectionist, but there are very few winners and many losers. I wish we could do something about it, but our politicians are a bunch of entrenched circus clowns.

Anyway, when I think of a Teamster, I'll remember you as a class act, just like my uncle, may he RIP. I'll try to ignore some of these other guys with the threats and name-calling. They aren't the Teamsters I've come to know and respect.

Are you sure your not management? Best I can tell from my short little stint here... if you speak logically your management... ??
No disrespect intended.... :)

No, you are mistaken. most of our competitors are doing quite well, thanks! ...... The management needs to help make things better, not spend their time writing a letter. We need to make promises of excellence to our customers (existing and new), and KEEP THOSE PROMISES! We need to prove to ourselves and everybody else that we are the best in the business.

Who, in their right mind, thinks that any other company and its employees is any different than YRCW and its employees? Every Co has its lovers and haters, its workers and lazy'ers. Every Co is as lazy or efficient as every other Co, none are unique.

The guy that pays $10k/year in property taxes has a GovCo problem. He pays so much to keep the poor and smelly out of his neighborhood - soon he will find that $10k/year isn't enough to keep him from joining the poor and smelly:usa2:

The corporations joined to GovCo are using the people to build the machines thast will be used to enslave the people. Does anyone think that the engines built by GE (home of GE Capitol - a holder of YRCW debt) and fitted into drones will not be used against the people that built them? Does anyone not see that the Redlight Cameras and Tasers and Badges with Guns and Monsanto GMO and-and-and will be used against the people that built them?

Why pay a man more to labor when he is soon to be useless, he has already built the machine of his distruction. The bankers and lawyers and GovCo have no more use for him.

Welch sits on the Board of Premier transport, The "Teamster" YRCW Board Member is a HEDGE FUND SHYSTER.

THIS IS HOW BUSINESS IS DONE TO THE PEOPLE ""It is well enough that the people of the nation do not understand our banking and monetary system, for if they did, I believe there would be a revolution before tomorrow morning. -- Henry Ford"" read -> Louis T. McFadden's U.S. House Speech,10 June 1932

The signature creates the "money". Every MOU/COO creates money, yet we've been trained to believe we need to give ours back.

NO-THING in this MOU/COO preserves any work. This MOU/COO does not prevent YRCW from buying or selling off any peice of the Co. Just like the past 7 years the Co will demand more from the worker to fund the BANKERS - LAWYERS - CEO's.

JPMorgan - USBank - GECapital and the rest can ship any pallet with any carrier. They build any Co this week and tear it down the next. They make $$$$$$$$$ on every build and crash, funding their bonus's by looting the workers savings at their corporate Vegas called Wall Street.

This MOU/COO is not about preserving jobs, it is about preserving Banker interest and bonus payments. The only job that exist is the job that is needed. My NO-NO-NO vote does not make nor eliminate my job. My YES vote guarantees my pay will never rise but my cost of living will.

In 7 years I have not voted YES, but the pay cuts keep coming and I never work less.

Quick question, Papa: Why aren't you a manager? You seem to think you know better than they do how to run a major corporation. It's odd that you've settled.

Just an observation. :)

From their performance I think you could even run the company better (Scratch that you still have your head buried in something)...Their performance proves their incompetent. Not everybody can do as much damage as the have done to this company!!!

poor management yes................ but there's a lot of are coworkers who drag there feet to get overtime, spend more time talking then working or screwing off or standing at the time clock 20 minutes before there shift is done............... so blame them to cause maybe we wouldn't be here complaining about givebacks if everyone of those 70s mentality teamster actually did fairs days work a lot of them are why the union has a bad name and the company has poor o/r

Personally I don't think they are doing as much as you say... This is your story so you tell it anyway you want... I would bet those with the 70s mentality as you say probably work smarter and get as much work done as the next guy... I really doubt that anybody is foolish enough to stand right in front of the clock for 20 minutes just to punch out...just saying...

ive lots of guys do it papa . they usually leave the office after spending an hour or so up there,then get washed up then stand by the clock and funny no one says a word .

ive lots of guys do it papa . they usually leave the office after spending an hour or so up there,then get washed up then stand by the clock and funny no one says a word .

Thanks Longblade...my question is why is the company allowing that to happen... There are already rules in the contract for that... The company needs to address that...lack of management IMO...

poor management yes................ but there's a lot of are coworkers who drag there feet to get overtime, spend more time talking then working or screwing off or standing at the time clock 20 minutes before there shift is done............... so blame them to cause maybe we wouldn't be here complaining about givebacks if everyone of those 70s mentality teamster actually did fairs days work a lot of them are why the union has a bad name and the company has poor o/r

Cellblock309, I was corrected, I was wrong about people standing around the timeclock...This is management's fault for allowing that to happen...just wanted to tell you I was wrong. Sorry...

Thanks Longblade...my question is why is the company allowing that to happen... There are already rules in the contract for that... The company needs to address that...lack of management IMO...

its not lack of managment lol its taking care of your rat boys .

Well boy's and girl's looks like another No vote. On to plan C. It was a little closer this time. Try Try again.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

Did my eyes deceive me? Both Atlanta locals voted "yes" to this MOU? Wow, that's got to be an embarrassment to someone we all know and love here on TB! :mf_swordfight: :Poke:

trips troups win yea!!!!!!!! the leader of sheep . I hope all your loyal followers know you have nothing at all to do with yrc and are in no way effeced by them voting away their pension or bennies and pay .
I believe you have deep rooted hatred for yrc because you couldnt hold a bid after the merge and you want them all to be in that same sinking boat .