Yellow | Vote No FOR PLAN B Too!

This really isn't plan B, when you look at it. Comp said they needed a deal done by Feb first. Reason for the only offer was it takes overa month to do a mail ballot. Couldn't fit 2 mail ballots in, and still be done by Febuary.

I'm guessing the phone calls that mangment asked for got the IBT off there buts and got them involved. Before they just washed there hands and said let members vote, not our problem. Now there is a hall vote, don't remember one of those, UPSF musta started that last month, think that was a hall vote.

Now, they negotiated, made sure comp knew what was important (like keeping ALL together in rasises), and put there stamp on this offer. Still not a plan b, its plan A tweaked.

Only way it gets done by Febuary is with union hall vote. No time for mailing. Even IBT auditors say company will likely fail, SOON, if not passed.

Company is likely to die under debt load EVENTUALLY. THe real choice is a No vote puts it in the grave in 2014. A yes vote MAY keep paychecks around until 2019. NOt guarantted nothing is except death and taxes. Those young enough to find another job, God Bless, do whats right for your family.

Those like me almost retiring, at least when I retire I will get a coupla years of reduced payments, but if the govt takes over, its a LOT bigger reduction. So 18 months of IBT pension before fund collapses is better than 0 months.

My sitatuion, I need 3 more years of paychex. warehouse jobs around here are not paying $18/hour, more like $12. Lots of companies don't hire permanent, work thru an agency for the first year plus.
I come to work, so absentesm I don't care about. Vacation irks me, takes another $100 off my check. All totald maybe another $750 out of my pocket for th eyear. IF I had to pay insurance, I'd be paying that in the first 2 months someplace else.

It aint pretty either way, welcome to America in 2014, it isn't different at other companies. Try to even find a private comp with a pension

Gotta go, can't be late!

Well how do I start KK is friend of mine and I respect his opinion but he is wrong. Last concessions he told everyone that you had better vote for this or we will go out of business. while he was a business agent and thing are no better now than then. KK does not have to worry about a job or insurance for his wife as a business agent he got on the movie list so he has a better job, better pay than this job. Do you have this? KK asked the question where has the money gone? First off our concessions
DID NOT GIVE ANY MONEY TO THE COMPANY it only reduce the money they had to pay out for payroll. IBT has endorse this and says if this is not voted in that 2/1/14 company will file bankruptcy . It is up to us. But tonight look at your wife and kids do you have a good life? were can I go to make it better? If you can go make it better why are you here? No one likes this what is the alternative? Myself I will take $307 insurance a week 25% pension union job protection over paying for insurance no pension and the only way to keep a job is kiss ass.

I retired in 2012 , The CSPF only counted the years that YRC made full payments... I got nothing for the years of partial payments. Do you really want five more years at 25% of payments??? I pretty well knew the way the rush was on to get this passed that the ole bankruptcy card would be thrown out. It just a little weird that when the Present mou was being promoted that the lenders, yrc and the union was all warm and fuzzy and that the PRESENT mou was the REAL DEAL.... then a loan payment comes up and its a piece of crap! Their trying to rush this way to fast in my opinion. Yeah I know a loan payment is coming up and they already have the money to pay it so WHATS THE RUSH? If I was eligible to vote my NO vote would be written in braille and stuck up Welch;s and Hoffa's ass.:nono_h4h:

I retired in 2012 , The CSPF only counted the years that YRC made full payments... I got nothing for the years of partial payments. Do you really want five more years at 25% of payments??? I pretty well knew the way the rush was on to get this passed that the ole bankruptcy card would be thrown out. It just a little weird that when the Present mou was being promoted that the lenders, yrc and the union was all warm and fuzzy and that the PRESENT mou was the REAL DEAL.... then a loan payment comes up and its a piece of crap! Their trying to rush this way to fast in my opinion. Yeah I know a loan payment is coming up and they already have the money to pay it so WHATS THE RUSH? If I was eligible to vote my NO vote would be written in braille and stuck up Welch;s and Hoffa's ass.:nono_h4h:
it shure would be nice if you would just leave...and enjoy the retirement you speak of.instead of comming here AND BITCHING ABOUT A PLACE YOU NO LONGER WORK!!!!

With the Union reviewing YRC books, and a Union member on the board of Directors, I believe our Union when they support keeping 32000 jobs, 26000 of those being Teamster jobs with this proposal. NO ONE likes cuts. but this is better than the last one. The harping about the 15% give back is getting redundant...old...It saved this Company...this is the best job I have had in my 40 year driving career with 10 years here on the docks and now road Vote YES!

hey maybe I will vote no to help prove that they will close the doors and that is plan c lol being I have no faith in the local and international leadership from fraud ,criminal activates at some of the locals and most importantly I heard some of the bigger locals bosses went to meetings where they have really been quite over the deal ............................ some of these bosses have multiple family members in the hall which means I don't trust them or there judgment there about greed not honor and how bad it looks to the members or public by hiring family members......... so ask your self they went to this meeting , how many ben franklins where in the envelopes they got......... to pass this .................... sad to think this way but I have no trust or faith in the majority of the leaders at any level with there poor judgments and arrogance and who cares about yrcw employees

and yes there is a plan c shut the doors to many think you'll get full pay and pension lol ask for a new pick up truck and to pay your mortgage of to while your at it really lol

facts no out side investor will come in with out 5 year labor deal or the current banks

lets look at the books like some one buying a business would
5 years= big losses, no assets, old run down equipment, pay 1.4 billion to current banks to buy ..........SORRY MY ACCOUNTANT AND FINACIAL ADVISOR SAID NO NO NO NO ARE YOU STUPID
3rd point 1.4 billion theres 30 investors divide that by 1.4 billion that's not much to lose re state the banks have made there money this debt is a paper loss they will write it off

example I bought 100 shares of xyz and made 3000 dollars profit so not to pay taxes I sell 3000 dollars of loses in yrcw so I dont pay taxes on profits on paper banks will write of the 50 to 200 million as a tax write off
there is no leverage here people with that 1.4 billion PERIOD
YRC IS SMALLER THEN YELLOW WAS BEFORE MERGER

WE HAD 47 PERCENT MARKET SHARE WE HAVE 17 %

WE HAD 75000 TEAMSTER JOBS AT MERGER NOW 26000

WE AT ONE TIME DID OVER 9 BILLION IN REVUNE NOW WHAT IS IT 3 OR 4 BILLION
AND BUY THE WAY WE MAY LOSE AROUND 100 MILLIoN DEPENDING ON 4 QTR RESULTS for 2013 = 2012 2011 2010 ALL THREE OF THOSE YEARS LOSSES WHERE OVER 300 MILLION SO HATE WELCH BUT THAT IS A TURN AROUND

ADD THIS ALL UP ITS NOT HARD TO FIGURE OUT WHERE THIS HAS BEEN HEADING THE WHOLE TIME

an to end .............................no one has caught one really big thing that wasn't mentioned in these 2 MOUs I tell ya after the vote

Compensation for 2012 fiscal year for some of the YRC executives.
James Welch $1,456,756.00
Jamie Pierson $1,439,993.00
Jeffrey Rogers $1,761,214.00
Michelle Russell $1,352,774
Now remember, President Obama's salary per year is only $400,000.00 per year for running our entire country! I wonder if the meeting today will discuss what reduction the executives will be sacrificing till 2019. I think we deserve our pay and pension back as planned for 2015 and now it's managements turn to step up and take reductions from there salary!:Emoticon_digging:

You forgot the $650,000.00 they put into Mr Welch's pension in the last 2 years

Fair comment/question: look at the annual reports for the last few years. In 2007, the corporation did revenue of just under $9 Billion. In 2012 that shrunk to $4.8 billion. That works out to about a 45% reduction. If your 80,000 for Roadway were correct, the differences in those year-to-year revenue figures would be MUCH larger. I stand by my numbers.

If you read my post, it stated up to the year 2000 and before. Yellow bought roadway in 2003

Well how do I start KK is friend of mine and I respect his opinion but he is wrong. Last concessions he told everyone that you had better vote for this or we will go out of business. while he was a business agent and thing are no better now than then. KK does not have to worry about a job or insurance for his wife as a business agent he got on the movie list so he has a better job, better pay than this job. Do you have this? KK asked the question where has the money gone? First off our concessions
DID NOT GIVE ANY MONEY TO THE COMPANY it only reduce the money they had to pay out for payroll. IBT has endorse this and says if this is not voted in that 2/1/14 company will file bankruptcy . It is up to us. But tonight look at your wife and kids do you have a good life? were can I go to make it better? If you can go make it better why are you here? No one likes this what is the alternative? Myself I will take $307 insurance a week 25% pension union job protection over paying for insurance no pension and the only way to keep a job is kiss ass.
Well said. I've been a teamster since 1980, joined Jack E Presser's Cleveland local, saw what Tony Hughes and other thugs got away with. Had to take non union jobs because I couldn't stay with one company long enough to get a union pension, a lot of companies went down in the '80s. It's easy for some, especially some former union officials who are getting one or two pensions from IBT along with a regular teamster pension, to walk around with their chests puffed out like rare birds, telling everyone to vote no. I've been with Roadway/YRC for 17 years, voted no on plan A and am voting yes on plan B. Do whatever is right for you and your family but if you think things will be better or as good at a non union job, think again. I've been there and have plenty of horror stories of abuse by management that will be hard to choke down for those who never worked non union. Good luck to everyone and be sure to vote

They said the same BS on this last vote and STILL the majorty of the employees did not buy the threats as made in the other votes.....enough is enough......I am not concerned with my pension, as it is all gone now and we wll be getting our checks from Uncle Sam when the Pension Act passes Congress very shortly!......KK

How do you believe a Pension Act will pass? Senate won't vote to reduce- House has no money for bailout. 80% of citizens perceive us as greedy. The ,Bill will likely die in committee. I speak to Congressional Offices weekly. Don't hear of anything like this moving...
They cut Military Benes, they arent coming to Teamster's rescue

Last edited by a moderator:

First of all, you claim to know me?
Then you have seen my post on here as to why I am against this now?

But lets address your first lie....If YRC closes I will be looking for another job too....where do you get off posting a lie that I am on the movie list?

I am not, and have no desire to work the movies..THAT IS A LIE!

Second.....leave my wife out of this...she is on 100% disability and is covered by Medicare and my insurance covers the rest.

I came back to YRC to be home more with her and take care of her and other family problems....I came back giving up 25% of my pay and 75% of my pension.....I came back and saw the wastefull use of OUR 15% and had to work under this POS and we cannot alow it to continue unchecked!

So you can tell your buddies that put you up to this BS post it will not work and to kiss my VOTING NO ass.....you cannot be a friend of mine...friends don't post lies about their friends!...KK

Last edited by a moderator:
First of all, you claim to know me?
Then you have seen my post on here as to why I am against this now?
But lets address tour first lie....If YRC closes I will be looking for another job too....where do you get off posting a lie that I am on the movie list?
I am not, and have no desire to work the movies..THAT IS A LIE!

Second.....leave my wifee out of this..m.she is on 100% disability and is covered by Medicare and my insurance covers the rest.

I came back to YRC to be home more with her and take careof oher family problems....I came back giving up 25% of my pay and 75% of my pension.....I ce back and saw the wastefull use if OUR 15% and had to work under this POS and we cannot alow it to continue unchecked!
So you can tell your buddies tha out you up to this BS post it id not work and to kiss my VOTING NO ass.....you cannot be a friend of mine...friends don't post lies about their freinds!...KK[

When you get out of the trenches (retire as I have) you can see the battlefield a whole lot better......your 100% right,it can't be allowed to go unchecked. :1036316054: Contract goes to 2015, I think they can do a better proposal and still stay in business, just my opinion.

When you get out of the trenches (retire as I have) you can see the battlefield a whole lot better......your 100% right,it can't be allowed to go unchecked. :1036316054: Contract goes to 2015, I think they can do a better proposal and still stay in business, just my opinion.
Not taking sides just asking: IBT says they won't. Why do you think they will?

The last thing I want is for this company to go out of business, But they are mismanaging the company and how does it survive like that ?
They are not taking cuts like us. They are filling their pockets and walking out the door. Like Zoellars and Rogers. Rogers came to our terminal and said. I quote " I make a boat load of money " the nerve ! after we have givin back so much and really don't make a lot.
You want to talk ok I say they take a 15% for the next 9 yrs like us, 1 week vacation and no more bonuses. Also Harry Wilson gets terminated NOW.
He gets 275 Mil a month and if the vote passes he get 5.5 Mil. Add that up since 2009. He makes yrc nothing he only costs . That money could have bought many trucks which is needed. On and on guys come on ! They want to take and they done want to give nothing. It really stinks !!!

I looked over the changed MOU !!! No Change. Looks like a No vote to me. Please vote No and show yrc to get it right. Vote No No No

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

Not taking sides just asking: IBT says they won't. Why do you think they will?

refer to post 126 Its to my understanding they have the Feb.payment covered, so whats the rush, next payment isn't till Sept Plenty of time to negotiate. I know what hoffa said about the one last chance. I just ain't buying it. Just my opinion :shrug: