XPO | WAKE UP

Back to the topic. This whole thing is losing steam. I ain't saying it's dead. Just slowed down a lot. A bunch of no votes and withdrawn votes. Was the last yes vote before Christmas ? What will guys do moving forward ?

Are you going to show up everyday and make this place better in spite of whatever ?

Are you going to vote with your feet ?

Are you still hoping for a union at your barn ? What if the vote came to your barn and it was voted for ? Or against ? What would you do then ?

Pro or anti doesn't really matter. The bottom line is that the drivers aren't very happy. What will come of all of this noise if we are all still here in a year and nothing is different ?

Are people going to " WAKE UP " or continue to dream of better without doing anything to get better ? And is what they are doing to attempt to get better going to result in something that is actually better ?

This isn't rocket science. Drivers value home time. Respect. Money. In that order. Has been that way for a long time. You don't need a 4 year degree to figure it out. Walk up and ask one. They will tell ya.

Where do you see things in a year ? Honestly. What, if anything, will be different ?

Back to the topic. This whole thing is losing steam. I ain't saying it's dead. Just slowed down a lot. A bunch of no votes and withdrawn votes. Was the last yes vote before Christmas ? What will guys do moving forward ?

Are you going to show up everyday and make this place better in spite of whatever ?

Are you going to vote with your feet ?

Are you still hoping for a union at your barn ? What if the vote came to your barn and it was voted for ? Or against ? What would you do then ?

Pro or anti doesn't really matter. The bottom line is that the drivers aren't very happy. What will come of all of this noise if we are all still here in a year and nothing is different ?

Are people going to " WAKE UP " or continue to dream of better without doing anything to get better ? And is what they are doing to attempt to get better going to result in something that is actually better ?

This isn't rocket science. Drivers value home time. Respect. Money. In that order. Has been that way for a long time. You don't need a 4 year degree to figure it out. Walk up and ask one. They will tell ya.

Where do you see things in a year ? Honestly. What, if anything, will be different ?
Shouting at the rain just makes some feel better.

Shouting at the rain just makes some feel better.

Your word is worthless - just like my employer's. That's why you side with them? You said you were leaving, and here you are. I guess if anyone wanted to enter into any kind of a deal with you, they had better get it in writing.
Welcome back and I look forward to to all of the credibility you bring to the table.

Your word is worthless - just like my employer's. That's why you side with them? You said you were leaving, and here you are. I guess if anyone wanted to enter into any kind of a deal with you, they had better get it in writing.
Welcome back and I look forward to to all of the credibility you bring to the table.
I drop in from time to time to pester you... But as you know I'm rarely here these days ... My word is worthless to you .. But my credibility is very much in high regard where I come from.. While your futile attempt to unionize will make you look like a beaten down child you are. My agenda has been very successful . Your just a sore loser.

I will tell you this BR.... I will post only here once a month... I will be back just for one post next month... You can get that in writing if you want. See you next month .... For one post only ... Directed right at you. Your soooo special.

I will tell you this BR.... I will post only here once a month... I will be back just for one post next month... You can get that in writing if you want. See you next month .... For one post only ... Directed right at you. Your soooo special.
Yup, just like my employer, you enjoy changing the rules. I bet your promise, just like the last one, is super short lived.......because you are a man of your word. I see clearly why you love my corporation - because you emulate their behavior.
I drop in from time to time to pester you... But as you know I'm rarely here these days ... My word is worthless to you .. But my credibility is very much in high regard where I come from.. While your futile attempt to unionize will make you look like a beaten down child you are. My agenda has been very successful . Your just a sore loser.
How could I possibly believe you have cred elsewhere when you have none here? What changes......besides your rock solid character?
Notice they won't address the post ?
Who won't address the post son? And which post is it you are referring to?

better than your mystery %. how much did you really lose when the pension was taken, and the insurance started getting expensive? I don't have the numbers, neither do you.

Age 60 (planned retirement age) is well past my magic "85" number where we add our age and years of service. I beat that big time.
For these purposes, I will determine I live to be 80 years of age before I commit ******* after reading inane crap on here.
That leaves 20 years of retirement. As it stands, I will get $700/mo from my promised pension no matter when I retire as I am fully vested currently.....unless they change it.
To come work here, I was sold a bill of goods of which a minimum $3000/mo pension was included, but for these purposes, I will use the $3000 number.

$3000 - $700 = $2300 per month.
$2300 x 12 months = $27,600 per year
20 years x $27,600 = $552,000 in taken pension funds from my retirement.
Note - my 401K is not a factor in this as the corporation's increased contributions are minimal at best. But lets say they contribute $10,000.
$552,000 - $10,000 = $542,000
$542,000 is a lot of money strategically and unethically removed from my retirement. There are thousands of drivers that will lose much more as they were hired later and are less vested, but just as screwed. But it seems there are many of us that approve of this. Majority rules.
I will get some of that back by working for another 15 or 20 years.

I have spent MANY of thousands of dollars on healthcare due to premiums and reduced/denied coverage that I would not have had to spend 10 years ago.

Buffalobill, there you have it. I just hope young highspeeds is not upset with me for answering your question.

That was well put buffalo bill. You spelled it out exactly correct with your pension figures. I am in the same boat as well. I will have to work another 15 to 20 years to try to replace what was stolen from my pension. The thing is that I wasted to much time there. I should have walked away in 2006 when they stopped the pension plan. At least I am not making them any more money. I am working for a competitor and I enjoy going to work every day.

Age 60 (planned retirement age) is well past my magic "85" number where we add our age and years of service. I beat that big time.
For these purposes, I will determine I live to be 80 years of age before I commit ******* after reading inane crap on here.
That leaves 20 years of retirement. As it stands, I will get $700/mo from my promised pension no matter when I retire as I am fully vested currently.....unless they change it.
To come work here, I was sold a bill of goods of which a minimum $3000/mo pension was included, but for these purposes, I will use the $3000 number.

$3000 - $700 = $2300 per month.
$2300 x 12 months = $27,600 per year
20 years x $27,600 = $552,000 in taken pension funds from my retirement.
Note - my 401K is not a factor in this as the corporation's increased contributions are minimal at best. But lets say they contribute $10,000.
$552,000 - $10,000 = $542,000
$542,000 is a lot of money strategically and unethically removed from my retirement. There are thousands of drivers that will lose much more as they were hired later and are less vested, but just as screwed. But it seems there are many of us that approve of this. Majority rules.
I will get some of that back by working for another 15 or 20 years.

I have spent MANY of thousands of dollars on healthcare due to premiums and reduced/denied coverage that I would not have had to spend 10 years ago.

Buffalobill, there you have it. I just hope young highspeeds is not upset with me for answering your question.
Excellent job explaing the numbers honestly and accurately. Many of us rode that same boat of lies for years. I can't believe the number of guys w/6-8yrs. that can't understand what has happened and will continue to happen. Some guys need a better understanding of economics and human nature.

Notice they won't address the post ?
Probably because of your dramatic way of calling foul everytime someone replys to any of your post! Your accusations of being attacked when someone is only disagreeing with your response! As a good colleague of mine has said, when you paint yourself in a corner! That being said I would call that the sky is falling syndrome, who was that little guy that always used that, oh yea Chicken Little!!!

Dont necessarily like it, but hey at the end of the week I'm still ahead of most in this business.

What about the 25% pension ? And company not paying into the fund until 2019 at the earliest ? This effects all pension plans ? Not the just the much talked about CSPF ? And the UPS deal ensures them 100% payout regardless of other considerations ? So, for example, if the fund is short $1 billion you guys are actually $2 billion in the hole ? As you will pay for their retirement before your own ?