XPO | WAKE UP

Probably because of your dramatic way of calling foul everytime someone replys to any of your post! Your accusations of being attacked when someone is only disagreeing with your response! As a good colleague of mine has said, when you paint yourself in a corner! That being said I would call that the sky is falling syndrome, who was that little guy that always used that, oh yea Chicken Little!!!

So you won't address the post like a civil normal person ? But you will continue to talk down to me and degrade me ? Make up your mind. Are you willing to post or not ? I can clearly see that you are.

If you have something to say to me directly use the conversation button. I have tried to speak to you this way, why do you refuse ?

This board has become completely unusable by it's intended audience. Every comment is hijacked by your little posse.

Your gang has no intention of adding anything positive to the board.

What about the 25% pension ? And company not paying into the fund until 2019 at the earliest ? This effects all pension plans ? Not the just the much talked about CSPF ? And the UPS deal ensures them 100% payout regardless of other considerations ? So, for example, if the fund is short $1 billion you guys are actually $2 billion in the hole ? As you will pay for their retirement before your own ?

no, the companies pay into funds other than CSPF, nys pension is paid into. and the UPS payout puts the COMPANY on the hook for any shortfalls, not the pension fund.

So you won't address the post like a civil normal person ? But you will continue to talk down to me and degrade me ? Make up your mind. Are you willing to post or not ? I can clearly see that you are.

If you have something to say to me directly use the conversation button. I have tried to speak to you this way, why do you refuse ?

This board has become completely unusable by it's intended audience. Every comment is hijacked by your little posse.

I keep responding, trying to answer your questions.........

Probably because of your dramatic way of calling foul everytime someone replys to any of your post! Your accusations of being attacked when someone is only disagreeing with your response! As a good colleague of mine has said, when you paint yourself in a corner! That being said I would call that the sky is falling syndrome, who was that guy that always used that, oh yea Chicken Little!!!
So how does 85% feel ?[/QUOTE
Your always the attacked? Really!!! lol

The 3 stooges!! I like them ???!

Anyone else notice a lot of abandoned Con-way Truckload tractors in our yards ? We have been having a bunch of cancellations with our subservice lately too. Not just getting to the FAC late any more. Never even show up to pull the load at all.

Driver shortage getting worse. Where my raise at ? That 40 cents a few weeks ago had better have been an appetizer.

Its not all about money, there are other issues as well, but when a company more than Doubles there profits in three years I don't think asking for a wage increase is out of order, Oil companies would be charging 10.00 bucks a gallon if they could get away with it, Greedy oil company'--yes, Greedy Employees --I don't think so! We're all worth more than we get, some jobs more so than others!!

You think we have it bad.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/oi...cale-strike-since-1980/ar-AA8QdNb?ocid=LENDHP

I stand around and run my mouth all day. Drive from one conversation to the next.

These guys got to have some issues to walk out on work in this economy.

If you don't understand about abandoned equipment in the trucking industry, have you considered another line of work? Something easier for you to comprehend.
Just a note but the " I stand around and run my mouth all day" may have something to do with it.

We were lied to for years you have absolutely nothing to lose if you every leave Conway They will never change and as long as you keep believing their lies you are missing out. Almost all LTL carriers are hiring and trust me some are way far better. I haven't lost one thing after leaving with 18 years service I made more money on my other job day 1 than I ever made at Conway. They don't care if they lose experienced people that is why they are starting the driving schools up again because they know that someone that knows what they are doing wont put up with their lies. I think that all of you should stop and think everything out the Union is your only choice because think about it if you have a problem now who can you go to that will even listen to you for one and will they do anything about your problem? Don't sell yourself short because with the right decisions trust me the grass is much greener
Well put!

If you don't understand about abandoned equipment in the trucking industry, have you considered another line of work? Something easier for you to comprehend.
Just a note but the " I stand around and run my mouth all day" may have something to do with it.

Sweety, where did I say anything about understanding ? I asked for any one else that observed this phenomenon. Since you don't work here, I feel it's likely you didn't.

Standing around running my mouth all day is exactly what I do. They drive the fork truck on their dock. I drive the fork truck on my own dock.

What am I supposed to do while they are loading or unloading me ? Stare at the floor ? Ignore them ? I do my best to be cordial.

I think some people just think they are worth waaay more than they actually are,lol.As I look at some of the grammar and intelligence used in alot of these threads,im convinced some are waaay overpaid..

Careful their speedy!
Abandoned equipment is a industry problem not just Con Way. Some of the major TL company's have people that all they do is fly place to place to pick up these abandoned trucks.

Its not all about money, there are other issues as well, but when a company more than Doubles there profits in three years I don't think asking for a wage increase is out of order, Oil companies would be charging 10.00 bucks a gallon if they could get away with it, Greedy oil company'--yes, Greedy Employees --I don't think so! We're all worth more than we get, some jobs more so than others!!
I have to respectfully disagree, I think we're worth what someone is willing to pay us for our talent and time, based mainly on labor market forces. Do companies want to keep labor costs down, of course they do, but I do not think that's sufficient to accuse them of being greedy.

I have to respectfully disagree, I think we're worth what someone is willing to pay us for our talent and time, based mainly on labor market forces. Do companies want to keep labor costs down, of course they do, but I do not think that's sufficient to accuse them of being greedy.
Well I personally think I'm worth a lot more than what someone Thinks I'm worth!! I've been at this for over forty years, I've paid my dues and I will never settle for what someone Thinks I'm worth. I will always stand for someone who wants a better wage, better benefits, and a better working environment! You want to settle for what THEY think your worth that's fine!! I'll stand by my own standards...