Holland | walk out in Louisville...

Do you realize that with your way of thinking, a company would NEVER add any new employees if they were allowed to do what you seem to think is ok for them to do. The company strategy would be that every time they get busy, they'd bring in some non-employees for a month or so to get caught up, then once caught up, send them packing. How would the seniority board ever grow doing that? It wouldn't. And if you are a newer employee, you would have never been put on the board. At best, you'd be one of those nons that get to come and play for a month, then you'd be sent packing.
Most customers dont care how they get their freight,as long as it gets there in a reasonable time.As a company adds more freight and new accounts or a high retirement / turnover period,they tend to hire actual new employees.To me,this appears to be a temporary measure to satisfy a service promised to their customers.Guess its just my non union mentality,lol...

Sure. I understand that they were just trying to put a band aid on the problem, but they've proven that if you give them an inch, they'll take a mile. Let them use help for a couple weeks........then it becomes months.......then it becomes permanent. There has to be limitations.
I know that some companies worked Saturday and Sunday to get caught up after the storms. Did Holland? Some companies used city guys in the line haul division to help get caught up. Did Holland? I doubt it.

Just how much money did you guys LOSE in Louisville to have the TM post a letter saying that u guys VIOLATED article 9 in the NMFB? Apparently yall just don't care if you get your arses fired! They made sure there were enough letters for every driver of Louisville to get a copy of it.

It wasn't mandatory a9. There were enough volunteers from the city that had hours available. Although it's hard to believe in today's work environment, some companies have employees that still want to help out and do what's right to service the customer. (and make a few extra bucks)
:1036316054:

Just how much money did you guys LOSE in Louisville to have the TM post a letter saying that u guys VIOLATED article 9 in the NMFB? Apparently yall just don't care if you get your arses fired! They made sure there were enough letters for every driver of Louisville to get a copy of it.
So what's your point! Just more intimidation from the company plain and simple! The whole thing was over in less than an hour so I doubt the company lost a dime, and no customers were effected!! Just more YRC propaganda, besides how much money have WE!!! lost since this all began??? Really if you think about it look how much money they saved the company by not having to pay those SCABS!! Maybe the ones who don't get it should go to work for that Scabby ass bunch that showed up in louisville seeing how you seem to be on their side with it all!!

Last edited:
Do you realize that with your way of thinking, a company would NEVER add any new employees if they were allowed to do what you seem to think is ok for them to do. The company strategy would be that every time they get busy, they'd bring in some non-employees for a month or so to get caught up, then once caught up, send them packing. How would the seniority board ever grow doing that? It wouldn't. And if you are a newer employee, you would have never been put on the board. At best, you'd be one of those nons that get to come and play for a month, then you'd be sent packing.
Im not new iv been around for a while and i have never seen them helper guys at our terminal for no more than a few days and no the seniority board aint gona grow when they cant find folks to come work here you got to do what you have to to get the freight moved and service the customers

And one other thought Supertrucker.

Just because you might fly around on the dock like a chicken with it's head cut off, DOES NOT mean that you move more freight than some of the other folks. I've watched inefficiency first hand for most of my adult life, and some of those that fly around foolishly, not only destroy more freight and take foolish safety risks, but they also don't produce any better numbers than those who work with efficiency. Point being........you might not be nearly as good as you think you are.
I work fast and efficient and have not tore up any freight in a long time on a tow motor except one drum i did bust and made a big mess but i can say thats the only thing iv messed up in the years i been here im a road driver so i dont get to show my skillz on the tow motor much

I agree. However, IF there were company people on layoff, and someone needed help for a short period of time, I wouldn't be against those on lay-off being allowed to go help......but with some type of time limitation. { maybe 2 weeks maximum.}
:1036316054:
Yea but theres nobody laid off that im aware of most the guys iv talked to have said there city drivers have been called back so whats the difference in that our guys helping and world wide helping if no one is laid off

So what's your point! Just more intimidation from the company plain and simple! The whole thing was over in less than an hour so I doubt the company lost a dime, and no customers were effected!! Just more YRC propaganda, besides how much money have WE!!! lost since this all began??? Really if you think about it look how much money they saved the company by not having to pay those SCABS!! Maybe the ones who don't get it should go to work for that Scabby ass bunch that showed up in louisville seeing how you seem to be on their side with it all!!
If you let this place intimidate you. Then you may need to go back to grade school like iv said in the past fk them im gona do what i want to do im going to call it how i see it dont care who i **** off or make mad in the process im going to speak my mind to who ever i dang well please including ole Scotty and any of you guys on here at the terminal or where ever its at and if any you road drivers on here want to talk about it in a few,weeks just message me im going back to the board and we can have a few drinks while,discussing politics here at Usf Holland

I
So what's your point! Just more intimidation from the company plain and simple! The whole thing was over in less than an hour so I doubt the company lost a dime, and no customers were effected!! Just more YRC propaganda, besides how much money have we lost since this all began??? Really if you think about it look how much money they saved the company by not having to pay those SCABS!! Maybe the ones who don't get it should go to work for that Scabby ass bunch that showed up in louisville seeing how you seem to be on their side with it all!!
I never said I was on their side (can u not comprehend my screen name). All I'm saying is, I saw the letter last night from the director of labor relations telling you guys that what y'all done was illegal, and they would be seeking legal action. Instead of picketing guys coming from the outside to help get the freight delivered, maybe you should have brought yourselves to work and worked double shifts til it was taken care of, or maybe you could have just left it be and filed a grievance against Holland for missed payment, since they got out freight to deliver, and keeping freight out of your ta
What's the NMFB?
NMFA ( National Master Freight Agreement)

I

I never said I was on their side (can u not comprehend my screen name). All I'm saying is, I saw the letter last night from the director of labor relations telling you guys that what y'all done was illegal, and they would be seeking legal action. Instead of picketing guys coming from the outside to help get the freight delivered, maybe you should have brought yourselves to work and worked double shifts til it was taken care of, or maybe you could have just left it be and filed a grievance against Holland for missed payment, since they got out freight to deliver, and keeping freight out of your ta

I

That's not NMFB?

I

I

Reading comprehension? I believe I said " The ones who don't like it" never said YOU there scabby! Your getting your panties waded up for nothing.

I

Who cares about a stupid letter from the labor director or what he thinks. Of course the company is not pleased with this.