FedEx Freight | We Need A Union

I would gladly accept the union. I remember the days of free healthcare for my family A great pension from the western confrence Dues were cheap 56 bucks a month compared to the 250 paying for medical at Fxf you don't have to get the shop steward are ba involved. Everytime. Even in a union environment. You still can speak for yourself and work things out with management

I would gladly accept the union. I remember the days of free healthcare for my family A great pension from the western confrence Dues were cheap 56 bucks a month compared to the 250 paying for medical at Fxf you don't have to get the shop steward are ba involved. Everytime. Even in a union environment. You still can speak for yourself and work things out with management
Oh yes and I remember the days of some Overnite drivers getting beaten by Teamsters, trucks being sabotaged and having to have guards with AR-15 rifles in Minneapolis. Driver killed when a toilet was thrown from a bridge through his windshield. Oh yes the IBT. The 15% paycuts and the frozen pensions are just 2 of my favorite things that the IBT has done for others. I love the union. NOT!

I've heard more than one ex Yellow driver hired by FXF NOT to go union, the pitfalls and inequities with union. Most say if FXF goes union, they'll quit. UNIONS NOWADAYS SUCK, NOTHING BUT CROOKS.

This is pretty-much a union company.
They pay close to union-scale, have basically the same seniority-based system as a union barn, etc.
The reason they do this is so people won't sign cards.
People need to get clear about something: Fedex DOES NOT determine these wages...it's the Teamsters that does.
If not for the threat of a union, FedEx (and the rest of the LTL's) would pay market-based wages...which would be about .38 cpm, $15.00/hour, no OT, lousy bennies, etc.
As the influence of the unions fade in LTL (and elsewhere...look at what's going on in Wisconsin right now), so too will the wages in LTL.
It's only a matter of time.

I agree. The unions gave us weekends, benefits, on the job safety, and that cost the companies more money. Now that they have the party of NO with enough power to shut down the government, start a list of the things you're going to lose. You keep voting for these fascists, and you're learn that they really don't like you workers all that much.

See. Unions with power scare the absolute crap out of right wingers and "free (nothing is free) market" worshipers. That's because powerful unions give the worker a cut of the pie. That's why the push is on to kill the unions. And the middle class. You may think you're safe with your big boy toys in the garage and the anti-Obama stickers on everything you own, but I'm here to tell you, your candidates will put their boots on your necks as quick as they need to. Kill the Unions and say goodbye to your lifestyle.

I agree. The unions gave us weekends, benefits, on the job safety, and that cost the companies more money. Now that they have the party of NO with enough power to shut down the government, start a list of the things you're going to lose. You keep voting for these fascists, and you're learn that they really don't like you workers all that much.

See. Unions with power scare the absolute crap out of right wingers and "free (nothing is free) market" worshipers. That's because powerful unions give the worker a cut of the pie. That's why the push is on to kill the unions. And the middle class. You may think you're safe with your big boy toys in the garage and the anti-Obama stickers on everything you own, but I'm here to tell you, your candidates will put their boots on your necks as quick as they need to. Kill the Unions and say goodbye to your lifestyle.

You hit the nail on the head my freind. Great post.

they served their purpose and set a bar. In todays workplace they don't have much to offer except another deduction in your paycheck. Unions don't correct bad management (look at YRC) The things people complain about here a union won't/can't do anything to correct. In fact, the people they support in gov have made more problems for unions than "right wingers" with their regulations and health care, that's why they had to get waivers for everything the dems have passed.
BTW most of the LTL trucks I see moving on a sunday are union, they have to run weekends now cause they can't compete otherwise. They remind me of my brother-in-law who trades cars every 2 years and tells me what a great deal he got, who's kidding who?

Franklin said:
and the anti-Obama stickers on everything you own, .

Are you :shit:ting me ? Obama ? What has he done for the union movement ? Mexican trucks ? Obama is the WORST for the labor movement. Remember the free choice act he promised ! I don't care if you love the teamsters or not Obama has done jack ::shit:: for you. Kinda how I feel about going union. It would do NOTHING. Like your dumb worthless Obama.

I hate how this company is being run right now, but I hate the union even more. This is a just a thought, but if you want change, do something to make it happen. Why don't you get a bunch of your buddies together and stage a walkout. If you get enough people, you can shutdown the center. They will listen then, plus no union involved. I personally would not particapate.

I drove truck as a Teamster for several years. I've worked for FedEx for about 12 years. Sorry, guys, but you're on a sinking ship. FedEx has managed to take three profitable companies and turn them all into one big lump of ::shit:: with the FedEx label. FedEx doesn't know how to truck. See, we hire other companies (CRST, US Express, :shit:ville Transport, etc) to do our trucking for us.
When I read the responses from most of these drivers that put a union down, it is EASY to recognize they are talking out their ass. I guarantee they've never spent a DAY working as a union member. All they know about any union is what these clowns here at AF/FedEx taught them during their orientation to this company. (bullshit lies such as $400 a month dues, giving your money away, etc). It's funny how people say they ''don't need anyone to do their talking for them'' but, from what I've witnessed, that usually means they spend alot of time under their ccm's desk, 10-4?

Well, I was a card-carrying, dues-paying member of Teamsters local 878 for nine years. I don't judge by what ANYBODY "tells" me about anything. That's a fool's game. I can only go by what I see with my own two eyes. What I've seen is:

* Employee/union rep go into management office for some alleged offense and union
rep hang the employee out to dry and side with the company.

* Teamsters union "negotiate" us a new contract amounting to a two dollar PAY CUT,
and tell us what a great deal it was. When the objections began, the unions
response was "If you don't like it, quit and find another job". (Sound familiar?)

* A vote to strike after a contract rejection, only to be told by the union that they
would not sanction it. (The union controls the rank-and-file workers, not the other
way around.)

* Union members so disgruntled that they decided to withdraw from Teamsters, only
to discover that withdrawing membership is not "allowed". (Very similar to a Mafia
mentality, once you're in, "you're in".) Several people finally were allowed to get
out only after multiple threats of legal action.

Everything I've stated here I witnessed MYSELF, and there's much more but it's pointless to continue. I just think it should be obvious why I have the opinion of the unions that I have.

:wavey:

I can't believe you even let this one exist, much less go six pages.
As much as I'd like to put more credits into my Teamster pension, now is not the time.

If the Fedex guys want to have a thread going they are welcome to talk about it but we don't need a bunch of hardcore guys coming in here from the outside telling us what we need which won't lead to anything but a pissing contest, those guys are great over there but they don't want any input from nons either....

Personally for me, I hav e no interest whatsoever in being in a Union, for those companies that need one thats all well and good, I just don't feel that a Union would do anything for anybody here but that is just my opinion.

Well, I was a card-carrying, dues-paying member of Teamsters local 878 for nine years. I don't judge by what ANYBODY "tells" me about anything. That's a fool's game. I can only go by what I see with my own two eyes. What I've seen is:

* Employee/union rep go into management office for some alleged offense and union
rep hang the employee out to dry and side with the company.

* Teamsters union "negotiate" us a new contract amounting to a two dollar PAY CUT,
and tell us what a great deal it was. When the objections began, the unions
response was "If you don't like it, quit and find another job". (Sound familiar?)

* A vote to strike after a contract rejection, only to be told by the union that they
would not sanction it. (The union controls the rank-and-file workers, not the other
way around.)

* Union members so disgruntled that they decided to withdraw from Teamsters, only
to discover that withdrawing membership is not "allowed". (Very similar to a Mafia
mentality, once you're in, "you're in".) Several people finally were allowed to get
out only after multiple threats of legal action.

Everything I've stated here I witnessed MYSELF, and there's much more but it's pointless to continue. I just think it should be obvious why I have the opinion of the unions that I have.

:wavey:
Thanks for setting him straight. Teamsters local #118 here. Been there, done that too. I guess he thinks everybody that's been in one wants to be. ( I do miss the clam bakes though..lol)

goin postal said:
you don't know your facts, union dues are cheaper than your health care and 401k, they are free at a union shop.

Well... That makes it all worth it. Where do I sign up? /-)

The bottom line is that FedEx pays us what they do to keep the union out. And that's it. If they came in tomorrow and said, were going to cut wages by 20%, what would you do? I don't have but 7 years but I'm gonna have to stay. Because there is nothing else out there where I can be home every weekend and every day. They don't care if you like the way they do things or not, and the union is not going to change that. My suggestion is at the next meeting you have tell them that we would like to be treated with a little more respect. Because after reading a lot of post this seems to be the number one complaint.