FedEx Freight | We Need A Union

you don't know your facts, union dues are cheaper than your health care and 401k, they are free at a union shop.
Umm sorry you don't know all your facts. We have a 401k AND a pension and I will bet all the tea in China that I'll see a better return on my 401k then you'll ever see on a union pension since union pensions are frozen for the forseeable future and historically 401k's return an average of at least 10.7% or higher as opposed to the 7.5% you'll see with a union pension. These numbers are verifiable. As far as the medical coverage goes, I don't mind paying for a good plan. Somebody always pays. Free health care isn't free. The unions are now petitioning the U.S. Government for a bailout just for this reason. And if free healthcare is so great why were the unions the first ones to apply for waivers on "Obamacare" so they won't be required to use it.

:hide:Sounds like MagicMan has a handle on this topic.....good posting. Weve been through this before, I worked for an Onion, and to be truthful, its a lot like being Onion now, except for the dues, and the animosity between employees.......oh yea and the Steward crap. It used to burn my butt when a fellow driver used to look at me like he was something special, saying I had to discuss things with him....BS!!! You are driver just like me.....GTH! Here we get the loads that are thrown to us, some good some bad, not cherry picked and spit on the lower drivers.....its all good here. That "brotherhood" mentality is BS..... this is more like a "Team" here, for now anyways....with the Onion, its not a team, its a "Stir"....get it? Team...Stir. U will not benefit us, just cause more anymosity, and tension in a company that does not need more crap to make our day longer...:hide::452:

Umm sorry you don't know all your facts. We have a 401k AND a pension and I will bet all the tea in China that I'll see a better return on my 401k then you'll ever see on a union pension since union pensions are frozen for the forseeable future and historically 401k's return an average of at least 10.7% or higher as opposed to the 7.5% you'll see with a union pension. These numbers are verifiable. As far as the medical coverage goes, I don't mind paying for a good plan. Somebody always pays. Free health care isn't free. The unions are now petitioning the U.S. Government for a bailout just for this reason. And if free healthcare is so great why were the unions the first ones to apply for waivers on "Obamacare" so they won't be required to use it.

No, really, leemcabee, you don't know your facts. The company really has pulled the wool over your eyes. Your 401k and FedEx 'pension', COMBINED, doesn't even come close to what an LTL Teamster's pension pays. See, YOU provide the majority of your 401k plan, not the company. That bullshit plan FedEx calls a 'pension' only pays 1%. Why do you think that is? Who do you think is getting the other 12-17%? Not you, that much I know.
When you work for a company that has a union workforce, that company pays 100% into your pension fund on top of your hourly rate of pay. The COMPANY pays for your retirement for YOUR years of hard work for the company. Why do you find that so difficult to comprehend? Not am I only vested in a Teamster pension fund but I also have the chance to pay into a 401k plan, as well.
It doesn't matter what 'verifiable' numbers you find on google about pension funds, when you work union you know WHEN you can retire and you know just how much you'll receive at retirement, no matter the funds 'return'. Hence, I work 25 years for the company and I can retire no matter my age and get 'x' amount of dollars per month. Usually 25 years pays 2500-3000 bucks. Again, no matter WHAT age you are.
As far as health benefits are concerned, FedEx will never come close to a union health plan. EVER. Better brush those teeth boys, FedEx ain't gonna help ya much if you don't!

No, really, leemcabee, you don't know your facts. The company really has pulled the wool over your eyes. Your 401k and FedEx 'pension', COMBINED, doesn't even come close to what an LTL Teamster's pension pays. See, YOU provide the majority of your 401k plan, not the company. That bullshit plan FedEx calls a 'pension' only pays 1%. Why do you think that is? Who do you think is getting the other 12-17%? Not you, that much I know.
When you work for a company that has a union workforce, that company pays 100% into your pension fund on top of your hourly rate of pay. The COMPANY pays for your retirement for YOUR years of hard work for the company. Why do you find that so difficult to comprehend? Not am I only vested in a Teamster pension fund but I also have the chance to pay into a 401k plan, as well.
It doesn't matter what 'verifiable' numbers you find on google about pension funds, when you work union you know WHEN you can retire and you know just how much you'll receive at retirement, no matter the funds 'return'. Hence, I work 25 years for the company and I can retire no matter my age and get 'x' amount of dollars per month. Usually 25 years pays 2500-3000 bucks. Again, no matter WHAT age you are.
As far as health benefits are concerned, FedEx will never come close to a union health plan. EVER. Better brush those teeth boys, FedEx ain't gonna help ya much if you don't!

Invest that same money in a good mutual fund and you will have far more than that when you retire...
I hope them Union guys get cheap or free health insurance forever, but I seriously think those days are over...

I don't believe what I hear, only what I see. To the person know that thinks I'm bashing the union because fedex says it's bad, I have news for you. I worked for a postal contractor and saw first hand what the union does. It protects the dirtbags. One dockworker sat in the corner on a regular basis and didn't work. If the super came over and said something to him, he would tell him to get bent and Say "I don't feel like doing anything tonight and you can't make me." I also know of a clown that finally got fired after harrassing another worker that was documented more than five times. Everytime they would try to fire him, the union would step in. My grandfather worked at a powerplant as a welder, and he used to tell me about all the breaks they got all day long, and how they used to waste time.

Again your Union ignorance know no bounds. I use the word ignorance in the text book way not as an insult. I too am vested in a union pension plan. I also have a non-union pension with Overnite and 2 401k's and my pension with FedEx. According to my financial planner, BNY Mellon, I'll retire at 59.5 years old if I so choose with approximately $10,000 a month in todays money without my union pension. So tell me again why I need a union.

Oh yeah job security like those CF drivers, Yellow drivers, Roadway drivers and ABF drivers(after the Carolina disaster). I'm sure there are some who are sitting at home, wondering how they're going to pay their bill and feed the kids, saying man I'm glad I'm in a union. The only good pay and good benefits comes from a company that is financially strong and sound. NO company has EVER said " I'm so happy we have a Union workforce, it's brought so much prosperity to this company". So if you like the union so much please feel free to get a union job. OH YEAH there are none

Again your Union ignorance know no bounds. I use the word ignorance in the text book way not as an insult. I too am vested in a union pension plan. I also have a non-union pension with Overnite and 2 401k's and my pension with FedEx. According to my financial planner, BNY Mellon, I'll retire at 59.5 years old if I so choose with approximately $10,000 a month in todays money without my union pension. So tell me again why I need a union.

Impressive driver.... Congrats

Who's pulling the wool over who's eyes.....

Survey Reveals Most Teamster Pension Funds in

You can work 25 and retire no matter what your age? I don't think so........ Only if your 57.

Central States: No Retirement till Age 57 | Teamsters for a Democratic Union

Usually 25 years pays 2500-3000 bucks. Again, no matter WHAT age you are.

Do you honestly think you can draw that with YRC coming on with 25% of their obligations if that ever comes to pass..... And again, only if your 57.

The COMPANY pays for your retirement for YOUR years of hard work for the company.

For a lot of YRC people the COMPANY in conjunction with their own union, has put it up THEIR butt.... With basically forced pay reductions and pension limbo they are facing, how can you say the things you do?

I was a teamster. Left them to come here. I like my job HATE the politics,favoritism,and back stabbers. OH wait had that at the union job there the union protected them. Our union steward was the biggest, the the BA ( business admistrator ) for the union.Just here I don't have to PAY the union for NON representation. Because if you should show up OTHER union members who SLACK on the job...your marked.Not for them period. If you screw up SO bad that you need 1...hmmmm your just a screw up, and maybe shoulda stayed home where Mom n Dad could still be there to bail you out....Thats my opinion on the unions from personal experience...I hold 5 different union cards. None of them worth the paper they are printed on...

Do you honestly think you can draw that with YRC coming on with 25% of their obligations if that ever comes to pass..... And again, only if your 57.
the local I was in raised theirs from 25yrs/55 to 25yrs and 65yrs old. Just slapped another 10yrs on cause they know that can't pay it

I was a Teamster for 15 years, Local 705 Chicago. Been down that road once already, don't want to do it again. I can name a dozen union companies that are gone now, lots of good friends too. I don't need a union to protect me, I do my job like i'm supposed to and have no worries.

I've worked both sides of the street, but I'm not sure a union would help right now. What we really need is someone who knows how to run a freight company. Here we go again with an express guy who wants to change the system again. Its a good thing Uncle Freddy has deep pockets and can afford these types of experiments. They have managed to put three profitable companies into this sink hole. One thing for sure we are running out of companies to add to the mix to lose even more money. If your wondering where the freight has gone, you can probably find it on our competitors docks. Our customers are confused by the new system, the morale is in the toilet, but we have our blinders on and its full steam ahead. TP

What is the history of the union in the U.S work place for the past 15 years? After one was to look back at the simple span of time not long ago.......Wasted years, talent and purpose.
Destroyed companies and businesses that now are no more with more to come. Damaged the lives of people who get no answers, besides.....Poor management. We make nothing in this
country anymore vs. 10, 15 and 25 years ago. we are a service nation now and the user of goods from others worldwide. The issues in the middle-east are what happens when America is weak and hurting with crushing debt and no leadership in Washington. Complainers, criers and whiners have much to do with all that I have entered on this post. We have lost the meaning of personal responsibility and rely on others in government and unions to think and do for us. History is not kind nor the future will be cute for those who need protection for their wages and pensions by unions or government entitlements that were thought to be....Good as gold!

amen tinmantex good post for the crybabies out there call 1 800 cry baby it will help as much as a union

I....Myself was the same way with others being the issue on all problems of the day and I was entitled to want I wanted....Not want I earned. People who have lots don't need all of it, so those rich and powerful should give me or others some of the lots....Because they can easily afford to do so without pain or sence of loss. They need to care and to share more of their lots because its just the proper, fair and a just thing to do. Bleed the big lots people or big company people and owners a drop or just a real small portion over a mini-drop and it won't matter or hirt one bit. When those of like-minded people enter that way of oh-so-easy thinking....The numbers add to multitude levels such as unions vs. companies, and/or city, state and federal worker unions vs. tax payers....And....Yes!....The tax payers vs. those who don't. With a ratio of 1:5.5 to 6.0!....One tax payer can't cover the 5 1/2 to 6 people any longer. The Fair and Just Society has failed once again, along with all the others in the past who have tried the....Fair and Just Society Rule over people. History and mathematics are proof it will never work.....In the end. I am a very happy and positive guy and I know what is before us...as a country...we have never witnessed and it will teach us to be better folks and more responsible...also accountable for the choices we make. Restore honor and trust in this land of ours so our children can enjoy its gift of freedom and promise. The pain of cleansing and correction will be very hard and lasting, but the reward will make are kids the best, strongest, well respected, trusted, loved and feared people on earth....As Americans should be. The wisdom of history our kids will have, so that the collapse of our nation can never happen again.....Amen.