TForce | Were getting macks and sterlings

Thats interesting to see UPS breaking the law,I noticed none of those little package pick-um-up trucks had any license plates on them?

I also observed how happy the parcel drivers were that were driving them.
To think they all are knocking down the big bucks,and then can't get that much in those little trucks.

Yes this article is very interesting indeedy.

I hope they are going to build the cabs much larger.
We freight haulers have some girth to us.
There would never be enough room for one of our drivers,and a supervisor.

Also they need to have a cap over the truckbed that has a good strong lock on it.

I wouldn't want the responsibility to go away to make a inside delivery,while leaving the rest of the packages wide open to passerbys with sticky fingers.

They look like mini air planes with out the wings.
Yes those things look tiny !
How do you keep the packages dry & prevent them from blowing out?
Besides , if he was here in ATL he wouldn't have to worry about making the deliveries ----he would get unloaded by the folks on the street !:nutkick:

What kind of question is worring about keeping the packages dry?
First it doesn't rain or snow in California,maybe just in the mountains.

The other thing is parcel drivers make their deliveries so fast even if it did rain,they would go to fast to get anything wet.

How do you like those answers?

DUH what a dummy I am.

Right,or wrong I'll give you an answer for anything.

What the Hell!!!! Are we going back to the freaking stone-age here?????? Got a brand new Volvo last week and it is a 385 and NO engine brake!!!!!! This is stupid....They had to go out of their way to have them NOT put one in there....Then if we go through brakes 4 times as fast as we were it will be the drivers fault.....And God forbid catch the SOB on fire.....i was looking at a O tractor from last year....And it has engine brake..sliding 5th wheel....450 hp and all the goodies and now we get just the bare minimum....I can handle all the money saving things but no engine brake and bare minimum power onlly costs more money in the end....Take the am/fm and give me things needed to do the JOB....And now I'm done thank you!!!!!

Maybe the people who do the equipment purchases live in Oklahoma?
That state is so flat you can stand on a step ladder,and see from one end of the state to the other.

In order to get jake breaks you have to live around hills,or mountains,so you can relate to purchase someting thats more useful.

Just kidding I'm clueless when it comes to what the higher ups are thinking when they order their power units?

Maybe the people who do the equipment purchases live in Oklahoma?
That state is so flat you can stand on a step ladder,and see from one end of the state to the other.

In order to get jake breaks you have to live around hills,or mountains,so you can relate to purchase someting thats more useful.

Just kidding I'm clueless when it comes to what the higher ups are thinking when they order their power units?

Well as you can tell I am a bit at a loss myself...bunch of goof balls that do not have to go get it done themselves....Great p&d wagons but...Oh well i got a fire extinguisher but they will need to put the legal size one in there....These 10 pounders are not going to cut it....

Hey there greezy trucker what happen to safety first?

Maybe this parcel company just can't relate to heavy freight in the first place?

They are so used to hauling their small packages.
How much weight are on those feeder units compared to units hauling freight?

Maybe their just out of touch with our world of heavy freight.

I think the key word here is (HEAVY) freight.

The other question is whos doing the ordering?
UPS,or the old Overnite folks?

Hey there greezy trucker what happen to safety first?

Maybe this parcel company just can't relate to heavy freight in the first place?

They are so used to hauling their small packages.
How much weight are on those feeder units compared to units hauling freight?

Maybe their just out of touch with our world of heavy freight.

I think the key word here is (HEAVY) freight.

The other question is whos doing the ordering?
UPS,or the old Overnite folks?

The ordering will depend on who you talk to....The blame goes to the other side and back and forth....If you talk out of both sides of your face it is real hard to get punched in the mouth....And SAFETY.....Well I have no response...But trust me that I am going to ask that to everyone I can....

UPS is doing the purchasing and they have their guy in control. M. Morgan is strictly over union busting now. How's that working for you Mike? UPS is in control over everything now, but will dump this in some old"O" lap at the first sign it is going bad. UPS does not know what to do but they did hire this guy from Conway to help, so have to give some credit to UPS for that move. As for Safety First, this is all a rues to make OSHA go away, they will get away with whatever is the cheapest.

Any pictures would be appreciated. :1036316054: Oh, I must say that I did predict the Sterlings. Cheaper the better, the way Buster Brown likes them.

I don't know about you, but out here in the Great NW anything new would be a god-send. Any Brand, any model would be better than the s@#t we have here. I would not complain.

I don't know about you, but out here in the Great NW anything new would be a god-send. Any Brand, any model would be better than the s@#t we have here. I would not complain.

Dude anything north of the mason-dixon line gets sht. We thrive in it. Dirty, rusty, duct taped and damn proud of it. God knows, if we give up our dirty trucking image. What will the shipping public have to talk about then? :hysterical:

What the Hell!!!! Are we going back to the freaking stone-age here?????? Got a brand new Volvo last week and it is a 385 and NO engine brake!!!!!! This is stupid....They had to go out of their way to have them NOT put one in there....Then if we go through brakes 4 times as fast as we were it will be the drivers fault.....And God forbid catch the SOB on fire.....i was looking at a O tractor from last year....And it has engine brake..sliding 5th wheel....450 hp and all the goodies and now we get just the bare minimum....I can handle all the money saving things but no engine brake and bare minimum power onlly costs more money in the end....Take the am/fm and give me things needed to do the JOB....And now I'm done thank you!!!!!

My oh My , you sound like a digruntled trucker, Atleast they have rubber wheels, does it pull a little slow, I am sure that will be fine when linehaul gets paid by the hour.

You really should take a laxitive, or a little morphine, demerol, whatever your choice, and for $49.95 you too can take advantage of a true assortment of narcotics we have in stock, just for not having a jake break, shipping and handeling is extra.

FEDEX NEXT DAY AIR. :biglaugh::biglaugh:

I don't have any hills high enough for a jake break around me.
But I made a trip out to Colorado a few years ago,and can really see GT's point of view on this issue.
Thats one state you'd better have a way to slow down coming off those mountains,or you can kiss your tushy bye,bye.