TForce | Were getting macks and sterlings

I heard from a Buster Brown driver today that they are not using Macks as much as they use to. He said a couple years ago, UPS went to court against Mack because the turbo's were blowing up. Mack said the operating guide clearly states that a truck after running should have an alotted time to cool the turbo down before shutting the engine down. UPS does not like to idle down so the result is blown turbo's. Go figure? :biglaugh:

Come on hugnlug would you want to buy a new truck,and have the motor granaid on you?
You'd also want your money back.
Now put yourself in UPS's place it sounds like they had made a large purchase of tractors,and the turbos started having melt downs.

We all know by now the saying that UPS runs the tightest ship in shipping,so you also know they wouldn't take a pass on an issue as big as this one.

Come on hugnlug would you want to buy a new truck,and have the motor granaid on you?
Now put yourself in UPS's place it sounds like they had made a large purchase of tractors,and the turbos started having melt downs.

We all know by now the saying that UPS runs the tightest ship in shipping,so you also know they wouldn't take a pass on an issue as big as this one.

Apo, when you have medications to take, do you follow the advise on the script, or do you make up your own directions? Or when a car says gasoline only, do you put diesel in it instead?

Diesel?
Why no I get out the garden hose for some good country water.

I see by your sarcasum I may of put a bur under your saddle with my post comments to your post.

Well all I can say to that is.

SORRY,I was just funning you with my usual sarcasum.

You can find it in your heart to forgive this old gear jammer.
Thaks if you do.
Oh well whatever if you don't?

I got in a new Volvo today.Looks the same inside but not under the hood.Big Red motor.Cummins that is!The tag had it rated at a 385 hp.

Diesel?
Why no I get out the garden hose for some good country water.

I see by your sarcasum I may of put a bur under your saddle with my post comments to your post.

Well all I can say to that is.

SORRY,I was just funning you with my usual sarcasum.

You can find it in your heart to forgive this old gear jammer.
Thaks if you do.
Oh well whatever if you don't?

Makin' friends again, Apo?

All turbo's should have time to cool down APO, this is nothing new, we just never practiced it, and there is one way to cure that and it's obvious overnite nor UPS spent the money on this.

It's one of the reasons why turbo's do not last as long as the motor's do in this company.

All turbo's should have time to cool down APO, this is nothing new, we just never practiced it, and there is one way to cure that and it's obvious overnite nor UPS spent the money on this.

It's one of the reasons why turbo's do not last as long as the motor's do in this company.

They are going to find out how much wear and tear all this turning off and starting the motor really does and when they see that its costing them tens of thousands of dollars per year more in parts, It won't be a saftey issue anymore.

They are going to find out how much wear and tear all this turning off and starting the motor really does and when they see that its costing them tens of thousands of dollars per year more in parts, It won't be a saftey issue anymore.

I agree. It will cost them alot, I am sure though they do not care at this point.

We were informed that if we need to be pulled out of the snow by a wreaker, starting this winter season.
We are going to be charged with an accident.
If we run out of fuel,and have to have someone bring us enough to get going thats going on our records as a chargeable.
If we pull down any utility lines,cable,phone,or electric no matter where they are,in commercial,or non-commercial areas this also is a chargeable to be entered on our record.
3 chargeables in a years time no matter how much they cost,is your ticket out the door forever.

With that piece of information from our UPS Freight safety department I want to say thanks a lot UPS for buying us!

When we were first rebranded we heard the saying UPS runs the tightest ship in shipping,oh boy have we seen that statement come to pass!
Sounds like to me ur gonna need the contract faster than u think??:1036316054:

Welcome to the baords Alabama

With UPS money is involved in every aspect of everything.

Every incident has a dollar amount attacheted to it and charged to the managing distrcit or terminal.

Accidents and incidences are ranked in "tiers",
like, Teir 1, Teir 2, etc
Every teir has a fixed dollar amount that the violating parties are charged with.

Example and accident with a pedestrian, cyclist, or rearender is considered a Teir 3. Reguardless of the damage or injury the driver's district or terminal is chagred $35,000 for the incident. That's 35K off the operating numbers.
UPS is very serious about thier numbers, slip and fall in the yard and make outa accident report becuae you may think you might be hurt and just want to cover your asss, weel that costs $10,000 to the district, even though you didn't go to the doctor or lose any time from work.

Get used to it UPSFreighters, the head honchos must have been mechanics at one time because they surely know how to turn the screws.

T251
Thats rite:1036316054:

We are coming up on the winter season which in the northern states means freezing cold temps.
When all of us safety trainers,and TM's first heard the conference call clamping down on all of UPS,and OHSA's yard rules.
The first thing I thought of was how dumb is it to have to be behind the wheel when our motors are running.
And having them shut off when we are not behind the wheel.
I told safety then they were going have to re-address these engine running rules when winter came to the northern states.

What do you know they agreed with me.

Well now its getting colder around here so we shall see if they will change their minds,or not.

In the past all of us city drivers came in early to crank up our tractors.
Then go inside the terminal to shoot the breeze with each other, waiting to clock in,while our tractors were warming.

This is going to be a real pain in the back side if they are going to stay with the behind the steering wheel rule.

TIME WILL TELL???

just got a call with an early breakdown on new equipment distribution...NBR.2....WFD 1..STO.SBR PVD PME.....0...MCH 3.......P.S> they are 9200 series Internationals with cummins with the sootburners

I got in a new Volvo today.Looks the same inside but not under the hood.Big Red motor.Cummins that is!The tag had it rated at a 385 hp.

I suppose your happy with that power? The unit I run is rated 450, has 1,000,000+ miles and still runs pretty strong, I know U dont usually climb up to 11 or 12,000 feet like we do , but 385 is kinda puny. And the soot burners dont help any.

just got a call with an early breakdown on new equipment distribution...NBR.2....WFD 1..STO.SBR PVD PME.....0...MCH 3.......P.S> they are 9200 series Internationals with cummins with the sootburners

SHYTESPREADERS OOOHHHHNNNNOOOOO, I HATE THOSE THINGS. Hope they ride a little better then the ones we currently have.

Who's tractors were they? YRC's, FXF's, R+L's? :hysterical: Hope they do a better job at IH at painting them than Volvo did!!!

Holy cornbinders are they still making International Tractors that go down the road,instead of running around the farms?

We are coming up on the winter season which in the northern states means freezing cold temps.
When all of us safety trainers,and TM's first heard the conference call clamping down on all of UPS,and OHSA's yard rules.
The first thing I thought of was how dumb is it to have to be behind the wheel when our motors are running.
And having them shut off when we are not behind the wheel.
I told safety then they were going have to re-address these engine running rules when winter came to the northern states.

What do you know they agreed with me.

Well now its getting colder around here so we shall see if they will change their minds,or not.

In the past all of us city drivers came in early to crank up our tractors.
Then go inside the terminal to shoot the breeze with each other, waiting to clock in,while our tractors were warming.

This is going to be a real pain in the back side if they are going to stay with the behind the steering wheel rule.

TIME WILL TELL???

Remember the new rules, Tractors cannot be running unless you are in the drivers seat. So now with winter coming I have proposed that all city drivers come in to work 30 minutes early to start their tractors and sit in them until they warm up. Managment has agreed to this but it will be on the employee's own time. OT:hysterical:

Hey B.H. Another bit of info I got when I found out the Volvos & Internationals was someone at the top of "automotive" put a hold on those build orders because some of the Volvos were going to have P.O.S. Volvo motors in them. He stopped the order to assure that ALL new tractors had Cummins ISX motors. That was part of the delay............. METAL
(In case you were wondering, POS means "Piece of $h!+)