TForce | Were getting macks and sterlings

I heard from a dallas driver they just received 8 new daycabs and there plain jane, they don't even have radios in them.

Are they Macks, Sterlings or what? Are they our colors? I knew that was definately going to be the norm. UPS is ultra cheap when it comes to equipment

I heard from a dallas driver they just received 8 new daycabs and there plain jane, they don't even have radios in them.

Ups will let you install your own radio. I have seen there feeder drivers trucks and they have to jerry rig there radios. Looks like satellite boom box for me. The longer we are ups the more we become ups.:nutkick:

Well then if we have to purchase our own radios.
Why not go for one of thoese SUV DVD-TV sets that mount up over the windshield.

Oh yeah I'm a UPS Freight safety trainer,guess you didn't here that from me?

See, we are going back in time. When I first started here there was NO power steering,AC,stereo's Just plain and basic. I remember building the radio box with speakers. I think I still have it somewhere.

It seems that its going to be the fact that anytime a driver costs UPS any money.
This is going to be 100% chargable offence against the driver with no excusses on us poor old drivers trying to do our jobs.

The thing that really frys my bacon is the utility line issue.
Its by law these lines are to be high enough to get any trailer under them.
When we were Overnite,our company knew this as law and gave us a pass.
Now that we are UPS.
If we pop one of these lines even in a commercial area.
UPS gets out their check book to make any needed repairs and charges us drivers.

What a rip off,with a driver shortage in this country.
UPS sure has a lot of ways to get rid of the drivers working for them.

Union?
You think we need a union?
A voice to be represented ,or do we just make very sure we don't go anywhere that we may encounter a chargable on our records?
This could also place us between a rock,and a hard place because they want us to do everything in our power to get all of the deliveries,and pickups assigned to us.

OH MY,MY,who would have thought it would be this difficult working for the BIG UPS MACHINE?
I really used to enjoy this LTL city driving trucking career thats why I've stayed with it going into my 45th year.

Now I have to pray I can be safe,and wherever I go on the clock I have to be paranoid to make very sure I'm not going to cost UPS any money for messing anything up.
This is really taking all the fun out of this job.
Can I get a great big 10-4 from the rest of my co-workers on here?

"O" had some serious rules, But never enforced them. But, you are correct, If UPS pays a claim wether its the fault of the driver or not, Its a chargable accident to the driver.

Thats weird. I have'nt seen anything new on the yard, oh wait.... we did get 3 new yard horses that have UPS Freight on the side.
But, we dont need any horses, we need some freekin' trucks.

I have heard that they first will replace all the International road tractors with new road units and put the International's in the city.

Hey yeah welcome to this here truckingboard there fatjack.
This is the place you can cry the blues,and whine about your company and nobody knows who you really are.

Well then most everyone knows me by now,cause I'm such a big mouth.
It didn't take very long for my fellow co-workers to figure out who their Apostolic really is.

But then that don't bother me in the least.
So far theres now laws around about posting on computer message boards.

Oh yeah did I say welcome to the truckingboards yet,fatjack?
I was typing so much here I forgot?

I have information from fleet svs. For right now they're already building 150 new Volvos and 50 new 9200 series Internationals (all with Cummins). They do have some "pilot" or test Macks and Sterlings out there, but I've heard nothing about buying them on a large scale for now. I am completely sure about the Volvos & Internationals.