TForce | Were getting macks and sterlings

Hey BusterNite you are a real funny man.
If my TM wants me to warm up my tractor anytime while I have to sit in my cab,in this up,and coming winter season,you better believe its going to be on HT,His Time,or maybe I should say UPS's time.

I'm still willing to come in a little early on my own time,and crank my city horse up to let it get warm,but only if I can sit in our drivers room,and not behind the steering wheel.

Hey BusterNite you are a real funny man.
If my TM wants me to warm up my tractor anytime while I have to sit in my cab,in this up,and coming winter season,you better believe its going to be on HT,His Time,or maybe I should say UPS's time.

I'm still willing to come in a little early on my own time,and crank my city horse up to let it get warm,but only if I can sit in our drivers room,and not behind the steering wheel.

Im sure if you want to change the rules, no one will notice.:hysterical:

Well the thing at my terminal.
Nobody wants to have to do all of these rules so they are always watching me their safety trainer with eagel eyes to see if I'm going to forget something.
If I slip up they can say well why do we have to do everthing when the safety trainer isn't doing it?

as it is some of my co-workers only put their vest on,or shut their tractors off when they see me around.

So if anyone at my terminal has to make sure he's doing everything required by our safety department its me!

FresnoBee.com Highway 99 Crash

I brought this here from a new post that was on the trucking accident forum.

We have blinding white-outs with the snow storms we northern drivers face every winter season.
But I can see fog is a real problem out on the west coast.
Whatever the conditions anywhere around this country they can turn deadly very fast if we professional types don't use our heads,and take it slow.
Or sometimes I think we'd all be a lot better off if we could just wait out the bad conditions.

There are really three things we should always keep in mind whenever we are driving.
FOCUS,FOCUS,FOCUS,keep your mind on whatever your doing at all times.

Where are all of these new tractors?
Are they coming to all the terminals,or just a chosen few?

Or is this just one more rumor like the contract?
We hear its coming but its actually no where in sight.

FresnoBee.com Highway 99 Crash

I brought this here from a new post that was on the trucking accident forum.

We have blinding white-outs with the snow storms we northern drivers face every winter season.
But I can see fog is a real problem out on the west coast.
Whatever the conditions anywhere around this country they can turn deadly very fast if we professional types don't use our heads,and take it slow.
Or sometimes I think we'd all be a lot better off if we could just wait out the bad conditions.

There are really three things we should always keep in mind whenever we are driving.
FOCUS,FOCUS,FOCUS,keep your mind on whatever your doing at all times.

This looks like everyday rush hour in CT.

Apost. It does take a little time to build tractors, but I have seen with my own eyes that ATL got at least 2 new Volvos. 1 day cab & 1 sleeper. Also, JAX got 1 new Volvo in the last few days. Just relax. They're coming.
Have a safe day!.........METAL

Lordy I can't believe that that there is some crazy stuff on the fuel.What has running out of fuel got to do with an chargeable accident??? I think that tight ship may be a little to tight.. Are you all sure about the Sterlings? I heard they were not going to make them anymore although I find that hard to believe since ABF and ConWay pretty much use them exclusively.
I almost forgot to you folk's in Indy "" Welcome to the Hood!!"" The Brother-hood that is the IBT..

We had several drivers recieve chargables for running out of fuel 3 years ago under Overnite. This is not a new policy. Under Overnite the managers had allot more discretion in what they reported. Also,I was told that we would only go away from Volvos only if Volvo did not agree to continue to put Cummins engines into the tractors. Volvo wanted to put Volvo engines into the tractors. I don't know if this issue was resolved.:ontopic:

We had several drivers recieve chargables for running out of fuel 3 years ago under Overnite. This is not a new policy. Under Overnite the managers had allot more discretion in what they reported. Also,I was told that we would only go away from Volvos only if Volvo did not agree to continue to put Cummins engines into the tractors. Volvo wanted to put Volvo engines into the tractors. I don't know if this issue was resolved.:ontopic:

I heard this issue was resolved and all trucks ordered will now have cummings, including volvo.

GT, don't give them any ideas!!!:nutkick:

came from a union steward in Salt Lake. He works for UPS and over heard management...So don't blame me if it becomes more than smoke blowin up your backside....Still just a rumor and all but it came from the otherside of the fence....

I was talking to our roving UPS Freight repair technician who comes to our terminal ever tuesday to take care of repairs written up on our vehicle reports.

He was saying the 18000 series Volvos are going to be sold off.
I have one that has almost 1 million 10,000 miles on the odometer.
Its still running very well.

But he said they are getting to old,and a lot of them are to costlly to repair,so they are on their way out.
I asked him if he knew what was going to re-place them?
He says he doesn't know.

Well for all the years I've worked for our company,I know for sure.
UPS won't give us new power units.
We city slugs always get the linehaul hand-me-downs.

I was talking to our roving UPS Freight repair technician who comes to our terminal ever tuesday to take care of repairs written up on our vehicle reports.

He was saying the 18000 series Volvos are going to be sold off.
I have one that has almost 1 million 10,000 miles on the odometer.
Its still running very well.

But he said they are getting to old,and a lot of them are to costlly to repair,so they are on their way out.
I asked him if he knew what was going to re-place them?
He says he doesn't know.

My volvo is so old that they will fix nothing that is not required to run it or pass a dot. 1,170,000 miles and the odometer hasn't worked in months, I just have to guess at the milage. I went to open the driver door the other day and the door handle fell off. I laughed hard at that one, it is falling apart. I still like driving it though, the field of vision is the best I have ever had, lots of glass, few obstructions. I will miss it when its gone, it is the only truck I have had since ovnt.

The last 18 series volvo that I drove I got when it was brand new and I put 1 million 60 thousand miles on it before they retired it to the city. My 11 series volvo I got when it was new and now have 910 thousand on it and still going strong. Im happy with it and don't mind putting another million miles on it.

Apo, you are 100% correct "O" would not give out new equipment to city drivers. I will guarantee UPS will give out city equipment. They have the money and it just makes economic sense. Look at Fedex, Conway, ABF, they all have city equipment. Why? Cheaper to buy, smaller motors-less fuel used, better handling-safer, save wear and tear on currently used road equipment, etc. Another way to look at this is we do not have enough used road equipment as it is. Our fleet is very old, thats why we are renting so many tractors.