FedEx Freight | what are other ltl carriers rate of pay?

What ever "Super Trucker". When you get in an accident you take pictures of the damage. If we get in an accident someone else has to identify the body. "City driver dies backing into a dock.. eye witness says driver was going at least 3mph." You lie to your friends and I'll lie to mine... but lets not lie to each other.

Are you that bad a driver?

RC where are you?

What Evar!

Are you that bad a driver?

RC where are you?

What Evar!

No ... but those guys making .25 a mile with 3 solid weeks of training running the same two lane road as me are. You know... the same ones that scared you back to the city.

No ... but those guys making .25 a mile with 3 solid weeks of training running the same two lane road as me are. You know... the same ones that scared you back to the city.
Or the cowboy o/o's that have been out for 2 months straight running multiple log books and pulling 20k over gross.

Joking around is one thing. This whole I'm better than you or my job class is better than your job class will only lead to insults and hurt feelings.

Guardrail

Joking around is one thing. This whole I'm better than you or my job class is better than your job class will only lead to insults and hurt feelings.

Guardrail

I'm a road driver. I sit on my feelings all day. Besides I like people who think their job is important, means they treat it that way. Find me someone who won't argue the importance of their job and I'll show you someone who doesn't care.

And I like your old avatar better. No more for me tonight...0200 comes way to early. Goodnight all. See you on the road Colopurple.

I'm a road driver. I sit on my feelings all day. Besides I like people who think their job is important, means they treat it that way. Find me someone who won't argue the importance of their job and I'll show you someone who doesn't care.

And I like your old avatar better. No more for me tonight...0200 comes way to early. Goodnight all. See you on the road Colopurple.

Have a goodnight and be careful you lazy road driver!

You could possibly blame the FedEx drivers attitude on FedEx itself. Even if you make all the goals they set, surpass all the goal & "win the trophy", you will have a meeting in which FedEx will spend 1 to 2 minutes max telling you thanks, followed by 15-20 minutes minimum telling you that's it's still not good enough. It's been going on for years, to the point that everyone knows your best will never be good enough, which has resulted in those meeting basically being meaningless to the employees.
For drivers/employees to never be satisfied with their pay, benefits, working condition, is just the employee adoption of the FedEx way.

Just something to keep in mind, as it contributes greatly to the Value placed on the skills we bring to the workplace:

Data reveals huge truck driver hiring gap

"That’s an indication many available truck driving jobs are likely remain open for extended periods of time, according to Ryan Hunt, corporate communications manager for CareerBuilder"

“This shows just how in demand drivers are,” noted David Bullins, east coast recruitment officer for truck driver jobs at NRS. “They can work for a company, and if they aren’t happy with the color of their tractor or the tone of a dispatcher, it is as easy as going down the street to pick up a new job.”

Please don't underestimate your value... It is extremely high, now, and for the forseeable future.

Just something to keep in mind, as it contributes greatly to the Value placed on the skills we bring to the workplace:

Data reveals huge truck driver hiring gap

"That’s an indication many available truck driving jobs are likely remain open for extended periods of time, according to Ryan Hunt, corporate communications manager for CareerBuilder"

“This shows just how in demand drivers are,” noted David Bullins, east coast recruitment officer for truck driver jobs at NRS. “They can work for a company, and if they aren’t happy with the color of their tractor or the tone of a dispatcher, it is as easy as going down the street to pick up a new job.”

Please don't underestimate your value... It is extremely high, now, and for the forseeable future.

Another outstanding article!!!

In 5 years, with the past raises FedEx has been giving us, we will be lucky to be getting $27.60 an hr. They need to up the pay scale in the next 5 years, if they plan on keeping some people from trying to bring in the union. I have worked for both, union and non union, and really could care less, as long as we continue to grow, and be the number 1 LTL in the industry, so pay us like we are number 1.

Well I guess if it’s the same pay across the US that’s being negotiated. It’s time for the urban to rural migration

Wow everybody calm down. Whoever started all this mess my job is harder then your job done a pretty good job stiring up crap.personaly i can speak on both sides i did both. Fact is both are hard i've done 19 years in city over 10 on road worked days and nights, nobody's job is harder then the other.i've had easy city runs and i've had hard city runs also i've had easy road runs and had hard road runs. Nobody on here is better then the other one without the other and this company will go under. This thread was about what other ltl carriers make compared to what we make. Fedex freight is the number 1 ltl carrier in the us today. Questions is why aren't we treated that way with pay and benifits.and most of all job sercurity.

Wow everybody calm down. Whoever started all this mess my job is harder then your job done a pretty good job stiring up crap.personaly i can speak on both sides i did both. Fact is both are hard i've done 19 years in city over 10 on road worked days and nights, nobody's job is harder then the other.i've had easy city runs and i've had hard city runs also i've had easy road runs and had hard road runs. Nobody on here is better then the other one without the other and this company will go under. This thread was about what other ltl carriers make compared to what we make. Fedex freight is the number 1 ltl carrier in the us today. Questions is why aren't we treated that way with pay and benifits.and most of all job sercurity.

Why? Because FedEx has become an investment company disguised at a trucking company. #1 mission statement Maximum return to shareholders. FedEx prides itself on getting the most out of us for the least cost, while sill providing adequate service. They spend quite a bit telling us how good we have it and preaching the team mantra. Back in the AF days (and presumably Watkins & Viking), they didn't have to tell us and remind us constantly, because it was the best organization and we KNEW it was the best. And because of that, we wanted to give 110% when needed. We were top shelf in (non-union) pay and (especially) treatment. Oh, and the customers seemed to be loyal as well...

Why? Because FedEx has become an investment company disguised at a trucking company. #1 mission statement Maximum return to shareholders. FedEx prides itself on getting the most out of us for the least cost, while sill providing adequate service. They spend quite a bit telling us how good we have it and preaching the team mantra. Back in the AF days (and presumably Watkins & Viking), they didn't have to tell us and remind us constantly, because it was the best organization and we KNEW it was the best. And because of that, we wanted to give 110% when needed. We were top shelf in (non-union) pay and (especially) treatment. Oh, and the customers seemed to be loyal as well...

I hate to brake this to you, but their job isn't to employ as many drivers as possible either.