FedEx Freight | What would YOU do to make FXF better?

Nothing better than working 8 hrs and as soon as your about to get some OT, your thrown a 13 mile run that has to be logged. This is a great way to boost employee morale!!! Never had a job where you drive down the street and it's considered a road run.
If they set the run at, for example, 30 minutes and due to whatever reason, it takes you 55 minutes, you can turn in to the SCM for mileage pay plus the additional 25 minutes it actually took you. Not the same as 1.5 pay but helps a little.

Nothing better than working 8 hrs and as soon as your about to get some OT, your thrown a 13 mile run that has to be logged. This is a great way to boost employee morale!!! Never had a job where you drive down the street and it's considered a road run.
Sheesh, would it make you feel better if they called you a street driver? Personally I'd rather be a line driver, cause then I could get on down that white line and maybe do a......

Ill tell you whats some b.s. part time dock counts towards company seniority. We are bidding vacation in SBN and people that started out part time and just became drivers in the last few years bid before people that hired as drivers.
since when did this start ? this is new

fartknocker said:
Ill tell you whats some b.s. part time dock counts towards company seniority. We are bidding vacation in SBN and people that started out part time and just became drivers in the last few years bid before people that hired as drivers.

Part timers have no seniority. If they are DDC then their full time status counts.

CaptainKirk said:
If they set the run at, for example, 30 minutes and due to whatever reason, it takes you 55 minutes, you can turn in to the SCM for mileage pay plus the additional 25 minutes it actually took you. Not the same as 1.5 pay but helps a little.

Thanks for the info! This will definitely be used!

Only for runs under fifty miles. Don't be surprised if you encounter some resistance when you try to claim it. Your supervisor has to submit a special request to make it happen.

HILLBILLY said:
Part timers have no seniority. If they are DDC then their full time status counts.

Thats not how they are doing it. This guy is probably in the bottom 10 on the city board,but probably between 16-20 in company seniority in the city. I dont even think he was a driver until after Fedex bought Watkins. Its messed up!

1.Bring back the safety awards program 2. bring back the fleece pullovers, they kept us warm in the winter.. 3. Do away with the stupid messages on the intermec

1.Bring back the safety awards program 2. bring back the fleece pullovers, they kept us warm in the winter.. 3. Do away with the stupid messages on the intermec
Too bad we couldn't get rid of the whole program on the Intermec and the people who made it.

Richard Cranium said:
Sheesh, would it make you feel better if they called you a street driver? Personally I'd rather be a line driver, cause then I could get on down that white line and maybe do a......

I don't care about what it's called, just keep it on the clock and quit nickel and dimin everybody.

stop blowing smoke up new hires asses in interviews ,from drivers being told they will be right in a truck,or bosses being told they will be on a 10 hour average day ect.. they pour honey in peoples ears then wonder why people are confused and or unhappy down the road,not to even start on the hiring of bosses to oversee loading of trailers that have never been on a dock or a forklift,i will run out of space here,, gotta stop. oh one more,give us a set of rules to count on that is not changed without notice before the freakin ink dries.... just my two cents.

folks working off the clock don't get hurt you will be told no workers comp plus if you file you could be told you violated log book and be dqed you want to make this place better listen to experience make leaders on the dock load the freight right city and linehaul don't put lifgate freight on a regular trailer and then have someone to meet them to get freight delivered.One more thing National drivers did not have a choice to be here we were told we were going to be merged and we would be dovetailed no choice other than to quit so get over it it is done