FedEx Freight | What would YOU do to make FXF better?

I hope upper management are reading this.

First redo the yearly surveys we fill out to apply to upper management. Example-If we rated something low local management take it personally. The questions are set up in a way that we are only evaluating what management wants us to evaluate on, not what we see or we are directing it to a certain problem.

Second upper management have everything set up with numbers on the computers to use as a way to evaluate all aspects of the companies performance.
I understand that there has to be a way to see how it is performing BUT they need to look at some new ideas or ways of doing these procedures because right now some of these evaluations are just out of touch with the actual performance of day-to-day operations.

Third, Just an idea but on shuttle runs why not have a shuttledriver go into hub load his load his two trailer. What upper management does not seen is that isa performance driven idea. The driver will be driven harder to get the freight loaded. Make him accountable for damages on these two trailers. And this is where upper management comes in. Give them additional support needed by having plenty of extra help on dock. Seems to sample but would be a much better system.

Just my idea anyway.

:stirthepot::drama: Get rid of all the management bozo's that came from Conway. If Conway was such a great company then why did you leave? Get rid of all the district managers who don't have any freight experience, just because they have a college degree in economics doesn't mean they know how to load a truck. Promote from within. Some of these people they have in upper management were hired right off the street. Listen to your employee's. Go back to taking care of your customers. They are the reason you have a company. This is a freight company treat it as such, not a package delivery company, quit trying to make us into UPS. Strive to be different not the same as your competitor. Take pride in your employee's and not in your exploits to make yourself look good. Everyone recognizes the Fedex name and thinks its a grand company to work for. Could have been a great company to work for if they had kept some of the old freight people from AF and Viking instead of running them off. Treat your employee's with respect, not just some number.

redracer3368 said:
:stirthepot::drama: Get rid of all the management bozo's that came from Conway. If Conway was such a great company then why did you leave? Get rid of all the district managers who don't have any freight experience, just because they have a college degree in economics doesn't mean they know how to load a truck. Promote from within. Some of these people they have in upper management were hired right off the street. Listen to your employee's. Go back to taking care of your customers. They are the reason you have a company. This is a freight company treat it as such, not a package delivery company, quit trying to make us into UPS. Strive to be different not the same as your competitor. Take pride in your employee's and not in your exploits to make yourself look good. Everyone recognizes the Fedex name and thinks its a grand company to work for. Could have been a great company to work for if they had kept some of the old freight people from AF and Viking instead of running them off. Treat your employee's with respect, not just some number.

Ill go along with that,except for the district manager part. Its not their job to load trucks,they dont need to know how.

Robert Paulson said:
stop blowing smoke up new hires asses in interviews ,from drivers being told they will be right in a truck,or bosses being told they will be on a 10 hour average day ect.. they pour honey in peoples ears then wonder why people are confused and or unhappy down the road,not to even start on the hiring of bosses to oversee loading of trailers that have never been on a dock or a forklift,i will run out of space here,, gotta stop. oh one more,give us a set of rules to count on that is not changed without notice before the freakin ink dries.... just my two cents.

I was gonna go off about what I was told and what I actually do. Let's just say, NOT ONE THING WAS TRUE!!! From the time I start, to the work I do, and even to the place I work. I've always heard about the lies, but thought they were just exaggerated. NOT HERE BUDDY!!! Lesson learned!! Everyday that goes by is just a day closer to the inevitable, finding a new job! Just wonder how much money is lost by people getting trained and as soon as the payoff comes for FedEx they quit! I guess a few thousand dollars to a multi-million dollar company is pocket change so it doesn't really make a difference.

NOTHING we do or say will change the minds or attitudes of the higher, middle and lower management in this company, Why? because they all think they are the best thing that ever happened to Fed, they, like some of us run scared of loosing their job and last, they don't know or don't care how to do the job right. I have spoken to some in management who still trust some of us drivers. Their attitudes are the same as some of us peons. They're here for a paycheck, they don't give a damn anymore/don't care, as soon as they can they'll be looking for work elsewhere, where they are better trained and treated better and where they don't live in constant fear of getting chewed at for things beyond their control. Corporations are a "money making machine first, second and last, and they only take care of the investors, stockholders, CEO'S, CFO'S,COO'S." This is just a job!!

NOTHING we do or say will change the minds or attitudes of the higher, middle and lower management in this company, Why? because they all think they are the best thing that ever happened to Fed, they, like some of us run scared of loosing their job and last, they don't know or don't care how to do the job right. I have spoken to some in management who still trust some of us drivers. Their attitudes are the same as some of us peons. They're here for a paycheck, they don't give a damn anymore/don't care, as soon as they can they'll be looking for work elsewhere, where they are better trained and treated better and where they don't live in constant fear of getting chewed at for things beyond their control. Corporations are a "money making machine first, second and last, and they only take care of the investors, stockholders, CEO'S, CFO'S,COO'S." This is just a job!!

Just in case you want to read drool's post without eye strain.

Guardrail

I can't believe some people think we aren't paid well. Ten years ago I was working in a foundry pouring molten aluminum. Now THAT is some hard work. I made $11/hr. Five years ago I was OTR making 29 cents/mile. And only getting home once a month.

Danthrax said:
I can't believe some people think we aren't paid well. Ten years ago I was working in a foundry pouring molten aluminum. Now THAT is some hard work. I made $11/hr. Five years ago I was OTR making 29 cents/mile. And only getting home once a month.

We are paid well compared to other jobs. We are underpaid for LTL,maybe not mileage but hourly for sure. Unless you live in the higher wage market,where they have to appease people in Union towns.

We are paid well compared to other jobs. We are underpaid for LTL,maybe not mileage but hourly for sure. Unless you live in the higher wage market,where they have to appease people in Union towns.

Thats rite 60 miles south of our center they get 1.00 more an hour and couple pennies a mile more so,just another tactic to divide the workforce at fedex frt as far as i am concerned

Keep thinking that way and you'll do just like the auto workers and union truckers, price yourself right out of a job.

See all that new equipment rolling down the highway with fedex on the side? It ain't free. Ask a YRC driver when the last time he drove a new truck.

Why do you think fedex is using all the pt? They do it cheaper. Don't you think fedex would get rid of you if they could get the job done the same way for less? In a heartbeat. It's all about profit. Better be glad you get what you do. It's OK to want more. There is a fine line between wanting to better you position in life and being greedy. Just because another company makes more, doesn't mean it's a better paying job.

Guardrail--Xoomin'

Guardrail said:
Keep thinking that way and you'll do just like the auto workers and union truckers, price yourself right out of a job.

See all that new equipment rolling down the highway with fedex on the side? It ain't free. Ask a YRC driver when the last time he drove a new truck.

Why do you think fedex is using all the pt? They do it cheaper. Don't you think fedex would get rid of you if they could get the job done the same way for less? In a heartbeat. It's all about profit. Better be glad you get what you do. It's OK to want more. There is a fine line between wanting to better you position in life and being greedy. Just because another company makes more, doesn't mean it's a better paying job.

Guardrail--Xoomin'

Greedy? We havent a a raise in a few years,except to get us all at the same rate pre-merger. I cant price myself out of a job when I have no say in my wage. I think a .60 raise this year would do the trick,if a median wage of around $23.00 an hour is greedy then count me in! Thats more then some,and still less than others. Im glad I have your blessing to want more though,thank you soooo much!

Guardrail said:
I'm sure the out of work auto workers had the same attitude. Good luck to ya'.

What do you find so offensive about wanting a decent raise? We havent even had a cost of living raise in years. The Purple Pride isnt enough for all of us.

Last edited by a moderator:
Now they can not or will never be able to get steady service out of PT. All that bull**** about PT taking our jobs is crazy. You can never hire a contractor to give a ****. That's a fact look at Fedex ground.