TForce | When I came from the union to OVNT.I saw little discipline

You guys are too funny..

I love posting on this board.
Its very entertaining posting my thoughts to such interesting people in the trucking game.

Some of you posters are real comedians.

One of my favorite bible verses is (Proverbs 17:22) A merry heart doeth good like a medicine,but a broken spirit dryth the bones.

In or everyday language it means:Its good medicine to be happy, where as depression will eventualy kill you.

Most of you posters on these trucking boards should live to a very old age with your happy out looks on life.

Apostolic said:
I love posting on this board.
Its very entertaining posting my thoughts to such interesting people in the trucking game.

Some of you posters are real comedians.

One of my favorite bible verses is (Proverbs 17:22) A merry heart doeth good like a medicine,but a broken spirit dryth the bones.

In or everyday language it means:Its good medicine to be happy, where as depression will eventualy kill you.

Most of you posters on these trucking boards should live to a very old age with your happy out looks on life.

Copy that !
You ain't gonna last long at this job if you don't have a good sense of humor .

wassesname said:
here again i hope i didnt offend anyone but if you want discipline, it would all be spelled out in a contract.

But that same contract will raise up our performance standards to those of UPS .
I'm too old to work under a stopwatch !!!

b.o.b....maybee you can get a contract that keeps you at overnite standards. you will meet UPS standards, contract or not.

How about have the Teamsters send out post cards?

Or the company or both .
Let them take a union organizing survey.

See once,and for all if theres enough interest by a majority of UPS Freight employees to continue bugging use to join up?

The Teamsters may find its a waste of time pestering us to become union members.

At least in the privacy of our own homes we would truely write what we think.

You always get more accurate results when your not being intimidated by anyone.

Just a thought?

Because whats being accomplished by going around,and around with union,and non-union talk?

Apostolic said:
Or the company or both .
Let them take a union organizing survey.

See once,and for all if theres enough interest by a majority of UPS Freight employees to continue bugging use to join up?

The Teamsters may find its a waste of time pestering us to become union members.

At least in the privacy of our own homes we would truely write what we think.

You always get more accurate results when your not being intimidated by anyone.

Just a thought?

Because whats being accomplished by going around,and around with union,and non-union talk?

Apostolic, First of all, the purpose of a union card check is to see if there is enough interest in becoming Teamsters. 50%+1 vote is enough to consider a favorable position for the union.

If memory serves me correctly, it isn't the Teamsters pestering anyone this time , but instead, your very own coworkers questioning the need to organize. We are just here offering suggestions and giving advice about the world we live in verses the world you live in outside the union.

Even with a majority in favor, if these results made it to Suggs or McKenzie, do you actually think they would honestly tell you that the majority of UPSF workers wanted a union? No Way JOSE!

There is only one way to do this legally. That is to either sign a check card in favor of the union, or not sign one one, in favor of continuing the status quo you have now.

Animo916 do you think that the union would tell the truth that the majority of Upsf didn't want representation. No I don't think so! Everything that most teamsters say about the union is good, but I know better and know what some of them arer capable of doing and I know first hand not here say! I think that if we wanted to go union that they would already be on the gates and you know this, so where 's the support it's not here!

An the union has to prove that a majority of the workers want the Union in, Misfit. They cant just walk up and say, 50% plus 1 want us in, lets negotiate.
Think before posting such nonsence.

krash said:
An the union has to prove that a majority of the workers want the Union in, Misfit. They cant just walk up and say, 50% plus 1 want us in, lets negotiate.
Think before posting such nonsence.

krash, I can't say for sure but I highly doubt that would happen. There must be some verification process built into the system

I see you all missunderstood me..

All the union ,non-union debatting we do on these trucking boards amongest ourselves.

I thought just maybe there would be a way that our intire company could voice our feelings either way of our thoughts,for or against organizing.
If it turns out that more want the Teamsters to represent UPS Freight I'm sure the parent UPS would be open for discussions with the union on how they would go about bring us into the brotherhood.
But if there isn't enough interest for organizing than we could just talk trucker talk,without being put down for not wanting Teamster representation.

I gave it some more thought today,on how to arrive at a means for a survey of such a nature.

Post cards would be costly.

Maybe a page,or link on the upsers website,that all employees could voice their opinions,one way or another.
Not just a vote but also a few word comments on their opinions.

So now do you all see where I'm coming from?

Apostolic,
Yes, we see your point....however, any poll, online or via postcards, isn't the legal requirement needed to have an election......signing Union cards is. Heck, there have been polls right here and we've all seen "mysterious one-time posters" vote in favor of remaining at the mercy of Leo, never to be heard from again.
Misfit even believes that the Teamsters just have to say "Hey, Dept. Of Labor, we've got enough support to have an election"........not true.......the thruth is the cards will have to be signed....it's the only way.

A. what costs more, a post card or produceing a 7 min. dvd and sending it to the house along with a warning letter i might add?