XPO | Where is our freight

Put an XPO loaded wagon on display for the public and you'd be completely out of business.

Probably...but keep in mind that the OD cut away trailer in their commercial is 'show model perfect', not reality if you went to one of their re-ships and saw how their trailers are truly loaded now a days .Why? cause they not only got our good freight, but they also got all our ugly trash freight too. lol

Probably...but keep in mind that the OD cut away trailer in their commercial is 'show model perfect', not reality if you went to one of their re-ships and saw how their trailers are truly loaded now a days .Why? cause they not only got our good freight, but they also got all our ugly trash freight too. lol

Lol we're a little more choosy than that... I've seen some crappy looking loads but by far I have never seen a more professionally loaded trailer than some of the loads I've seen sitting at an OD dock waiting to be shut down.

Lol we're a little more choosy than that... I've seen some crappy looking loads but by far I have never seen a more professionally loaded trailer than some of the loads I've seen sitting at an OD dock waiting to be shut down.
Our here in California Con-Way is much bigger than us so I don't see has taking a big chunk of freight.Also we won't haul cheap freight.We've never tried to get into a bidding war.Don't think we'll haul it now unless it's the right price.

If u loaded freight you know would not ride well or be damaged that is your fault, that was your choice, we do not have to load freight that will be damaged just to get cube, you might have to **** some fos's off but for drivers to continue to load like :::shit::: is part of the problem

What about casual labor working for $11.90 per hour?

How do you know that? Can you back it up with credible links, facts, or a well reasoned opinion?

If they don't want LTL, why did they spend 3 billion on the French outfit?
NORBERT DENTRESSANGLE was bought to put XPO in the top 10 global 3pl's. It is not just some french ltl. They were buying up other 3pls before XPO bought them. With the purchase of Menlo, it put them at #6.

ND truck have been rebranded and their drivers have uniforms that say XPO. This was done within months of their buyout. Our uniforms, trucks, and buildings still say Conway. Many of our customers still don't know that we are now XPO.

A good friend of mine used to run linehaul for OD.. One day, I just happened to mention something about sub-service and he got confused.. After explaining it, he just couldn't believe it. "Your company is made up of truck drivers isn't it?" was one of the follow up questions. It was a little embarrassing.

As far as I know, all OD freight moves on OD equipment.. I could be wrong.

99.96% of all freight moves on od trucks 2015

ND truck have been rebranded and their drivers have uniforms that say XPO. This was done within months of their buyout. Our uniforms, trucks, and buildings still say Conway. Many of our customers still don't know that we are now XPO.

There are still a ton of shippers calling it CCX, CWX, CSE, etc. That's been over for a DECADE now.

Why would somebody want to buy it now after xpo has took the most profitable part Menlo out. Nobody will want to pay enough to buy it anyway just like truckload. He could just maintain the fleet at current size or smaller and just give excess freight to other carriers.

I also think that the way that OD is doing things {keeping the sub-service out of their operation} shows extreme loyalty to their own drivers.
:1036316054:

Goes way deeper than driver loyalty... A critical component to profitability is to eliminate damage claims... Every additional time a shipment gets handled, the higher the likelihood of damage... the more often a shipment gets swung, the higher the claims rate goes. Combine that with the fact that sub-service carriers usually do not have safe-stack trailers, and the insistence to maximize trailer cube and damage is inevitable... 60 Million $$ plus per year in damage claims tends to hurt the bottom line big time.

OD barn where I'm at recently took on a former Con-way account... While being hauled by Con-way, the OR for this account was approx. $1.35 -- For every dollar in revenue, it cost Con-way $1.35 to cover the damage claims (which were due primarily to sub-service moves). We (OD) have been hauling this damage sensitive freight for going on 2 months now and have had only 1 damage claim... Primary reason: We don't use sub-service carriers

I know this because I bailed on XPO/Con-way immediately after the purchase...

Goes way deeper than driver loyalty... A critical component to profitability is to eliminate damage claims... Every additional time a shipment gets handled, the higher the likelihood of damage... the more often a shipment gets swung, the higher the claims rate goes. Combine that with the fact that sub-service carriers usually do not have safe-stack trailers, and the insistence to maximize trailer cube and damage is inevitable... 60 Million $$ plus per year in damage claims tends to hurt the bottom line big time.

OD barn where I'm at recently took on a former Con-way account... While being hauled by Con-way, the OR for this account was approx. $1.35 -- For every dollar in revenue, it cost Con-way $1.35 to cover the damage claims (which were due primarily to sub-service moves). We (OD) have been hauling this damage sensitive freight for going on 2 months now and have had only 1 damage claim... Primary reason: We don't use sub-service carriers

I know this because I bailed on XPO/Con-way immediately after the purchase...
Like I have said , a damage free day , week , month , year , would pay for itself. The investment in overtime , personnel , equipment , change in culture - whatever's needed (within reason) would immediately payoff in the bottom line , and with happy customers.

Why XPO/Con-Way continues to do the same things and expect a different result is baffling and the definition of insanity.

Like I have said , a damage free day , week , month , year , would pay for itself. The investment in overtime , personnel , equipment , change in culture - whatever's needed (within reason) would immediately payoff in the bottom line , and with happy customers.

Why XPO/Con-Way continues to do the same things and expect a different result is baffling and the definition of insanity.
Perhaps 'Dr. J' should pay an incognito visit to some 'damage rich' FAC's...just to get an up close and personal view. Just walk the dock a couple of times. He'll see soon enough.

I don't know what's going on with LTL down there, but up here in Canada there seems to be plenty of freight for everyone. Only carriers I'm seeing less of are TL carriers.