FedEx Freight | Who's Buying Watkins this week????

watkins buyout

I think if Watkins is not getting bought out then the owners need to put out a public statment telling everyone to shut up it is not happening. A couple of terminal managers that I know have slipped up and said somethings indicating that there is something in the works. I know the one said that we should know an answer to the buyout question by the end of this week or the first of next week. I personally hope that they do get bought out by a company that is good to their drivers. The terminal manager at the location I work with sucks. He have lost many accounts that other sales reps got because he thinks his accounts are more important than anyone elses. He treats all drivers like crap. The city hourly drivers he has cut them back to not even getting 40 hours a week. He is making those hours up by making the contractors work more hours. The contractors aren't making any money either becuase any weight that the terminal gets in that would amount to a good hit for a contractor they will give it to the city driver. So basically the city drivers are getting all of the weight and less hours which equals less money and the contractors are getting less weight and more hours which equals less money. It sounds to me like at this terminal a buyout would be wonderful because maybe they would get rid of the ass hole in charge of it and everyone would be making money and everyone would be happy. I have heard that this is not happening at the other terminals. :chairshot:(this is what it feels like at the terminal I have experience with. the little red guy holding the chair is the terminal manager and the little blue guy is the drivers/)

Savory Rumors don`t fill you up!

It has been a week since I got on here to read what everyone thinks or thought was going to happen. It is great to go though page after page of "I heard this" or " I hear that". Guys and gals I have news for you that you have probably heard before........

The only people who know have the last name Watkins. They will only tell when it is announced by FedEx or whoever does by Us. They will not tell ANYONE if they do they could serve time in the federal pin for insider info.
Also you know what I keep seeing and hearing? Everyone saying how BAD it will be. I LOVE working for Watkins but who is to say we cannot continue to keep the part we all love and care about alive at Watkins once it changes hands?:bgroovy:
If there is one thing I learned from meeting the family time and time again is "we treat our employees with Dignity and Respect" If something does happen then they will try to continue to honor that motto when they do sale!:biglaugh:

And as for all the big announcements it was funny to know the whole time that was just the normal DM and RVP Meetings. This week is Bbulk TM meetings. Do you think the family will tell one of these people first? NO!!! It will be on Yahoo Financial or FEDEX website as public knowledge.

Finally I do believe things will change and by this time next month we will see some major changes, some of which have taken place already and some are in the process. Even if we are the same company in a month we will see know focused directions to improve the company we all have....

Thanks goodnight and god bless!

(sorry so long winded)

I really wish we were getting bought out by Starbucks so I could quit drinking the **** poor coffee we have at the terminal. I call it "trucker coffee" Cause only a true Freight Man or Trucker can drink it every day without turning his head alittle like he had a sip of some white lightning!!!

clyde sounds to me like your contridecting your self about people who have heard this or heard that , but you believe we will see major changes by next month . whats up with that.

The Clown said:
Hey LTLSANTA
The Clown is in!!!! When is this rumor
going to have a funeral?? I am in.
the whole Green and Gold me!!!!!

HaHaHa...The Clown has finally spoken:tribehasspoken: Hale all Cheeseheads...:bowdown: I heard that its time to circle the wagons...I also heard the the Green & Gold are buying WML...

(:Rulz: We don't need no stink"n:Rulz:)

dlogston said:
I think if Watkins is not getting bought out then the owners need to put out a public statment telling everyone to shut up it is not happening. A couple of terminal managers that I know have slipped up and said somethings indicating that there is something in the works. I know the one said that we should know an answer to the buyout question by the end of this week or the first of next week. [\QUOTE]

My experience shows me that TM's don't know jack about things like this, but hey I could be wrong.

Right Turn Clyde said:
It has been a week since I got on here to read what everyone thinks or thought was going to happen. It is great to go though page after page of "I heard this" or " I hear that". Guys and gals I have news for you that you have probably heard before........

The only people who know have the last name Watkins. They will only tell when it is announced by FedEx or whoever does by Us. They will not tell ANYONE if they do they could serve time in the federal pin for insider info.
Also you know what I keep seeing and hearing? Everyone saying how BAD it will be. I LOVE working for Watkins but who is to say we cannot continue to keep the part we all love and care about alive at Watkins once it changes hands?:bgroovy:
If there is one thing I learned from meeting the family time and time again is "we treat our employees with Dignity and Respect" If something does happen then they will try to continue to honor that motto when they do sale!:biglaugh:

And as for all the big announcements it was funny to know the whole time that was just the normal DM and RVP Meetings. This week is Bbulk TM meetings. Do you think the family will tell one of these people first? NO!!! It will be on Yahoo Financial or FEDEX website as public knowledge.

Finally I do believe things will change and by this time next month we will see some major changes, some of which have taken place already and some are in the process. Even if we are the same company in a month we will see know focused directions to improve the company we all have....

Thanks goodnight and god bless!

(sorry so long winded)

I have heard that Watkins is mostly owner operators local and short line. Is that true?

Skeeter...that is basically true. Watkins utilizes "Contractors". Those contractors may or may not drive and may have one or more tractors. There are company drivers too. At my terminal, I believe we have 10 contract drivers and 2 company drivers.

ltlsanta said:
HaHaHa...The Clown has finally spoken:tribehasspoken: Hale all Cheeseheads...:bowdown: I heard that its time to circle the wagons...I also heard the the Green & Gold are buying WML...

(:Rulz: We don't need no stink"n:Rulz:)
watkins is 60/40, 60 being company drivers

hammerhead said:
watkins is 60/40, 60 being company drivers
Watins is 60/40 company driver to contractor in Line Haul, although we are proably contractor heavy in P& D. I don't know what those numbers are for sure

If!!!!!!!!! fedex is going to buy watkins I think any announcment will be held off until the beginning of the new physical year.(JUNE 1) Why give the accounting department more gray hairs throwing this in at the end of the Qtr and Year? I'm not trying to draaaaaaag this out just my 2 cents.

FXCITY said:
If!!!!!!!!! fedex is going to buy watkins I think any announcment will be held off until the beginning of the new physical year.(JUNE 1) Why give the accounting department more gray hairs throwing this in at the end of the Qtr and Year? I'm not trying to draaaaaaag this out just my 2 cents.

din ding ding... we have a winner... more likely the deal has to do with (X+Y)* 20 years profit( based on the prior year). I have 100 truck stop bucks on the first week in june. By the way BIR lost a 761,000$ account last week based on this rumor. ...chip, clay, mike, and john are gonna let that money walk over a rumor?? Cindy Hedgepath CAM terminal manager left over this rumor. Jack Dietz... BIR/OPL/MTG manager is looking at going to Estes based on this rumor... and nothing is said to quell it?
DONE DEAL FOLKS!!.. first week in june, any takers?.. as is stated on the prior page, it is for the best. The company died with the old man. WAI is a way to funnel off money and screw supervisors out of their bonus, and deny medical claims to the employees..... funk that!:tribehasspoken: :tribehasspoken:

Well SHOP...makes sense to me. That also seems to be the rumor of the week too. Also...as for company drivers/contractors...I understand from a good source that its about 80% contractors/20% company. Most all long haul are contractors and major portion of P&D drivers are contractors.

FXCITY, I heard the same rumor today as well. June 1. Watkins Continental Express.
or Fedex Continental Express. LTLSanta, where are you and The Clown been hiding???
Suej, its about a 60-40 split, depending on what location you are at.

hello bigfreedom...I think about this time of the night the clown is enjoying a few brewski's...i don't drink anymore darn it...me i just got back from a mc ride :cool: & am about to watch a movie...peace all