FedEx Freight | Who's Buying Watkins this week????

FedEx has a legal obligation not to disclose a major buy or sell without informing the SEC, who may even stop trading in their stock until full details are disclosed.

Watkins has whatever obligation FedEx puts in their terms of purchase. More than one big sale has gone bust from being disclosed before the buyer met their SEC obligations.

Famous Last Words... "Sources Say"

I can't wait till this thing is dead and buried and Jane Roberts... The Memphis Moron Reporter has been sent off in disgrace.

Let me paraphrase a little... We heard a rumor, we asked the two parties involved if it is true and they didn't respond so we printed it as fact...:duh:

Ever heard this method used before by the butthead liberal media???

This sounds like it's right out of the "what's wrong now - I don't know but it's Bush's fault crowd".

Irresponsible Reporting allmost to the point of libel and causing a lot of good people grief in the process.

It is probable just her way of saying that since no one will talk to her, she will force them to say something.

I can't wait.. I just can't wait!!!:biglaugh:

Done

which part of this don't u get?...rumors started a year ago...DHL.. no denial, just rumors!! Settles down for 7 months.. then my wife (whom works for UPS/Spherion) comes home and says "your working for the competition?" ...I said what?????????? she said "that is what I hear" (she works at UPS HDQ in alpharettea GA. ((near north point mall)). It is all done but the signiture on the check!! ............I would say go out and buy stock, but we are a flea on their nuttts.. we netted 1,095,000,000$ last year.. they netted 100,560,200,000$ .. that is a helll of alot more zero's 1 bill vs. 100 bill..... Lets just hope for the best.... MAYBE WE CAN ALL BEAT THE UPS/YRC guys... we are on the fedax team now

sure rose ann forsberg sent that letter.... but the last thing the watkins boys want is for the deal to fall through they lose a few billion........can you say...... organized labor???

Shop....
If you wife works for ......excuse me for saying this....THE DARK SIDE! Then maybe I will have to talk to you if they axe off any Watkins guys! joking I think we are all pretty safe when it does happen.
Especially if you....I am guessing by the name...work in a shop. Good shop employees are hard to find in this business.

trucker4cf said:
they are privately owned....so they have an obligation to talk to their employees first. I can not believe it hit the papers. Someone has loose lips and i am sure the source will be available to the industry on monday.

I am not a lawyer and it has been many years, but if I remember right when Roadway bought Viking it was all over the place and the stock rose like crazy.

The only ones that were actually restricted from trading were officers of both companies, but it was only a matter of hours before the stock was frozen.

Things may have changed since then but I do not believe that there is any obligation by management to notify anyone. The board will assemble and either approve or disapprove the sale and then it goes before the SEC and if they approve it goes through.

dlogston said:
A couple of terminal managers that I know have slipped up and said somethings indicating that there is something in the works. I know the one said that we should know an answer to the buyout question by the end of this week or the first of next week. I personally hope that they do get bought out by a company that is good to their drivers. The terminal manager at the location I work with sucks. He have lost many accounts that other sales reps got because he thinks his accounts are more important than anyone elses. He treats all drivers like crap. The city hourly drivers he has cut them back to not even getting 40 hours a week. He is making those hours up by making the contractors work more hours. The contractors aren't making any money either becuase any weight that the terminal gets in that would amount to a good hit for a contractor they will give it to the city driver. So basically the city drivers are getting all of the weight and less hours which equals less money and the contractors are getting less weight and more hours which equals less money. It sounds to me like at this terminal a buyout would be wonderful because maybe they would get rid of the ass hole in charge of it and everyone would be making money and everyone would be happy. I have heard that this is not happening at the other terminals. :chairshot:(this is what it feels like at the terminal I have experience with. the little red guy holding the chair is the terminal manager and the little blue guy is the drivers/)
:nutkick: ...................:holysheep: ..................................:stupid:

If anyone would like to contact the writer for the article that starts with FEDEX is and changes to IF... She can be reached via email and phone. Maybe she can give us all some details has to her source and some facts so that we know what to look forward to. I guess SHE has all the answers

Jane Roberts
[email protected]
(901) 529-2512

No clyde, I just like to shop....LOL. Great handle you have, but one of eastwoods more forgetable works. Man he did some bad stuff in the early 80's... think bronco billy was the worst of them though. Yes the wife does work for the brown frown, better be okay with the union BS if u go to the dark side though :(

No legal obligation to notify the workers of anything... until it is a done deal... just like the financial reporting, the dispatch (company paper) comes out with all these numbers, but a privately held company can "cook" them to say whatever they want, or even not disclose them at all. Only the IRS knows the real #'s.

Geeezzzzz....go easy on the writer from theledger deede.
if you notice the IF comes from an outside source....that being a transportation analyst in Pittsburgh offering HIS thoughts on the buyout...
Although i can understand everyone's concern in this matter as i have been through this more than once in this ever changing world of trucking and the consolidation and buyouts and closuers i do agree its a lousy position to be in with the economy the way it is and what will happen to those that are employed by WML.
Cause it really sucks to start all over again in this industry today.
ood luck to all know matter what happens...

Ledger Joins in Libel

** I have also started a thread on the Ledger Forum that includes portions of this post for anyone who is interested ***

Of all the articles I have read in the Ledger over the years, the one written by Jane Roberts for the Sunday, May 21st edition is by far the worst.

Couple that with the fact that the Ledger Editor's selected an unconfirmed RUMOR to be on the front page and be represented as a fact "FedEx Corp. is buying Lakeland-based Watkins Motor Lines " is particularly disturbing.

There are many people in Lakeland that depend on Watkins as a source of income and will be greatly unnerved over this potentially libelous article.

The LTL Trucking Business is a very competitive one and for for an article like this to be published and ditributed NATIONWIDE WILL cause some people to leave their jobs or at the very least be concerned for their future.

Customers will be lost in some cases due to an action like this one.

This means LOST REVENUE that cannot be recovered.

The Watkins family has too much CLASS to respond to this kind of assault because it only makes them look bad in the process but I really wish they could.

Watkins is a great Company and has served the Community well over the years.

Even if the Rumor eventually shows some basis in fact, there is still no reason to stir things up before something happens.

No need to sensationalize a RUMOR just to try and sell papers.

Come on Ledger Editors... As the article said, they received NO CONFIRMATION of this RUMOR so how do you then publish this as a fact??

PS : My money is on NO FEDEX Buyout!!

I wonder how many copies of the paper were tossed on the tables in the breakrooms of both companies this mornin. The Ledger in Lakeland had no response from The Watkins so to speak maybe the unheard of has happened and the buyout is not rumor. Business is hurting for this, I mean no response from the family. Losing customers and employees is not good business for anyone.

ceo4mom said:
Big question now is Where Have All The Know It All's Gone that just knew it was a "Done Deal"?? :bgroovy:

They must be :nutkick: themselves now since the wave has rolled over and there is no shore to crash on.:biglaugh:

When wil they ever learn that I will be the only one who ever buys this place so when I start talking you can take it to the Investment Bank!!!:cool:

Better Luck Next Time!!!

The Paper says that the announcement will be on June 1st , so I am still saying it is a done deal .

i do not have her blood type... but i also know that she was out of Memphis not Lakeland..... the ledger just took an article that had been posted saturday in Memphis. the email and phone i listed were for the Memphis paper.... I could get blood type i if needed. no need to background check that far. I am very good at this kind of stuff.