XPO | XCO Trying to Organize

would you support a union at con way

• yes

Votes: 98 68.1%
  • no

Votes: 46 31.9%

• Total voters
You guys are getting riled up from a post placed on here by a guy who has already been busted by the site owner as having 2 TB accounts. If the company closed it's doors this morning, many of you who cry about the company screwing you over would be scrambling to find a job that pays a fraction of what your current job pays, and a job where your manual labor to pay ratio is as low as it is now. Enough complaining, count your blessings and get back to work.

I believe that labor unions aren't part the solution, they are part of the problem. If you really want to fix things, then educate yourselves as to how our govt works, our history as a nation, American exceptionalism, and vote your conscience.
So much for don't tread on me.

What ever you think about it, for it or not for it these guy's have alot of balls. They are going into one nasty street fight.

What shocks me is, where it's happening. XCO was always a pro con-way center. they eat, sleeped and drank con-way. Most of their kids are named Jerry, Dick and Doug. These guy's always put con-way first. Good luck and be safe.

Its it true that there is a few other centers going to the dark side?

What ever you think about it, for it or not for it these guy's have alot of balls. They are going into one nasty street fight.

What shocks me is, where it's happening. XCO was always a pro con-way center. they eat, sleeped and drank con-way. Most of their kids are named Jerry, Dick and Doug. These guy's always put con-way first. Good luck and be safe.

Its it true that there is a few other centers going to the dark side?

Could not be put better!!!!

I will say this.... The Overnight guys that hated the Teamsters. Sure do seem to like there new found bargaining Rights... I can't. Help but laugh to myself.. I seen drivers at costomers say screw the Union from Overnight... Now I work with these same drivers at UPSF.... And I see them filing. Greiviences and I'm thinking man that driver sure changed his tune...

Balls!!!

Does anyone remember when CF was starting to fall, a bunch of their mucky-mucs jumped into the top of our company. We are struggling to make money because we are still paying a lot of those salaries. Too many bean counters for the beans we have. Also those are the same guys that the drivers of CF figured that they needed a third party to fight for them. The drivers of CF did not bring a union in because they were making too much money and wanted to give it away. They were desparate.
It may not be now, but at some point, we will not be making enough to survive if our current trend continues. These guys know the end result of the con-way Eastern battle, yet are willing to try. BALLS!!! DESPIRATION!!! FEAR!! Good luck and thank you for standing up while we all just conform.

And truthfully gentlemen, the total compensation package we enjoyed 10 years ago is not that different than todays except for the rise in health care cost. Not to mention 10 years of inflation. Oh and did I forget to mention the new retirement plan,the "work until you die plan". and if you are lucky, you will die on the job, I hear there's a little extra for your family if you do.

And I hear some say the share holders didn't get a decent return or none at all. Don't worry about them, I am sure they are not thinking "hum, water or lights,which should we have this month like some of us.

Don't get me wrong, I am not pro union, but i understand that without their influence, we would be making minimum wage.
One united Con-way, everything working under one unified set of rules. Seamless. Except for the 3 different pay structures. All rules enforced at managements discretion, which differs from region to region. service center to service center.

Last edited by a moderator:
Doug owns 123,571 shares as of March 15. While that is large , it is a small amount compared to the institutional investors and mutual fund owners who own 87% of the outstanding shares.

123,571 shares multiplied by $39 a share equals $4,819,269. It would appear that Doug has quite the nest egg. If the price of our stock goes up $1, Doug just made another $123,571. Not bad, I could probably make that much in 2 years.

123,571 shares multiplied by $39 a share equals $4,819,269. It would appear that Doug has quite the nest egg. If the price of our stock goes up $1, Doug just made another $123,571. Not bad, I could probably make that much in 2 years.

If Doug is the reason for the stock to go up one dollar, then good for him and good for us. That's why it's called "LONG-TERM INCENTIVE COMPENSATION AWARDS".

If Doug is the reason for the stock to go up one dollar, then good for him and good for us. That's why it's called "LONG-TERM INCENTIVE COMPENSATION AWARDS".

What on earth could Doug possibly do to make our stock go up. Does Doug pick up freight or deliver freight? Does Doug answer the phone when our customers call? Can Doug please give me an ETA as to when he will be arriving with my Plasma TV?
Seriously, I know he does something,I know he has a very important job with lots of responsbilities, and I know that all the folks in Ann Arbor have a purpose in the grand scheme of things. I know that we are all part of a really big team and we all play a role in the success of this company so could we all please get our own piece of the pie. BOD gets a raise, so should I and so should you. If the CEO gets some "Long-Term Incentive Compensation Awards" how bout we get our 401k match back and the extra contribution to make up for the loss of pension contributions. That is some long term incentive for me. I don't think that is an unreasonable request.

Doug is responsible for ensuring that the company delivers maximum profit and the long term compensation encourages him to run the company well because he also has a stake in the outcome.

Doug is responsible for ensuring that the company delivers maximum profit and the long term compensation encourages him to run the company well because he also has a stake in the outcome.

Just don't run it so well that you show so much profit that you have to give the real workers of this company their fair share or even possibly open the door for a hostile takeover. Then Doug, the BOD's, and all of the other empty suits in Ann Arbor would be out of a job. They can, will, and do manipulate the numbers any chance they get.

If he benefits in a case like this.....it is insider trading. John got busted for buying that safestack stock crap. Trading like that is something he shouldn't do. I am probably not ready for your paragragh long response to come my way. All them big words will confuse me. Just sayin
How many shares does Dougs wife own? His relatives? There is some research to cover.