Yellow | yrc csa score hit 75 today

How about condemning some of the so called Teamster "slugs" who are as responceble as senior management is.
Quit giving a pass to them. There is no excuse for doing less than your best. If that's not possible then IMO you're a bigger problem than senior management.

I agree.....we have guys that take an hour an a half to hook a van and nothing is said to them. Feet up on the dash, playing video poker and there is plenty of work to do. There is no accountability whatsoever. Our linehaul bosses get paid to manage and they can't even do that. Everyone sees the footdraggers getting away with what they do and it brings everyones attitude down a few pegs. I'm not saying everyone has to run their nuts off....just do the bare minimum and we would see a vast improvement. Yes, we have gotten packed in the can the last 5 or 6 years but all my kids still need their braces, eyeglasses and perscription meds.

Followed the link. I see violations listed. Not a single word about CEO bonuses...
It is easy to see how someone who isn't using the equipment in it's current condition could not understand the frustration of the company giving over 13 million dollars to it's top 2 executives instead of investing it in badly needed equipment. It is confusing though how someone who does not use the equipment in it's current condition could possible have a informed opinion on the best use for 13 million dollars.

It is easy to see how someone who isn't using the equipment in it's current condition could not understand the frustration of the company giving over 13 million dollars to it's top 2 executives instead of investing it in badly needed equipment. It is confusing though how someone who does not use the equipment in it's current condition could possible have a informed opinion on the best use for 13 million dollars.

I believe the post you are speaking of was in reply to KK's post asking us to stay on topic. Almost all threads seem to come down to I voted no, you voted yes. Mr. Welch & Mr. Pierson aren't worth their Compensation Packages, etc.
Jimmy was just pointing out that there were other post that weren't on topic. I mean c'mon, what's to say about the CSA Score. Pre-trip your Unit, either get it fixed, or roll the dice and take your chances. Were not Newbies here. You leave without brake lights, headlights out, air leaks, etc, etc, etc. you're part of the problem.
Overland Park doesn't make you take defective equip. Thats your decision.

I agree.....we have guys that take an hour an a half to hook a van and nothing is said to them. Feet up on the dash, playing video poker and there is plenty of work to do. There is no accountability whatsoever. Our linehaul bosses get paid to manage and they can't even do that. Everyone sees the footdraggers getting away with what they do and it brings everyones attitude down a few pegs. I'm not saying everyone has to run their nuts off....just do the bare minimum and we would see a vast improvement. Yes, we have gotten packed in the can the last 5 or 6 years but all my kids still need their braces, eyeglasses and perscription meds.
I know. I know . The sheep team likes this. But it is true. We are our own worst enemy for some of this companies problems.

You say the money for the execs would've bought new equipment. Big R says the money for the new uniforms and the popcorn machine could've too, but he's not allowed to say that. The main culprits were hours of service, not changing your duty status, not carrying your medical card, and not pretripping. CEO pay had nothing to do with that...

I believe the post you are speaking of was in reply to KK's post asking us to stay on topic. Almost all threads seem to come down to I voted no, you voted yes. Mr. Welch & Mr. Pierson aren't worth their Compensation Packages, etc.
Jimmy was just pointing out that there were other post that weren't on topic. I mean c'mon, what's to say about the CSA Score. Pre-trip your Unit, either get it fixed, or roll the dice and take your chances. Were not Newbies here. You leave without brake lights, headlights out, air leaks, etc, etc, etc. you're part of the problem.
Overland Park doesn't make you take defective equip. Thats your decision.
I was referring to the post I quoted, pretty simple to see.

You say the money for the execs would've bought new equipment. Big R says the money for the new uniforms and the popcorn machine could've too, but he's not allowed to say that. The main culprits were hours of service, not changing your duty status, not carrying your medical card, and not pretripping. CEO pay had nothing to do with that...
Really, I only see 1 item hitting the intervention threshold and it's the equipment.

Unsafe driving 9% – with a 60% threshold intervention number

Hours of service 48% with a 60% threshold intervention number

Vehicle maintenance 75% with a 75% threshold intervention number

Controlled substance 0% with a 75% threshold intervention number

Driver fitness 42% with a 75% threshold intervention number

Out of Service Rates
Driver 0.9%
Vehicle 17.3%

Really, I only see 1 item hitting the intervention threshold and it's the equipment.

Unsafe driving 9% – with a 60% threshold intervention number

Hours of service 48% with a 60% threshold intervention number

Vehicle maintenance 75% with a 75% threshold intervention number

Controlled substance 0% with a 75% threshold intervention number

Driver fitness 42% with a 75% threshold intervention number

Out of Service Rates
Driver 0.9%
Vehicle 17.3%

If a proper pre-trip is completed and repairs made before you hit the street, the # would be cut in half at least.

ps. I know what you were replying to. Jimmy g's post, which he was commenting on KK's request to stay on topic. Making the point that Company bashing isn't mentioned in the CSA Score, yet it works it way into every thread. Good thing, 'cause we would be shut down if it was included in Our Score.

Explain 13M in compensation better spent, when the majority of the compensation is through stock options.

Not to nit pick, but the majority of YRCW executive compensation is actually in the form of shares and not options. Financial experts recommend the share based compensation over the option based as the share based plan gives more incentive to the long term growth and success of the company. There is a lot to read in the 2015 Proxy Statement about how the executive compensation is formulated. Informative reading for those who take the time.

http://investors.yrcw.com/secfiling.cfm?filingID=1193125-15-95538&CIK=716006

Not to nit pick, but the majority of YRCW executive compensation is actually in the form of shares and not options. Financial experts recommend the share based compensation over the option based as the share based plan gives more incentive to the long term growth and success of the company. There is a lot to read in the 2015 Proxy Statement about how the executive compensation is formulated. Informative reading for those who take the time.

http://investors.yrcw.com/secfiling.cfm?filingID=1193125-15-95538&CIK=716006

It is nitpicking and I am good with it!
I misspoke.
I meant to make it clear that there was not 13M cash to invest in equipment.

Maybe the next time a yrc driver gets pulled over and hasn't caught up his logs or checked his equipment, he can complain to the cop about CEO pay and offer him a bag of popcorn...:drama:

Maybe the next time a yrc driver gets pulled over and hasn't caught up his logs or checked his equipment, he can complain to the cop about CEO pay and offer him a bag of popcorn...:drama:
YRC does use Orville redenbacher exclusively, and with it being in the top 10 for quality based products, it does help our score because drivers stay awake better while trying to pick the hulls from their teeth!!!!!

It is nitpicking and I am good with it!
I misspoke.
I meant to make it clear that there was not 13M cash to invest in equipment.

I definitely knew that was your intent. I just wanted to clarify the form of the extra comp in case any of the misinformed rabble rousers jump on that issue and burst a blood vessel over it and then file a workers comp claim since it's a work related situation to them.

I definitely knew that was your intent. I just wanted to clarify the form of the extra comp in case any of the misinformed rabble rousers jump on that issue and burst a blood vessel over it and then file a workers comp claim since it's a work related situation to them.
Good thing we have resident know-it-alls like you and Jimmy to keep the company from work comp claims.

Maybe YRC could issue enough shares to Freightliner to replace the entire fleet????