Yellow | YRC Worldwide will close 40 terminals because of low freight volume

in reference to the yes voters i happen to have sold my vote for one dollar....but never got paid... but the bigger issue at hand is not the vote but the real reason yes votes were so prevalent is Debt..........DEBT makes the Union members WEAK....can I get an amen?

We all need to learn that lesson. Too many I've talked to are fearful of losing everything without a 60 hour paycheck. I'm debt free and am open to take it down the road if I have to. I'm not rich but not kissing it either. Stand strong brother.

We all need to learn that lesson. Too many I've talked to are fearful of losing everything without a 60 hour paycheck. I'm debt free and am open to take it down the road if I have to. I'm not rich but not kissing it either. Stand strong brother.

Exactly! I don't feel sorry for anyone thats in the hole for 60 hours a week seeking the lifestyles of the rich and famous. Bet that "small" 2500 square foot house looks pretty good to them now instead of the trailer they're getting damn close to renting. How about all those ARMs that are coming up soon or the 2 million or so who's 99 weeks runs out the end of the month! All for show! What a shame!

Congrats to you, I am too and it feels so damn good

Nobodys really getting off easy in America, property taxes going out of control plus the cost of health care and food, now add an automobile. Doesnt matter if your debt free or not, your still paying out big time !!! In a way I think the guy renting a trailer is the smart one, think about it......

Exactly! I don't feel sorry for anyone thats in the hole for 60 hours a week seeking the lifestyles of the rich and famous. Bet that "small" 2500 square foot house looks pretty good to them now instead of the trailer they're getting damn close to renting. How about all those ARMs that are coming up soon or the 2 million or so who's 99 weeks runs out the end of the month! All for show! What a shame!

images
come on man, YRC is a cash cow..go for it..you miss 100% of the shots you don't take

Nobodys really getting off easy in America, property taxes going out of control plus the cost of health care and food, now add an automobile. Doesnt matter if your debt free or not, your still paying out big time !!! In a way I think the guy renting a trailer is the smart one, think about it......

I lived in a trailer for alot of my life, there is no shame in it...
I live where the property taxes a year is lower than many peoples mortgage payment a month, I understand what you are saying though

Granted, we all must pay the piper but I don't need YRCW to do that. I'm just saying I can make it with just about any driving job if push comes to shove. Believe it or not ya'll there is life after YRCW if it comes to that. That's the freedom of financial independence.

Last edited by a moderator:
I lived in a trailer for alot of my life, there is no shame in it...
I live where the property taxes a year is lower than many peoples mortgage payment a month, I understand what you are saying though

Did you have central heat? What did you do when you needed to go to the bathroom, was there a communal type thing? Was it in a camp? How could someone raise kids in a tin can? I understand its cheap living but don't they self destruct after 10 years?:biglaugh:

dear yes voter... unfortunately, your yes vote will continue to screw us now and in the times to come. Thanks again to all the yes voters. If we are to get screwed, I pray each and every yes voter gets hit hard first...

dear yes voter... unfortunately, your yes vote will continue to screw us now and in the times to come. Thanks again to all the yes voters. If we are to get screwed, I pray each and every yes voter gets hit hard first...

dear trouble causer at 309..the vote was not about whether to close terminals

it was about to keep some open, yes the beatings will continue

real brawlers love to get hit hard
images

The reason for voting no was knowing that this ship is sinking regardless!! If you sink it now you allow yourself to receive unemployment and it also frees up 40-45000 bills a day for other companies to pick up or deliver. Which in turn employs more drivers at those companies. Its really a no brainer!! Thats the finances behind it all.. thats why you dont quit.. if you quit than no unemployment! So you yes voting yessir boss boys think about about this before you tell a no voter to quit. These working conditions SUCK!! Because of you YES voting folks we lost alot of working conditions we once enjoyed.. Sad actually, sad to see grown men be this subservient to anybody or anything!!

The reason for voting no was knowing that this ship is sinking regardless!! If you sink it now you allow yourself to receive unemployment and it also frees up 40-45000 bills a day for other companies to pick up or deliver. Which in turn employs more drivers at those companies. Its really a no brainer!! Thats the finances behind it all.. thats why you dont quit.. if you quit than no unemployment! So you yes voting yessir boss boys think about about this before you tell a no voter to quit. These working conditions SUCK!! Because of you YES voting folks we lost alot of working conditions we once enjoyed.. Sad actually, sad to see grown men be this subservient to anybody or anything!!

There is a small problem with your logic. It is called capacity, every company has excess capacity including the YRCW companies. If YRC and the regionals were to close, how does that equate to jobs for those Teamsters employed there? Do you really think that with literally thousands of unemployed truckdrivers that the non-union companies will hire someone who has a lifetime of union affiliation????? Get a grip, better to continue here. At least we get to decide our conditions not have them forced upon us.

There is a small problem with your logic. It is called capacity, every company has excess capacity including the YRCW companies. If YRC and the regionals were to close, how does that equate to jobs for those Teamsters employed there? Do you really think that with literally thousands of unemployed truckdrivers that the non-union companies will hire someone who has a lifetime of union affiliation????? Get a grip, better to continue here. At least we get to decide our conditions not have them forced upon us.
I think you missed his point completely. He does not want to be here anymore, but won't quit due to all the reasons he stated. And his view is no less valid than the guy that has 28 years and at least it don't effect me.

Most of the people that voted "Yes" for the concession realize this will only extend their jobs for a little longer. What YRCW has been doing for the past 2 years is liquidating the company .They call it downsizing,but when it`s all over YRCW will own nothing but a pile of debt and they`re not too far from that right now. By the time YRCW is ready to close the doors,they will own nothing but a pile of worn out dilapidated junk. There will be no money to pay to the pension fund or pay to the creditors,but many top management people will walk away with millions of dollars. In the meantime the teamsters working(those that aren`t laid off) will have the benefit of a few more months of work and the union will get a few more months of dues and get credit for keeping as many members working for as long as possible. Whether you like or dislike the union,they are between a rock and a hard place right now. YRCW and the banks are calling the shots. The union`s hands are tied. All we can do is take it a week at a time.Every week worked is another paycheck.

Most of the people that voted "Yes" for the concession realize this will only extend their jobs for a little longer. What YRCW has been doing for the past 2 years is liquidating the company .They call it downsizing,but when it`s all over YRCW will own nothing but a pile of debt and they`re not too far from that right now. By the time YRCW is ready to close the doors,they will own nothing but a pile of worn out dilapidated junk. There will be no money to pay to the pension fund or pay to the creditors,but many top management people will walk away with millions of dollars. In the meantime the teamsters working(those that aren`t laid off) will have the benefit of a few more months of work and the union will get a few more months of dues and get credit for keeping as many members working for as long as possible. Whether you like or dislike the union,they are between a rock and a hard place right now. YRCW and the banks are calling the shots. The union`s hands are tied. All we can do is take it a week at a time.Every week worked is another paycheck.
In my opinion I think there was not many yes votes made to extend the job. Vote yes and pray. Not saying right or wrong.

not everyone will
Not everyone will find a job in freight or in trucking for that matter, no question. Union affiliation is definitely a problem with other non union companies, but not all!! As we all continue here we are on borrowed time. I am ready to go whenever they pull the plug (hopefully sooner than later) I am doing other things preparing myself to move on as others should be doing. It is taking me much longer because of having to go down to this rathole! I may have to resign to accomplish my goal. It is what it is. You speak as if there is only one type of occupation, only one employer. Continuing here is simply depressing and that depression was forced on us by corporate greed and you yes voters!!

th_joeebrown02.jpg
there is nothing that can be done for the totally illogical, irrational, conspiracy driven, depressed and hopeless out there. Leaving the building is the first step but they don't do it. I mean, just trying to understand the logic of some of this illogical nonsense is soooo illogical

il·log·i·cal../iˈläjikəl/

adjective: Lacking sense or clear, sound reasoning: "an illogical fear".​