Yellow | YRC Worldwide will close 40 terminals because of low freight volume

Individual high debt load doesn't necessarily make one weak, however it has a tendency to make one an economic slave to the system...That is not a good situation for anyone...Union or not....

I believe that many "yes" votes were cast because many understand the greater picture of the reality that has befallen YRC/YRCW and have hope that it can somehow survive....I'm sure that others were no doubt influenced by their personal situations
It's all lies.

Last edited by a moderator:
not everyone will
Not everyone will find a job in freight or in trucking for that matter, no question. Union affiliation is definitely a problem with other non union companies, but not all!! As we all continue here we are on borrowed time. I am ready to go whenever they pull the plug (hopefully sooner than later) I am doing other things preparing myself to move on as others should be doing. It is taking me much longer because of having to go down to this rathole! I may have to resign to accomplish my goal. It is what it is. You speak as if there is only one type of occupation, only one employer. Continuing here is simply depressing and that depression was forced on us by corporate greed and you yes voters!!

Are you so naive as to think that Corporate greed is only a problem at YRC? Corporate greed is rampant every where today...Thanks to no regulations on Wall Street.....Unbridled greed is the end result of uncontrolled capitalism. The "yes" voters have nothing to do with that...Whenever you go.....you will find out that the grass only looked greener....hopefully you'll find that out sooner rather than later. (but hopefully not to late)

Good luck to you and hope that as time goes by, that things improve and with it, your outlook. Happy T-day..

get over It! are you serious? I guess it is ok as long as it isn't happening to you. That is the trouble with this union, for the last few years now it has been good for me , sorry about the other guy's bad luck. The only thing wrong with that is, you keep getting one step closer to the ax. Tell all those guys that sacrificed and busted ass and are now looking for a way to support their families to get over it. All those guys who supported and trusted in what the union and the co. was telling them. Now being sacrificed so that a few at the top can survive and have a job. Brotherhood My butt.

Is this something that ONLY happens at a Union company I think not !

get over It! are you serious? I guess it is ok as long as it isn't happening to you. That is the trouble with this union, for the last few years now it has been good for me , sorry about the other guy's bad luck. The only thing wrong with that is, you keep getting one step closer to the ax. Tell all those guys that sacrificed and busted ass and are now looking for a way to support their families to get over it. All those guys who supported and trusted in what the union and the co. was telling them. Now being sacrificed so that a few at the top can survive and have a job. Brotherhood My butt.

you are all neive to think this thing from the begining was not orcastrated. the great contract that was established before the merger and then less then a year into it the merger the concession, than less than six months later another concession , and in less than 2 years another one. Hoffa arranged for us to get all this stuff to get elected and then took it all away and our jobs are in jepordy and this whole thing has been sold as a way to save jobs. Well lets just pat him on the back. whos job is he saving? His ? the top 10 percent? how many jobs have been lost in the last 2 years in compaison to how many have been saved. Together now we do not make one of us together. He got us a big increase in our pention contributions and then what? had to give it back and then some. He got elected and the co didn't have to pay any of the increases that was in the contract . We agreed to the second give back with an extention to the give back in the pention desperate to keep jobs and what happened? more people got the ax . third concession was to save jobs and more people will loose jobs and the ones who are left will work and never reach the retirerment which was the selling point on this one. we loose and the co . and the union win. we are doing nothing but financing our own demise. and that yes vote not only cut our own but you also sold ABF brothers down the tube to. Desperation is the only thing that is keeping yellowroadway afloat and we all know it.

They don't have management blow-hards like Jay, Albag, and Pilot though. It gets old quick.
shoeman
images

alright, you with the impotent, erectile dysfunction, hypoactive sexual desire disorder..you're going to jail

why should anyone of us have to quit a job that we have poured our harts and souls into to passifiy a bunch of hipocritical teamsters who whould sell their their there mother to save there own ass instead of fixing the proublem with the co and the union and saving the union and what it is suppose to stand for. seems to me you members who say you don't like it quit, are sell outs and don't care about anyone but themselves. all you are looking at is the more that quit the higher sinority I will have. you are not a union person. you are a selfish person.

Are you so naive as to think that Corporate greed is only a problem at YRC? Corporate greed is rampant every where today...Thanks to no regulations on Wall Street.....Unbridled greed is the end result of uncontrolled capitalism. The "yes" voters have nothing to do with that...Whenever you go.....you will find out that the grass only looked greener....hopefully you'll find that out sooner rather than later. (but hopefully not to late)

Good luck to you and hope that as time goes by, that things improve and with it, your outlook. Happy T-day..

Actually, YRC could have pulled it out, but for the Recession caused not by Out Of Control Corporations, but by uncontrolled tyranical Government. Government Control pushed business away from our nation; government control forced banks to lend to irresponsible borrowers; government control keeps the price of oil high (refuse to drill ANWR); government control runs the Public Debt to unsustainable levels; government control forces every business to now provide our healthcare (so businesses close or cut back. Government control puts new emission standards on all buisiness so they don't manufacture/ ship. There goes our jobs- done in by too much government control.

Last edited by a moderator:
why should anyone of us have to quit a job that we have poured our harts and souls into to passifiy a bunch of hipocritical teamsters who whould sell their their there mother to save there own ass instead of fixing the proublem with the co and the union and saving the union and what it is suppose to stand for. seems to me you members who say you don't like it quit, are sell outs and don't care about anyone but themselves. all you are looking at is the more that quit the higher sinority I will have. you are not a union person. you are a selfish person.

Actually, I DID quit, in March 2009. Laid off by Yellow, Oct 2008- called back in a letter from Roadway. Something didn't pass the smell test, so I quit. Found out later, would've only worked 3 weeks....

They don't have management blow-hards like Jay, Albag, and Pilot though. It gets old quick.

"Management blow-hards" Now how did you arrive at that conclusion and exactly how does this relate to the post by R-14Driver?

Sorry it gets old quick for you.....If I were of small mind I could make the same comment regarding the many childlike posts that seem to be so prevalent on here......(not saying any of your posts are) But I respect everyone's right to express opinion...agree or not...If you disagree(which is great) perhaps it would serve you better to articulate your position on whatever it is that your disagreeing with, rather than make unsubstantiated remarks such as you did.....However at least you include me in good Company and I appreciate that, and consider it a compliment ...So thanks!!!

Actually, YRC could have pulled it out, but for the Recession caused not by Out Of Control Corporations, but by uncontrolled tyranical Government. Government Control pushed business away from our nation; government control forced banks to lend to irresponsible borrowers; government control keeps the price of oil high (refuse to drill ANWR); government control runs the Public Debt to unsustainable levels; government control forces every business to now provide our healthcare (so businesses close or cut back. Government control puts new emission standards on all buisiness so they don't manufacture/ ship. There goes our jobs- done in by too much government control.

Wow.. you really do need to expand your reading and listening and learn something other than whatever it is that is telling you this.....If you truly believe all of what you post....your truly naive and limited in your thinking.....I do understand your frustration in the way things are but its NOT for the reasons you site......Just consider this one point...Washington is swarming with lobbyists... and those lobbyists are not advocating for the working person such as you and I. They are bought with Corporate money....the same Corporate money that has, in effect, "purchased" the Leaders in the Government...So who really dictates how things go? Boy now I'm going to really hear it from Shoeman now....