Yellow | YRC Worldwide will close 40 terminals because of low freight volume

Yea Corporate America is really hurting NOT !

Corporate Profits Were the Highest on Record Last Quarter
The nation’s workers may be struggling, but American companies just had their best quarter ever. American businesses earned profits at an annual rate of $1.659 trillion in the third quarter, according to a Commerce Department report released Tuesday. That is the highest figure recorded since the government began keeping track over 60 years ago, at least in nominal or noninflation-adjusted terms. .........

The New York Times > Log In

what you think i just threw that out there? yeah bro, i been there, done that, on both counts...by the way been layed off two years, got called back in aug. took the loa, 'cause i ain't workin' for those scum 'till they pay into the pension 100%, and, bring back full rate. oh, if i had've gone back, would've been laid back off right after labor day.now, how about you tough guy?

Yea Corporate America is really hurting NOT !

Corporate Profits Were the Highest on Record Last Quarter
The nation’s workers may be struggling, but American companies just had their best quarter ever. American businesses earned profits at an annual rate of $1.659 trillion in the third quarter, according to a Commerce Department report released Tuesday. That is the highest figure recorded since the government began keeping track over 60 years ago, at least in nominal or noninflation-adjusted terms. .........

Yes, they are sitting on a ton of cash..too bad the hiring and jobs haven't happened

but that's what happens when government and business exchange gunfire.

Not greed, I'd call it corporations are just maximizing profits and a way of telling Obama there is no ball game unless big business says 'play ball' and get out of our face :coffee1:

Wow.. you really do need to expand your reading and listening and learn something other than whatever it is that is telling you this.....If you truly believe all of what you post....your truly naive and limited in your thinking.....I do understand your frustration in the way things are but its NOT for the reasons you site......Just consider this one point...Washington is swarming with lobbyists... and those lobbyists are not advocating for the working person such as you and I. They are bought with Corporate money....the same Corporate money that has, in effect, "purchased" the Leaders in the Government...So who really dictates how things go? Boy now I'm going to really hear it from Shoeman now....

Corporations can make life uncomfortable, hard to live if you ignore them; but Government can jail you or kill you (legally). Part of barry's Stimulis is that by 2014, every truck must have an engine no older than a 2010, due to the Fraud called Global Warming (lobbyists). Where/how will YRC come up with the money for that????

If you want to end most lobbying-- End Taxing Income-- go with the Fair Tax!!!! Talk about a Stimulis! Everyone gets a $508 per month Prebate to cover taxes paid by the poor, then pay a Sales Tax in leiu of Income Tax. Everyone wins, except the lobbyists, Congress, and the CPAs.....

I'm going out on a limb here, but if you really read more Politics, History, and the Bible than I, you probably don't have time to work.....

Last edited by a moderator:
Corporations can make life uncomfortable, hard to live if you ignore them; but Government can jail you or kill you (legally). Part of barry's Stimulis is that by 2014, every truck must have an engine no older than a 2010, due to the Fraud called Global Warming (lobbyists). Where/how will YRC come up with the money for that????

If you want to end most lobbying-- End Taxing Income-- go with the Fair Tax!!!! Talk about a Stimulis! Everyone gets a $508 per month Prebate to cover taxes paid by the poor, then pay a Sales Tax in leiu of Income Tax. Everyone wins, except the lobbyists, Congress, and the CPAs.....

I'm going out on a limb here, but if you really read more Politics, History, and the Bible than I, you probably don't have time to work.....

I would say your out on a twig more than a limb...Your post doesn't reflect much insight for all the time you claim you spend reading.."barrys stimulus" ?? Where did you come up with that? Your credibility is compromised when you make statements that begin like that.. Global warming fraud? says Who? I think you need to climb down from your twig before it breaks....Don't want you to get hurt and have be subjected to horror of "Obama care"

I look forward to being enlightened by your vast knowledge.......Perhaps we both can learn something along the way......Shall we begin?

I would say your out on a twig more than a limb...Your post doesn't reflect much insight for all the time you claim you spend reading.."barrys stimulus" ?? Where did you come up with that? Your credibility is compromised when you make statements that begin like that.. Global warming fraud? says Who? I think you need to climb down from your twig before it breaks....Don't want you to get hurt and have be subjected to horror of "Obama care"

I look forward to being enlightened by your vast knowledge.......Perhaps we both can learn something along the way......Shall we begin?
YouTube - Alex Jones on Climategate: Hoax of all time a global Ponzi scheme

Sounds like your mixing up the CARB(California Air Resource Board) and the EPA/NHTSA Regs

images
if it ain't about money or lack of then everything else is bs. Company lost billions, funds lost billions. People lost jobs and homes. It all boils down to money and where is it coming from. The great credit crash of all time exasperates the haves from the have nots
images
images
taxes-299x300.jpg
images

Sounds like your mixing up the CARB(California Air Resource Board) and the EPA/NHTSA Regs

Recovery Act Funding for the National Clean Diesel Campaign | Implementation of the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 (Recovery Act) | US EPA

The American Recovery Act of 2009 spent $300 million for the EPA to make the CARB Standards the National Standard. It's coming, and that's no conspiricy.
YouTube - 20% Carbon Tax will Ruin California for Good! - Alex Jones Tv

why should anyone of us have to quit a job that we have poured our harts and souls into to passifiy a bunch of hipocritical teamsters who whould sell their their there mother to save there own ass instead of fixing the proublem with the co and the union and saving the union and what it is suppose to stand for. seems to me you members who say you don't like it quit, are sell outs and don't care about anyone but themselves. all you are looking at is the more that quit the higher sinority I will have. you are not a union person. you are a selfish person.

Blah, blah,blah blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah,.........I'm soooooooo sick of this rant!

My reasoning for voting yes............YES=continue working.
No=Look for another job. It was really just that simple for me and before you say oh yea you probably have lots of seniority so your not worried about your brothers, nope I'm the bottom guy on the list.

Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah,.........I'm soooooooo sick of this rant!

My reasoning for voting yes............YES=continue working.
No=Look for another job. It was really just that simple for me and before you say oh yea you probably have lots of seniority so your not worried about your brothers, nope I'm the bottom guy on the list.
I would vote Yes, only to this............

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PaeZHqcjGZc

They should have played this song in the background while doing it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0lhf9U5Wf3Q

:LMAO:

Are you so naive as to think that Corporate greed is only a problem at YRC? Corporate greed is rampant every where today...Thanks to no regulations on Wall Street.....Unbridled greed is the end result of uncontrolled capitalism. The "yes" voters have nothing to do with that...Whenever you go.....you will find out that the grass only looked greener....hopefully you'll find that out sooner rather than later. (but hopefully not to late)

Good luck to you and hope that as time goes by, that things improve and with it, your outlook. Happy T-day..

In my post I was speaking of YRC's situation not other companies. Yes I do believe that this company had one issue and one issue only and that is greed! People who voted "YES' were simply saying "I will do whatever the man wants me to do at whatever the cost" that cost is showing the company that there are more desperate workers than not. I see everyday how people really think of this company. its simply a paycheck. Most could careless about there fellow worker,there boss, or this company since all of the givebacks and the dire straights this company is in...the workers really could care less because they see no hope for success at YRC. The YES vote was not for survival for the company, it was to get next weeks paycheck. This company knows that!!! With all that said Im better than next weeks paycheck. Im worth alot more than going to a place where there isnt one single person that is happy with there employer and it shows in there work. A company is only as good as its workers and the workers at YRC really could careless about anything other than next weeks paycheck!! I care about a paycheck for the next 20 years and my self worth!!

"You voted yes!" "You voted no!" "But you voted yes!" "But then you voted no!" "But you voted yes before I voted no!" "But you voted no before I voted yes before you voted no!"

Is this what we're going to hear the next several years? (apparently).....

I see everyday how people really think of this company. its simply a paycheck.

The way the Gov's spending/ siezing power thru the Regulations; and the way the Fed and China are buying our Debt-- a paycheck is ALMOST all one CAN worry about. Even that won't be enough if they keep Devaluing our Dollar...... Try to organize a plan to pay off your individual debt; set aside what you can. Make a Disaster Plan (just in case-- be it flood, blizzard, economic disaster, job closing, etc....); and pray-- a lot!!!!!!

I voted no, twice! This time they got my yes vote. Having balls does not put food on my table, pay my mortgage, keep clothes on my kids back. It buys me time to get another job. Does all this make me mad?? Are you kidding? I'm pissed like you don't know. I don't care about anything but myself and my family. Does that make people mad? Will they call me all kinds of names? Yes! But I don't care what anyone thinks. I don't love you, I love my family, and their well being is my responsiblity. This company will continue to do whatever they want for their own good. Always have, always will. Anybody around long enough will agree. The union has lost it's teeth. You either voted YES for your own reasons, or you voted NO for the same. Both sides are right. But there is no third choice. NO ONE has my best interest in mind but ME. That's where we are in the world right now. The only way to succeed or better your life is for YOU to do something about it. Not the Union or the Company. I have lost jobs, been fired, promoted, seen my company go out of bussiness, got tons of OT, and worked partial weeks. Been there done this!!!

In my post I was speaking of YRC's situation not other companies. Yes I do believe that this company had one issue and one issue only and that is greed! People who voted "YES' were simply saying "I will do whatever the man wants me to do at whatever the cost" that cost is showing the company that there are more desperate workers than not. I see everyday how people really think of this company. its simply a paycheck. Most could careless about there fellow worker,there boss, or this company since all of the givebacks and the dire straights this company is in...the workers really could care less because they see no hope for success at YRC. The YES vote was not for survival for the company, it was to get next weeks paycheck. This company knows that!!! With all that said Im better than next weeks paycheck. Im worth alot more than going to a place where there isnt one single person that is happy with there employer and it shows in there work. A company is only as good as its workers and the workers at YRC really could careless about anything other than next weeks paycheck!! I care about a paycheck for the next 20 years and my self worth!!

You care about "your self worth and next 20 years"? Good luck in the future with your new job, I hope it all works out for you. If you are still working here then at least you will have some money to pay your bills while you search for the job that will make you happy. I would not work anywhere that caused me so much unhappiness and pain, so again good luck with your job search. I voted yes just to be able to pay my bills while I look for my future because, I don't see this company making it much longer.

I agree with your assessment of what was the root cause of YRC's situation....Greed on the part of the top people...Zollars, specifically, but I'm sure there were others that were complicit in his "empire building".
Greed is really what brought Wall Street down (prime example)....and They have gotten even more greedy since...no lesson learned.....

As far as the "yes" voters.....There are many who do hope for the survival of YRC....because that's how next weeks check will be there....and hopefully for the long term...However I do agree that the prospect of that looks bleak at times....I think that most "yes" voters realize that even with the concessions, they still have it better than starting out someplace else. In spite of the concessions YRC still has better pay and benefits and that's what everyone stays for... The "no" voters on the other hand, by and large, I feel really don't understand the gravity of the situation or just plain do not care about anyone other than themselves. (Not all of them feel this way, I recognize that.)

It's a sad comment on society that people don't care about others anymore....That is part of the problem. You are absolutely right that a Company is only as good as its workers.....That being said, the best way to make the Company a better place to work and therefor a better Company, would be for all of the Employees to pull together and make sure,to the extent possible, that YRC will still be providing paychecks 20 years hence. I think that's the hope of everyone working, even tho most feel,currently, its just next weeks check, as you put it. If no one is happy with YRC it will without question affect job performance....That is something that Management needs to address!!! It's also something that each individual can also do their part to make it better. Negativity can spread like a cancer on the workforce. Thinking in a more positive vein can have a positive impact, however as with anything, it will take more time to overcome negative influences...simply stated, it's easier to be "down" than to be upbeat.

You are indeed worth more than "next weeks check" as we all are......and I believe that we all have the same wants and needs in respect of a paycheck for the long term! Point of consideration: Self worth is something we all have without regard to a paycheck.

I appreciate your passionate and thoughtful post!

pretty damn sad its come to this . caving in just to look for a better job.some say its easier to find a job if you have 1 .i dont get that.
If you are still working at a yrc job, dont bs us that you are really looking hard for that other job. i dont believe it at all.
why would you ?
if a no would of closed us we will never know , but if it did then you would be really looking.
but if freight is your life ,i guess a yes makes it easier to go do your dream job every day .
i think riffraff got it right . i see most people just hanging out doing nothing .... and not just the union side ... not just the dock.yard guys wandering around..... and watching the road guys trying to houst themselfs up into their rigs is nearly painful to watch. takes them half hour 45 minutes to get comfy b4 they can even start it up.
just a job yes . a good job .... not hardly.
most of us hate to leave the house to go to work but its what we have been forced into. and yrc seems happy with that so i guess they get what they pay for.

You care about "your self worth and next 20 years"? Good luck in the future with your new job, I hope it all works out for you. If you are still working here then at least you will have some money to pay your bills while you search for the job that will make you happy. I would not work anywhere that caused me so much unhappiness and pain, so again good luck with your job search. I voted yes just to be able to pay my bills while I look for my future because, I don't see this company making it much longer.

At one time this was a career and is not anymore which has caused unhappiness and floor level moral throughout the entire co. In 20 yrs I hope to retire from 1 establishment. My self worth is not just monetary, being embarrassed by your employer really is unbecoming for a proud man. I am not unhappy with my life in fact life is great. I will be leaving this company very soon... thank god!! I would just like to see others have more pride in themselves and actually stand for something other than paying there bills! Good luck looking for your future...Dont listen to all these people who believe that theres nothing else. There is lots of opportunity its just not with YRC.

"You voted yes!" "You voted no!" "But you voted yes!" "But then you voted no!" "But you voted yes before I voted no!" "But you voted no before I voted yes before you voted no!"

Is this what we're going to hear the next several years? (apparently).....

The way the Gov's spending/ siezing power thru the Regulations; and the way the Fed and China are buying our Debt-- a paycheck is ALMOST all one CAN worry about. Even that won't be enough if they keep Devaluing our Dollar...... Try to organize a plan to pay off your individual debt; set aside what you can. Make a Disaster Plan (just in case-- be it flood, blizzard, economic disaster, job closing, etc....); and pray-- a lot!!!!!!

Currently there is LESS government regulation on businesses than at any other time. If you care to see what a climate of no regulation on business would look like...Look at China.....
The Fed does not buy our debt....they help create our debt. We are defiantly in hocks to the Chinese. The more money that gets printed (as a response to deficit spending) the greater chance of hyperinflation...I.E. the Weimar Republic or more recently, Brazil.....I think we agree on these things.....Good advice also regarding paying off personal debt and putting aside what you can.....and ohhh yes......Do pray......