FedEx Freight | 2019 Health Insurance

I'm not in that group, but it would bother me if I was. I'm on the lower end of the pay scale so that 150 matters.

As for the affordable health care act, FedEx is looking towards the future. That may be repealed and no longer exist. At which point FedEx would have to do what they're doing now and only fine those with options. Can you imagine the uproar? I'm sure they thought this through and they're doing the most cost effective thing while pissing off some of the people.
No doubt that people are passionate about health care as proven over the past 10 years it’s sad to see the company I’ve worked for over the past 22 years heading in this direction regardless if the laws force their hands or not. I believe not but just a opinion. There’s a lot professional drivers who are dedicated to safety and customer service I work with and would like to see a company the size of Fedex to come out with some good news for us every now and then.

No doubt that people are passionate about health care as proven over the past 10 years it’s sad to see the company I’ve worked for over the past 22 years heading in this direction regardless if the laws force their hands or not. I believe not but just my opinion. There’s a lot professional drivers who are dedicated to safety and customer service I work with and would like to see a company the size of Fedex to come out with some good news for us every now and then.
I guess in the last communication video when John Smith said hey team freight 20/20 it’s execution time he was talking about making .20 cents on the dollar in profits no doubt that the 2020 benefits were in the works a couple years ago can’t underwrite all the legal terms in just a few months.

No doubt that people are passionate about health care as proven over the past 10 years it’s sad to see the company I’ve worked for over the past 22 years heading in this direction regardless if the laws force their hands or not. I believe not but just a opinion. There’s a lot professional drivers who are dedicated to safety and customer service I work with and would like to see a company the size of Fedex to come out with some good news for us every now and then.

I agree. Healthcare is just one of the tougher ones to tackle because there is so much uncertainty involved.

Good news would be great, but more uncertainty there with trade deals not finalized and other companies looking to tighten up. Scroll the other threads here. In comparison, we're not bad.

I would like a big raise and awesome health coverage, who wouldn't? But fedex is the business of making money. I understand they can't increase the cost of doing business with elections looming. Especially when the candidates of that election are complete polar opposites.

I appreciate the opportunity FedEx gave me so I'm probably willing to deal with more negative than most. Also, I haven't been here that long do I can't compare it to Fedex 10 years ago. In my life experience, I know the grass isn't always greener and being honest, it's pretty green over here. It could be greener, but time will tell.

I agree. Healthcare is just one of the tougher ones to tackle because there is so much uncertainty involved.

Good news would be great, but more uncertainty there with trade deals not finalized and other companies looking to tighten up. Scroll the other threads here. In comparison, we're not bad.

I would like a big raise and awesome health coverage, who wouldn't? But fedex is the business of making money. I understand they can't increase the cost of doing business with elections looming. Especially when the candidates of that election are complete polar opposites.

I appreciate the opportunity FedEx gave me so I'm probably willing to deal with more negative than most. Also, I haven't been here that long do I can't compare it to Fedex 10 years ago. In my life experience, I know the grass isn't always greener and being honest, it's pretty green over here. It could be greener, but time will tell.
Very very true I will start appreciating the positives and changing what I can not worrying about what I can’t must be some reason I stayed so long.

Question for you guys maybe someone can answer. My wife’s employer offers healthcare to their part time employees but you have to work an average amount of hours per week to qualify which she doesn’t. So in my mind I wouldn’t have to pay the $150 per month since she doesn’t qualify. Does this seem right to you guys?

Question for you guys maybe someone can answer. My wife’s employer offers healthcare to their part time employees but you have to work an average amount of hours per week to qualify which she doesn’t. So in my mind I wouldn’t have to pay the $150 per month since she doesn’t qualify. Does this seem right to you guys?

I don't have the answer to this question, but now that you mention it the increase in cost here and the fine might be to push part timers out of coverage without outright removing it. I see plenty of part timers come in, work 3 hours and leave just to get coverage.

When is there NOT an election looming?
When is trade ever stable?

Every 4 years and not very often.

When has there been such political unrest?

When has China's trade practices ever been challenged?
What about our LGBT co workers who has contributed to making Fedex a household name. Benefits no longer offered for civil union partners. I guess we can save money by getting ride of the diversity council.

What about our LGBT co workers who has contributed to making Fedex a household name. Benefits no longer offered for civil union partners. I guess we can save money by getting ride of the diversity council.

That council is a pointless waste of time.

What about our LGBT coworkers? Gay marriage is federally legal and recognized.

Benefits shouldn't be offered to civil unions. If your serious get married, if you're not get benefits elsewhere.

Sure hope they come to their senses and charge every spouse the $150 fine and allow all of our hard working people the same access to healthcare.

That council is a pointless waste of time.

What about our LGBT coworkers? Gay marriage is federally legal and recognized.

Benefits shouldn't be offered to civil unions. If your serious get married, if you're not get benefits elsewhere.
Sorry for ignorance I didn’t know gay marriage was legal in all 50 states.

Sure hope they come to their senses and charge every spouse the $150 fine and allow all of our hard working people the same access to healthcare.

After thinking about it, I'm pretty convinced that this is meant to target part time employees. Full timers are collateral damage.

No ignorance. We learn through dialogue. We're heading in a direction where people with opposing views can't have a conversation. It's a scary thing.

After thinking about it, I'm pretty convinced that this is meant to target part time employees. Full timers are collateral damage.

No ignorance. We learn through dialogue. We're heading in a direction where people with opposing views can't have a conversation. It's a scary thing.
Agree

Good question.
This is exactly our situation.

Good question.
This is exactly our situation.

My uneducated guess would be no, you don't. When selecting your healthcare coverage elect the option that says your spouse does not qualify for coverage at their employer. My assumption is based on what I read in the earlier post.

There has been some great positive back and forth dialogue today, kudos to all involved who were able to have a mature conversation while keeping things civil...just as TruckingBoards was meant to be!! :1036316054:

Every 4 years and not very often.

When has there been such political unrest?

When has China's trade practices ever been challenged?
So, just so I'm clear,,,

No decent raise because of NEXT YEAR'S elections?
So, no decent raise next year either, being an election year?

What about mid-terms???
Then, the year after that, we'll be right back at PotUS election time again.

Political unrest??

Is your memory 18 months long?

Name a time in the last 250 years, any date whatsoever, and I will cite "political unrest"

The hard facts show that Fx is NOT keeping pace with wages, or benefits . Smack dab in the middle of ultra low unemployment, the longest economic boom in 3 generations, and massive coperate tax breaks.

Side note.
You reek of a non hourly employee