FedEx Freight | 2019 Health Insurance

So, just so I'm clear,,,

No decent raise because of NEXT YEAR'S elections?
So, no decent raise next year either, being an election year?

What about mid-terms???
Then, the year after that, we'll be right back at PotUS election time again.

Political unrest??

Is your memory 18 months long?

Name a time in the last 250 years, any date whatsoever, and I will cite "political unrest"

The hard facts show that Fx is NOT keeping pace with wages, or benefits . Smack dab in the middle of ultra low unemployment, the longest economic boom in 3 generations, and massive coperate tax breaks.

Side note.
You reek of a non hourly employee

I reek of a salaried employee because I don't just agree with you and I try to look at things objectively. Ok.

Midterms don't matter as much as presidential election. An election where one side advocates for new trade deals with everybody. The other side calls for free everything. Nobody knows what the societal outcome will be.

We don't know what the raise is going to be, if there is going to be one. Again, I'm an objective person and I look at everything happening.

As for the "strongest economy in 3 generations", it's due for a correction. Not a matter of " if", it's a matter of " when". Yes, FedEx received a tax break. It looks like they are investing that money in the company and implementing new technology. Like it or not, tax breaks don't always trickle down and they don't always mean raises.

Raise next year probably won't happen, given the history of raises. If we get one now the next one will probably be in 18 months again.

Political unrest is at a high level. It's easy to go back 250 years and cite examples of unrest. Just make sure you add in the impact felt by businesses.

The trade war with China leaves a lot of uncertainty. Especially when most of our goods come from China. Freight has slowed down considerably.

I reek of a salaried employee because I don't just agree with you and I try to look at things objectively. Ok.

Midterms don't matter as much as presidential election. An election where one side advocates for new trade deals with everybody. The other side calls for free everything. Nobody knows what the societal outcome will be.

We don't know what the raise is going to be, if there is going to be one. Again, I'm an objective person and I look at everything happening.

As for the "strongest economy in 3 generations", it's due for a correction. Not a matter of " if", it's a matter of " when". Yes, FedEx received a tax break. It looks like they are investing that money in the company and implementing new technology. Like it or not, tax breaks don't always trickle down and they don't always mean raises.

Raise next year probably won't happen, given the history of raises. If we get one now the next one will probably be in 18 months again.

Political unrest is at a high level. It's easy to go back 250 years and cite examples of unrest. Just make sure you add in the impact felt by businesses.

The trade war with China leaves a lot of uncertainty. Especially when most of our goods come from China. Freight has slowed down considerably.
The point is election is next year so are you saying every 2 years freight will slow? Raises are every year not 18 months so we all expect a raise next year. It was moved up last year because of tax breaks which fedex has moved back to the normal time.

I reek of a salaried employee because I don't just agree with you and I try to look at things objectively. Ok
Unfortunately there’s a lot of this on here...don’t agree with the negative narrative and you’re immediately accused of being management...SMH!!

I for one appreciate your openness and willingness to look at things objectively. I don’t necessarily agree with your whole post but I do appreciate the mature dialogue!!

The point is election is next year so are you saying every 2 years freight will slow? Raises are every year not 18 months so we all expect a raise next year. It was moved up last year because of tax breaks which fedex has moved back to the normal time.

It might. Who knows what will happen in 2 years? Do you?

If raises are every year, why was the last one 18 months ago? Why would tax breaks affect when FedEx gives raises? Sounds like there's more to that.

You all expect a raise next year. Why? Where is it written that a raise will be given next year? You're assuming that we will, I say we might not.

If we do, I'll be pleasantly surprised and most of you will huff that it's not enough and that you deserve more. Oh no, I must be management.

Nobody here knows what decisions are being made or what FedEx is working on. They do a good job of keeping secrets until it's time for us to know. Then they roll it out horribly.

Hope for the best, prepare for the worst. Worry about what you can control and let the chips fall where they may.

Unfortunately there’s a lot of this on here...don’t agree with the negative narrative and you’re immediately accused of being management...SMH!!

I for one appreciate your openness and willingness to look at things objectively. I don’t necessarily agree with your whole post but I do appreciate the mature dialogue!!

I'm all for a constructive conversation. I'm not interested in being management. The money to stress ratio doesn't balance out. And most importantly, people that don't matter just don't matter. I don't care what their opinions of me are. I've been called a lot worse than management.

If raises are every year, why was the last one 18 months ago? Why would tax breaks affect when FedEx gives raises? Sounds like there's more to that.

You all expect a raise next year. Why? Where is it written that a raise will be given next year? You're assuming that we will, I say we might not.

If we do, I'll be pleasantly surprised and most of you will huff that it's not enough and that you deserve more. Oh no, I must be management.

Nobody here knows what decisions are being made or what FedEx is working on. They do a good job of keeping secrets until it's time for us to know. Then they roll it out horribly.

Hope for the best, prepare for the worst. Worry about what you can control and let the chips fall where they may.

Are you new? I expect a raise next year because we get 1 every year. Last year was moved up due to tax breaks asks someone at your center. Your 2 year theory means we would never get a raise?? Your not management for sure. Your somebody new who thinks they have insight on fedex lmao.

Are you new? I expect a raise next year because we get 1 every year. Last year was moved up due to tax breaks asks someone at your center. Your 2 year theory means we would never get a raise?? Your not management for sure. Your somebody new who thinks they have insight on fedex lmao.

Oh man, 1 guy says I reek of management and the other says I'm for sure not management.

I am new, but I don't claim to have insight. I just said some things that rubbed people the wrong way for some reason. Think about what I've said so far and tell me where I'm wrong.

Election coming up with polar opposite views on everything.

Trade wars looming with more than one country and one of those countries happens to be our supplier for pretty much everything.

Things are pretty slow and maybe we won't get a raise.

I don't have a 2 year theory. I said due to the polar opposite views coming up in this election every company is playing it safe, not just FedEx. When you asked if I was saying things would be slow every 2 years, I clearly answered you by saying nobody knows what's going happen 2 years from now. Hardly a theory.

Oh man, 1 guy says I reek of management and the other says I'm for sure not management.

I am new, but I don't claim to have insight. I just said some things that rubbed people the wrong way for some reason. Think about what I've said so far and tell me where I'm wrong.

Trade wars looming with more than one country and one of those countries happens to be our supplier for pretty much everything.

I don't have a 2 year theory. I said due to the polar opposite views coming up in this election every company is playing it safe, not just FedEx. When you asked if I was saying things would be slow every 2 years, I clearly answered you by saying nobody knows what's going happen 2 years from now. Hardly a theory.

Freight is doing better than we ever have number wise. Is Freight slowing down or is the over hiring plan hurting things at fed ex? At my center the over hiring is the reason we are leaving 3-5 home every day.

You also said we get raises every 18 months and there had to be another reason they moved up last year.

Freight is doing better than we ever have number wise. Is Freight slowing down or is the over hiring plan hurting things at fed ex? At my center the over hiring is the reason we are leaving 3-5 home every day.

Over hiring
You also said we get raises every 18 months and there had to be another reason they moved up last year.

I said it was 18 months this time, proving that a yearly raise is not set in stone. And there may be another reason the raise was moved up. I can't be skeptical of something because I'm new? Some of you folks are really sensitive.

Over hiring

I said it was 18 months this time, proving that a yearly raise is not set in stone. And there may be another reason the raise was moved up. I can't be skeptical of something because I'm new? Some of you folks are really sensitive.

Yes our yearly raise is set in stone we get one every year, like old dude said they moved our last raise up to share the tax break we received. This year they didn't share the tax break at all......

It may be the over hiring that's hurting things and it could be the reason for the hike in insurance costs. Over hiring hurts the bottom line and the bottom line is the only thing that matters. They over hired all the way around. Too many drivers and too many dock workers. The cost that go along with that cut into revenue. There is more freight moving, but there is also more cost associated with that. It has an effect on raises, cost of benefits and the cost of insurance. At my center, it seems like somebody gets hurt weekly. Usually at the hands of a reckless part timer.

It may be the over hiring that's hurting things and it could be the reason for the hike in insurance costs. Over hiring hurts the bottom line and the bottom line is the only thing that matters. They over hired all the way around. Too many drivers and too many dock workers. The cost that go along with that cut into revenue. There is more freight moving, but there is also more cost associated with that. It has an effect on raises, cost of benefits and the cost of insurance. At my center, it seems like somebody gets hurt weekly. Usually at the hands of a reckless part timer.

They expanded the overall payroll to cut ot at my center. How freaking stupid is that? It's not anyone's fault but their own for making stupid business decisions.

Yes our yearly raise is set in stone we get one every year, like old dude said they moved our last raise up to share the tax break we received. This year they didn't share the tax break at all......

You know like I know, that they are not. Getting a raise every year does not mean it will happen every year. It makes it more likely, but it does not guarantee it. They can stop giving raises at any time, just like they pull 401k and pension contributions. And those are actually in writing.

Mine did as well. And I agree with you on that. Stupid business decisions trickle down faster than money.
I still believe the health care changes was all in the freight 20/20 plan when Fedex first came up with freight 20/20 the economy was flat and then everything started turning around and the tax cuts took effect so other companies offered bonuses and guess who was last to the table. No complaints we received a good raise 6 months early only due too pressure from employees asking questions. Now that year 2020 is near with records being set by freight and the economy doing well Fedex is going to have hard time on convincing employees things are bad and we need to cut cut cut.

I still believe the health care changes was all in the freight 20/20 plan when Fedex first came up with freight 20/20 the economy was flat and then everything started turning around and the tax cuts took effect so other companies offered bonuses and guess who was last to the table. No complaints we received a good raise 6 months early only due too pressure from employees asking questions. Now that year 2020 is near with records being set by freight and the economy doing well Fedex is going to have hard time on convincing employees things are bad and we need to cut cut cut.
And for the over hiring could be to cover for some employees leaving over benefit changes and raises. I’ve noticed that most of the comments at my center comes from new hires. It could be worse. My suggestion to all the senior guys demand to get your hours and let the junior guys sit home. I’ve already took extra work to adjust for the $150 fine from 2 drivers that will be exempt. 22 years should count for something.

You know like I know, that they are not. Getting a raise every year does not mean it will happen every year. It makes it more likely, but it does not guarantee it. They can stop giving raises at any time, just like they pull 401k and pension contributions. And those are actually in writing.
Keeping it short...

It might be best to ASK questions like:

Do we ALWAYS get a raise? 28 years says yes, but at 4:00 am my recollection might not be running on all cylinders. May have been 1 year we didn't.

Have the ever stopped 401k match? Yes

Was the 6 month early raise officially attributed to the Trump Tax Cuts? Yes, and the value was around $1200. +/- depending on wage.

Are freight levels REALLY down significantly, or just fully/over staffed?

I'm TOLD we are down 2% year over year, from record breaking levels. (2% less than best ever points to fully/over staffed.)

I can't be certain whether that is a local #, or system wide, but I can be certain that we will know tomorrow, when quarterly results are released.

STAY TUNED

Last edited: