XPO | 65mph, Is It Just Us Mostly?

That's when it's time to bid the road. Let them feel what it's like without you. Usually they start asking if you are coming back to the city next year two weeks after the new bid starts.
That never happened to me. Guess I suck in the city! I did more stops then some today though! I always say to the inbound FOS, give em more stops then. They can’t overload them and hurt their feelings.

That never happened to me. Guess I suck in the city! I did more stops then some today though! I always say to the inbound FOS, give em more stops then. They can’t overload them and hurt their feelings.

Sorry to hear that, driver. In a big barn like this with the kind of turnover that we have. It's pretty easy to look like a rock star compared to some of what gets hired in.

Have you ever not made it to the other side?

You must drive in Florida or something. Hell yeah, there have been times i didn't make it. Had more to do with the tires and the road conditions. But sure have been times that I didn't make it. And I ain't in the Rockies or anything crazy. These trucks slip and slide in a light rain. No power and no traction.

But sure. Dry roads. Down to 15 mph coming up Mt. Cabela there on 70 E. Okay. I made it. But was it really safe to do ?

LOL. Well. You obviously haven’t been there. But as you come up this little mountain. There is a big ass Cabelas right there on it. I believe the area is Tridelphia, WV. If you look up the store there. That’s the location.
Yes I have back in the days of a 350hp truck with and 9 speed trans. I would have been happy with 10mph going up that little hill. For everyone else out there it I70 east of Wheeling WV
Hell it's only a 5% grade for 2 miles. here a pic of the sign on the west bound side
https://www.google.com/maps/@40.064...4!1sdzKH7Zzk8DOgFQ6p4nRqnQ!2e0!7i16384!8i8192

Last edited:
LOL. Well. You obviously haven’t been there. But as you come up this little mountain. There is a big ass Cabelas right there on it. I believe the area is Tridelphia, WV. If you look up the store there. That’s the location.
Here's a hill I used to run all the time before working here. You had to stop at the top before going down and from what I was told back in the day CCX ran that road with the old Ford L-8000. I do believe it is the route way to and from XLF to place like, XEG, XYH, XWC, XRQ, XPH, and XAN to name a few
https://www.google.com/maps/@40.752...Yr6xnc2QiMez1loTiQOw!2e0!7i13312!8i6656?hl=en

Last edited:
You must drive in Florida or something. Hell yeah, there have been times i didn't make it. Had more to do with the tires and the road conditions. But sure have been times that I didn't make it. And I ain't in the Rockies or anything crazy. These trucks slip and slide in a light rain. No power and no traction.

But sure. Dry roads. Down to 15 mph coming up Mt. Cabela there on 70 E. Okay. I made it. But was it really safe to do ?
Nope. Great white north. And it sounds like you’re upset with road conditions and tire wear, not tractor power. I run some hilly areas, and stick right with loaded OTR guys.