XPO | 65mph, Is It Just Us Mostly?

The real reason is accidents immediately went completely out of control. If drivers would have used discretion. It would have been okay. They didn't and so it had to be taken away.
So how many of these accidents were attributed to speeds above 65 mph? I run out of NMP and didn’t hear of any crashes being blamed on speeds over 65 mph.

So how many of these accidents were attributed to speeds above 65 mph? I run out of NMP and didn’t hear of any crashes being blamed on speeds over 65 mph.
I think the accident excuse was false, just like when we were also told drivers asked for the speed to be turned down:17113:

In my experience on line now, only YRC is lower then us. I am passed by all LTL, CARRIRERS now. The problem now is, you can’t set your cruise control behind a truck going 64-65 At all times, because you will get kicked out , to maintain a safe distance. Try passing a truck who won’t or can’t set his speed to 65, you get out on his side, but he’s 64, 65, 64 65,.... now you blocking traffic, so back off, get back behind him. I have no problem doing 65, but when you can’t set your cruise, it sucks. When we were at 70 mph, it was no problem to pass those trucks, like, Schindler, JB Hunt, Knight, Winnco foods, Swift, who max speeds, are from 63-65mph. I even had a UPS PARCEL semi, pass me going 79 Friday. I just find it odd, that only XPO, felt it was unsafe to have trucks going 70, when all other LTL, companies, except YRC, don’t share this concern.

In my experience on line now, only YRC is lower then us. I am passed by all LTL, CARRIRERS now. The problem now is, you can’t set your cruise control behind a truck going 64-65 At all times, because you will get kicked out , to maintain a safe distance. Try passing a truck who won’t or can’t set his speed to 65, you get out on his side, but he’s 64, 65, 64 65,.... now you blocking traffic, so back off, get back behind him. I have no problem doing 65, but when you can’t set your cruise, it sucks. When we were at 70 mph, it was no problem to pass those trucks, like, Schindler, JB Hunt, Knight, Winnco foods, Swift, who max speeds, are from 63-65mph. I even had a UPS PARCEL semi, pass me going 79 Friday. I just find it odd, that only XPO, felt it was unsafe to have trucks going 70, when all other LTL, companies, except YRC, don’t share this concern.
I think XPO top brass only care about saving money and they think there're saving money by having trucks governed at 65, nothing more or nothing less

I drive a 2017 with the red come apart engine, when we were at 70 the truck ran fantastic, engine sounded like it was running the way it should. Now they turned it back again and it doesn't sound normal, can't breath, or get out of its own way...kinda like me..
If your trucks are geared like ours, then your probably tackin bout 1200 or so runnin 70. Then they turn em down and its luggin, only to hafta downshift at even a hint of a hill

:crybaby::crybaby::crybaby::crybaby: In all my years of driving the one thing I learned is there is always someone driving a faster truck then you.
Here's a question for you. What caused us to have the truck turned back to 65?????? The answer is what you see in the mirror.

GlobeNewswire
XPO's LTL Drivers Travel 36 Million Accident-Free Miles

July 1, 2019

135583.png

GREENWICH, Conn. - July 1, 2019 - XPO Logistics, Inc. (XPO), a leading global provider of transportation and logistics solutions, today announced that its less-than-truckload (LTL) drivers drove more than 36 million miles accident-free so far this year. The company employs approximately 13,000 drivers as one of the largest less-than-truckload carriers in North America.

In keeping with XPO`s commitment to safety, the company offers tuition-free driver training programs for students who want to earn a Class A commercial driver`s license (CDL-A). Students with driving experience in the military can participate in an accelerated training program and drive for XPO with no fees while in school. XPO`s 12-week, 240-hour driver training program for other individuals is also free at the company`s 114 driver training schools in North America.

Troy Cooper, president of XPO Logistics, said, "Our drivers begin and end each day with safety in mind. These skilled professionals have set the bar high and we`re inspired by their ability to travel long distances without any accidents." So, sounds like we were doing a pretty good job driving, even though some idiot decided to put 70 on cruise instead of the pedal.

3 1/2 hour run today, here is who passed me: UPS, OLD DOMINION, ESTES, SAIA, FEDEX FREIGHT, KNIGHT, SWIFTT, WERNER, FEDEX GROUND, AND EVEN YRC. Good for them, the worst part about going 65, is trying to pass a truck going 64 mph. You need so much open highway, in order to have the time to creep pass them, without causing a traffic jam behind you. It seems to me, the slowest trucks on the road now are: May trucking, most Schineder, Stewart, Smart and Final, and .......Xpo Logistics. I’m sure I’m forgetting some. I’m all for safety, but when you get stuck behind these slower trucks, you can’t use cruise control, or else you will drop down to 62mph, to get a safe distance. When we did 70mph, it was great. You were able to separate from the 64mph and lower trucks, and the trucks that did over 70mph, passed you by, leaving you for the most part, by your self, able to set cruise control, and relax. So it’s seems to me, we are the slowest ltl carrier on the road today, it’s strange to me, other carriers don’t feel the need to turn down their tractors.
The overall difference in time between 65 and 70 on a 350 hundred mile

At best on a 350 mile run you'd save about 23 minutes driving 70 instead of 65
Just because the truck does 70mph doesn't mean you average speed is 70mph. Load weight, terrain, traffic, and other factor play into it. Truck now do 65 and my average speed is between 40 and 50mph. So in a 70mph truck you might see 45 to 60mph as an average depending on were you run and how long the run is. The 70mph make a difference when you run flat land and ride for hours. Any thing that slows the truck down will lower the average speed.
Back in the day when speed limits were 55mph I had a 65mph truck. I drove from the NY/PA line to a truck stop in MD all 55mph interstate at night, empty, and with no traffic. When I got to the truck stop I logged my time at an average speed of 51. I only saved 15mins

Back in the day we didn't have to take a 30min break. I remember driving for my full 10hrs with out a 30min break. I sure there are many CCX/Con-way guy did that every day back then. Including in the city.
I worked at R@L and they paid you 30 min for lunch and most guys never took a lunch just to get done quicker, even after they started to required 30 min break by law

Back in the day we didn't have to take a 30min break. I remember driving for my full 10hrs with out a 30min break. I sure there are many CCX/Con-way guy did that every day back then. Including in the city.

I still don't like sitting for 30 minutes doing nothing at work. That's time I can spend at the house. And now that the clock resets itself I don't take a lunch. I got snacks I chew on all day. Probably should do less of that. I don't need to be dead in the water doing absolutely nothing for 30 minutes. All that does is make me tired.