Food Selfies

Yeah I might go ahead and use a sick day tomorrow.

butupeva.jpg

Sent from my smelly armpit using Tapatalk

The Sushi Master at the Sushi Bar I have been going to for the last 25 years does the Ama Ebi. He calls the deep fried heads "French Fries". He gave something like in the picture here once as a gift for having been a long time customer.

Like I said, it was good, but not something I would ask for on a regular basis.

That is very cool Medic. I have one of the Brinkman smokers that look like R2D2. It works great, but I've often lusted at one more like you have here.

And every time I see the prices I stop and say, "Hey! There can't be more than $50 in material there. I have a welder and all the fabricating tools I need to build one."

So I'm thinking that this fall when things slow down some I am gonna do just that. Go buy the material and get busy making one.

Oh man, to build your own grill to cook your own food would be the pinnacle of it all! Make sure you take pictures and share the results, that's going to be awesome!

Baby back ribs just starting their 30 minute break after six hours on the smoker. I used a dry rub this time and I'm really happy with the crust on them. They're going to be incredible!

So, what kind of beer should I bring?

Just bring what you want to drink for yourself. I might be doing a brisket next week. Or another pork loin. I actually have no idea but SOMETHING is getting cooked on the smoker next week. Call ahead of time so I know how many people are showing up. :)

Still ridiculously moist and flavorful. I could get used to this.

No kidding: I just got back home from a cheap buffet, went upstairs to take a Tums and Gas X, logged on for some TB, saw this picture and started salivating and drooling even on a stuffed belly.
That's awesome, Medic!

No kidding: I just got back home from a cheap buffet, went upstairs to take a Tums and Gas X, . . . . .

After getting some scarring from acid reflux, and having to get a minor surgical procedure to reopen the restriction caused by it, I am now on a life long prescription regimen of this:

And I never get heartburn anymore.

All kidding aside, if there's any time one of you are making a delivery to Dot Foods in Mount Sterling, IL, get in touch with me. If I'm home I'll make sure you at least get a good meal and a few hours away from the truck. :)

All kidding aside, if there's any time one of you are making a delivery to Dot Foods in Mount Sterling, IL, get in touch with me. If I'm home I'll make sure you at least get a good meal and a few hours away from the truck. :)

You are a good man medic!