Hobbies, do you have one or more..??....(part 2)

well i did what @Stimpy said, i need to do and that is spend more money or he will help me to do that....!!!!!!!

so under his esteemed advice, i went out and got a background poster.

walmart didn't have what i wanted, so the pet store again i went.

they like me there, and for me to say hello to @Stimpy

it's just that the damned fish keep photo bombing my pics.......the bastards....

wufrjl.jpg

well i did what @Stimpy said, i need to do and that is spend more money or he will help me to do that....!!!!!!!

so under his esteemed advice, i went out and got a background poster.

walmart didn't have what i wanted, so the pet store again i went.

they like me there, and for me to say hello to @Stimpy

it's just that the damned fish keep photo bombing my pics.......the bastards....

wufrjl.jpg
I enjoy spending your and other people's money....lol

I enjoy spending your and other people's money....lol
i used to do that too, back in my wrenching days...spending the bosses money,. for stuff like supplies and equipment...

he couldn't understand why......

until he saw the business rake in more profits.

ok, so you know i now have sand in my tank, with some gravel to one side....
ok, so you also know that i bought a paint brush for the cleaning and grooming of that sand.(maybe i didn't mention the paint brush earlier)

but, i also bought a smaller fish net, 3 "

so this morning what i did was, i gently swept up the crap on the bottom, which also included some food...
i gently swept it all into the smaller net, and gently raised that net, and all the sand came out, but of course, the crap stayed in....

so now, rather than to use the pump for cleaning, i can use the brush and net..
when i have to clean the gravel area, i can use the pump, and when i need to change the water, i can use the pump...

the thing here is that i did not want to "cheap out" on the paint brush, so i went to Lowe's and i got a "blue hawk" 2" brush on a longer handle than an ordinary brush.

i also bought a smaller fish net, a 3" one.

today, i cleaned the tank for the first time, since the put in the sand....

so i simply gently brushed the sand into the net...as i raised the net, all the sand falls out, but the crap stays in..

now, instead of losing some sand to vacuuming, i can "sweep the crap away"..

i will still need that vacuum for the graveled area however....and for changing the water.

thing here is that anyone who buys paint brushes for a quick job at the house, many of the bristles fall out on cheap brushes, you don't want that happening in your fish tank.

in the corner where the fish tank is, it is dark when i have to do any work in the tank...so i went to Lowe's looking for a "gooseneck desk lamp", that has a clamp at the bottom, to attach it to a shelf.
well they didn't have one like what i have now, but man, they had a really neat chromed one that has LED lights....$20.00
now i can see better, as i work on the tank, day or night time.

1580f2g.jpg

and with the top off, i can see clearlynow

2nr0hzt.jpg

i went to walmart, and bought a total of 4 steel sinkers....
why...??
well anytime i work on the inside of the tank, the motion very often lets the live plant, uproot itself.
so on one end, i tied a lure swivel, and then i threaded the line thru all 4 sinkers...then left a big enough "loop" to wrap around the plant, mand "lock it" with the swivel....
placed the plant back into it's front corner of the tank, and covered up the sinkers....
damned plant ain't goin' no where's....

Last edited:
in the corner where the fish tank is, it is dark when i have to do any work in the tank...so i went to Lowe's looking for a "gooseneck desk lamp", that has a clamp at the bottom, to attach it to a shelf.
well they didn't have one like what i have now, but man, they had a really neat chromed one that has LED lights....$20.00
now i can see better, as i work on the tank, day or night time.

1580f2g.jpg

and with the top off, i can see clearlynow

2nr0hzt.jpg

i went to walmart, and bought a total of 4 steel sinkers....
why...??
well anytime i work on the inside of the tank, the motion very often lets the live plant, uproot itself.
so on one end, i tied a lure swivel, and then i threaded the line thru all 4 sinkers...then left a big enough "loop" to wrap around the plant, mand "lock it" with the swivel....
placed the plant back into it's front corner of the tank, and covered up the sinkers....
damned plant ain't goin' no where's....
You're learning grasshopper...

You're learning grasshopper...
yeah, but this damned ammonia level is killing me...

i bought a bag of ammonia removing stones (for lack of a better description), and put it into the filter housing, but to be honest, the brand of filter I HAVE does not make this bag, it was for another brand of filter..

anyway, after letting the tank run through this bag, the ammonia level is still high...so here i go, changing the water AGAIN.....

also, a new filter as well....

but the ammonia level is still high...like WTF...?????

you think it'll be THAT LONG...?????

i'm already considering photography......that is, if i can get @Stimpy 5 year old tech wiz to come on over, and show me how to start up a digital camera...
Yep, I have trouble loading film in those digitals.
I had a salt water tank, caught a tiny Flounder, a Grouper and Lookdown off my dock.
I raised them to about hand size before releasing them, salt water tank is a lot of trouble.
Got rid of it when grandkids got tired of it.

I crappie fish and listen to police scanners (I have 2)
May not be a hobby much longer because everything is being encrypted

All police, fire and rescue is on the Viper system down here, don't know if you can scan it or not.
We crappie fished Lake Norman at Charl when there was no limit,you could catch a hundred any day when
they were spawning.
Guess it's a good thing limits were put on all species.

All police, fire and rescue is on the Viper system down here, don't know if you can scan it or not.
We crappie fished Lake Norman at Charl when there was no limit,you could catch a hundred any day when
they were spawning.
Guess it's a good thing limits were put on all species.
no limit at Flat Swamp now either they lifted it for a while, may come back but I think they are over populated. I have a

BCD325P2 scanner I can hear everything that's not encrypted
266px-BCD325P2.jpg

Oh I caught 40 at Thomalex last Friday kept 6 big ones for supper... Caught atleast 50 Saturday at Lake Reese but I don't keep anything under 11 so they all went back

I never keep over 10 fish