XPO | Pay increase??

No response to my question in Post #109. Maybe it was too wordy so I'll re-phrase. Since you three geniuses believe XPO DSR's aren't paid enough, then you must have a dollar figure in mind. Tell the group how much we should be making vs. what we are making.
I started with CCX in 94. I was talking with our safety guy one day about wages. He could not figure out why we had such a problem hiring. I said it was very simple. Our pay and benefits package just wasn't good enough.

I started with CCX in 94. I was talking with our safety guy one day about wages. He could not figure out why we had such a problem hiring. I said it was very simple. Our pay and benefits package just wasn't good enough.

Can’t tell you how many times, while I worked there, when I was asked why people don’t like that job. Keep quitting. Can’t hire quality drivers. By terminal managers. Regional managers. And of course the useless survey.

14 hour days. Forced 16 hour rule. Gotta work the dock. Gotta make all these efficiency/production numbers. A driver can make the exact same money at another company. Just driving the truck. Shorter days. Less stress.

I was just talking to a 30 year XPO guy and we compared what we made last year. It was within a thousand. I am on the flex. Not topped out. And he has the “best” run and is number one. He was beside himself. 30 years for what ?

I would ask in return. To the brass at XPO. Why should anyone want to work at what is now XPO ? Not just drivers. But dockhands ? Management ? I had 6 terminal managers. At least 50 FOMs and who knows how many FOSs. And I’m not counting line haul terminals I ran. Just XCO. That company treats everyone like trash. And that’s all they will ever get. If they are that lucky. A bunch of inexperienced, don’t know any better or just plain stupid frak ups. And we had some of the biggest and bestest frak ups. Check the bonehead thread if you don’t believe.

No response to my question in Post #109. Maybe it was too wordy so I'll re-phrase. Since you three geniuses believe XPO DSR's aren't paid enough, then you must have a dollar figure in mind. Tell the group how much we should be making vs. what we are making.
I will put aside the the “genius” comment just surprised it’s coming from someone who posted about attacks but I digress.

All LTL Carriers should be pay no less then $40.00/hr , time and half after 8, better healthcare and improved retirement plans.

Can’t tell you how many times, while I worked there, when I was asked why people don’t like that job. Keep quitting. Can’t hire quality drivers. By terminal managers. Regional managers. And of course the useless survey.

14 hour days. Forced 16 hour rule. Gotta work the dock. Gotta make all these efficiency/production numbers. A driver can make the exact same money at another company. Just driving the truck. Shorter days. Less stress.

I was just talking to a 30 year XPO guy and we compared what we made last year. It was within a thousand. I am on the flex. Not topped out. And he has the “best” run and is number one. He was beside himself. 30 years for what ?

I would ask in return. To the brass at XPO. Why should anyone want to work at what is now XPO ? Not just drivers. But dockhands ? Management ? I had 6 terminal managers. At least 50 FOMs and who knows how many FOSs. And I’m not counting line haul terminals I ran. Just XCO. That company treats everyone like trash. And that’s all they will ever get. If they are that lucky. A bunch of inexperienced, don’t know any better or just plain stupid frak ups. And we had some of the biggest and bestest frak ups. Check the bonehead thread if you don’t believe.
Agreed

I will put aside the the “genius” comment just surprised it’s coming from someone who posted about attacks but I digress.

All LTL Carriers should be pay no less then $40.00/hr , time and half after 8, better healthcare and improved retirement plans.
Absolutely agree, and that's a jumping off point.

For reference, the lady at Bucees that hands out free samples of fudge makes $19hr, OT after 8, 401k,and 3 weeks vacation to start.

Think about that.

Before I was hired my barn lost 4 drivers in 2 week and almost a 5th. These guy were being force to work 7 days a week, Amazon freight at the time. They must have got it under control because after I got hired not much weekend work.

We had guys leave for many reason. The best was was the driver that left for a salary driving job. Yes you heard me say that right a salary CDL job. Last I heard his average day was 6-7hrs. He does his run and go home. Others left for better work life balance and took a pay cut too. It's not always about money.

We keep hearing " We are going to hold people accountable". Yea that last about a week if that. The slackers do less while they pile the work on the one that work. I never came here to do LH but got tired of expected to to the same as other in less amount of time while in the city. Now on LH I do as little as required. If it not on the driver required duty I don't do it. Were before I would. This was not the person I was when I came here. They made this way.

Unlike Mr. Zeemen, I'll apologize for the comment. At least I can honestly say I had a reason behind it....to elicit a response, but I digress.

Thanks for your honest answer, that's all I was looking for.

SCM at our barn wasn’t happy that some came in early on Monday and others didn't..So he built the hour early Monday into our JSPs this year. So if you bid 8am.. that meant 7am on Monday and so on. It was posted like that ahead of time so you knew what you were signing up for.
Our jsp has always (and still does) reflect the hour early on Monday.

SCM at our barn wasn’t happy that some came in early on Monday and others didn't..So he built the hour early Monday into our JSPs this year. So if you bid 8am.. that meant 7am on Monday and so on. It was posted like that ahead of time so you knew what you were signing up for.
At my place they cut back on drivers coming in an hour early on Monday now that we have more DW. Now it's just the 2 that the 5am start the 2 that have the 6 am start and all 5 1030 start time come in 1hour early. All 5 inbound come in 2hrs early on Monday. That's 2 am

Before I was hired my barn lost 4 drivers in 2 week and almost a 5th. These guy were being force to work 7 days a week, Amazon freight at the time. They must have got it under control because after I got hired not much weekend work.

We had guys leave for many reason. The best was was the driver that left for a salary driving job. Yes you heard me say that right a salary CDL job. Last I heard his average day was 6-7hrs. He does his run and go home. Others left for better work life balance and took a pay cut too. It's not always about money.

We keep hearing " We are going to hold people accountable". Yea that last about a week if that. The slackers do less while they pile the work on the one that work. I never came here to do LH but got tired of expected to to the same as other in less amount of time while in the city. Now on LH I do as little as required. If it not on the driver required duty I don't do it. Were before I would. This was not the person I was when I came here. They made this way.

This is another good point. They train you to be a certain way there. And it’s the opposite of what you would expect.

Forced 16hr...yea right not me. They tired that once with me and the loads went the wrong direction back to my barn. Hold me on the dock when my VIA ready. Now I to fatigued and I'm taking this loads home or I don't have the time.

Our TM would tell people in the interview that 16 hour days would be mandatory at the companies discretion.

I tell the wife all the time. It’s a short minute before this trucking driving stuff ain’t worth it any more.
I can relate. Truckin' wasn't my first choice, or second or third for that matter. I landed in trucking after leaving a couple other occupations first. I know that some people think I'm a die hard company man all that crap, but I'm just trying to make the best of a job that when I first started, I had no desire to do and I didn't even know what LTL stood for when Conway hired me.

I can relate. Truckin' wasn't my first choice, or second or third for that matter. I landed in trucking after leaving a couple other occupations first. I know that some people think I'm a die hard company man all that crap, but I'm just trying to make the best of a job that when I first started, I had no desire to do and I didn't even know what LTL stood for when Conway hired me.
Trucking also was low on my list...I had no desire to do it, and really not much now...that doesn't mean I hate doing it, the part I hate are the hours....even when you say hey its my wife's birthday, or I have a doctors appointment, still got to fight with them to get out even after working ten hours (true stories among many others) then I hear I have a bad attitude and I say you gave it to me....

Trucking also was low on my list...I had no desire to do it, and really not much now...that doesn't mean I hate doing it, the part I hate are the hours....even when you say hey its my wife's birthday, or I have a doctors appointment, still got to fight with them to get out even after working ten hours (true stories among many others) then I hear I have a bad attitude and I say you gave it to me....
Truth

I respect that answer.